Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Damn, who the hell designed those things?
Some of them look they just made it up as they went, according the the owner's whims. Like, "That's great, but it needs columns somewhere, arches somewhere else, and something to make the garage stand out." They're just so busy and cluttered looking.

My first girlfriend’s parents did the two-story foyer thing.
There’s nothing wrong with “mansion” design if it’s done well. The problem is slapping stuff together like a hobo who just won the lottery and making a house with a foot clearance on either side of the lot and a 5ft deep back yard.

It’s amazing how large the population of Rich White Trash is. Orange County is just full of gross, embarrassing, Real Housewife type people.

Personally, I like older home styles.

Some of them look they just made it up as they went, according the the owner's whims. Like, "That's great, but it needs columns somewhere, arches somewhere else, and something to make the garage stand out." They're just so busy and cluttered looking.
Yeah, some look like they started out as a tract home and the owner went nuts trying to differentiate it.

I received the PDF of Occam's Razor from Stygian Fox yesterday. What makes it different from other books they publish is that in this book of scenarios the mythos is not involved. PDF looks good - I can't wait to get the printed copy.

There’s nothing wrong with “mansion” design if it’s done well. The problem is slapping stuff together like a hobo who just won the lottery and making a house with a foot clearance on either side of the lot and a 5ft deep back yard.

It’s amazing how large the population of Rich White Trash is. Orange County is just full of gross, embarrassing, Real Housewife type people.

Personally, I like older home styles.
That's where I live. The MO around here is to buy a lot in an older, less expensive working class neighborhood (like mine, LOL) and then build the McMansion. It's often the same kind of people who think ostentatious display of name brands increases one's status. It's classic nouveau riche status insecurity and probably not even that riche LOL. My boss's parents happen to have just built one a few blocks away that sticks out like a sore thumb in the working class neighborhood and he is clearly embarrassed about it

Last edited:
It is the Spacemaster retroclone. It's a lot like Against the Darkmaster. Similar, but different enough that it is its own thing. The balancing of the character creation is a bit different than Spacemaster.

I like Against the Darkmaster so that makes me quite interested in checking it out. I had MERP when I was about 12/13 years old, which was cool, and I was always fascinated by Rolemaster and Spacemaster but never knew where to start with either!

Do you have a link to that? I don't see it.

It's gone! :ooh: It was there for at least a couple of days though. The physical book is out next week, so I guess they maybe accidentally released it earlier than they intended?

I missed the postman (I swear they didn't even knock on my door!)
That tends to happen here as well, at times. And I put a sign on our door that says "please knock clearly" because our doorbell is... not there and our living space in on the first floor so we may not hear a knock that's too polite.

Also, if you didn't know already, Osprey are putting out an occult game (using D00Lite) called Sigil & Shadow next week. I'm probably picking that up too.
I'm tempted to pick that up, because of the system.

Oh, I see it's available on a local webshop (bol.com) for 32.99 euros. That might be cheaper than having it shipped from abroad.
It's 37.80 euros on Book Depository.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to pick that up, because of the system.

Yes, I'm likely to pick it up for the same reason. D00Lite is great and it has a feel that sort of reminds me of Palladium games but with a much better, more consistent, system. No offence meant to Palladium fans! I do still own almost all the TMNT books (think I'm missing 2), as well as several Rifts and Palladium Fantasy books. There's great writing in Palladium's stuff even if I'm not a fan of the system.

The writer/designer of Sigil & Shadow also created a really cool rules-lite system called Drive-10 that I'm a fan of. So that raises my expectations a little bit as well.

There’s nothing wrong with “mansion” design if it’s done well.

My apologies for implying they did it well and I was offended.by the post. My post should have been read in the voice of Danny Vermin as I recalled the slipshod nature of the second floor “walkway,” for lack of a better term. It was at a slight angle, and I always wondered if it would collapse one day.

Two totally unrelated things.

First, I got in my last DTRPG premium print is going up order (and two books from a Kickstarter on the bottom)

View attachment 32923

Now I’m a little sad I cheaped out and didn’t use my at-cost coupon for Lowlife 2099 before the price hike.

Yes, I'm likely to pick it up for the same reason. D00Lite is great and it has a feel that sort of reminds me of Palladium games but with a much better, more consistent, system. No offence meant to Palladium fans! I do still own almost all the TMNT books (think I'm missing 2), as well as several Rifts and Palladium Fantasy books. There's great writing in Palladium's stuff even if I'm not a fan of the system.

Probably stupid, but it kinda makes me hope they do turn their hand toward "mutant anthopomorphs eking out an existence in grimy urban dystopias" sooner or later.

Speaking of, I was juuuust sitting here thinking that Covert Ops was probably the book I was going to get the least use out of-- my tastes run very heavily toward fantasy-- but then I just binged Season 1 of Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles with my best friend and if I'm not trying to make Terminator PCs work, man, it looks like an awful lot like a system that does everything I need.

I define a McMansion as any space where the house pushes all the floor area boundaries. They usually look way to big for the lot size they're built in because land values have driven everything to crazy prices.
Context, man...:thumbsup:
1-seo-12%D0%BA%D1%8A%D1%89%D0%B0-%D1%81%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-15595685174276.jpg

Actually, it's a traditional kind of house here, from a certain period. Won't bore you with the details, but there were actually good reasons to build them exactly like that:thumbsup:.

Warhammer architecture was based on a real historical architectural style that was quite popular at one time in Europe.

Warhammer architecture was based on a real historical architectural style that was quite popular at one time in Europe.
Yeah, I know...but you can say pretty much the same about a number of other games as well:thumbsup:. And if there are such houses in the artwork, I've probably missed them.

Actually, it's a traditional kind of house here, from a certain period. Won't bore you with the details, but there were actually good reasons to build them exactly like that:thumbsup:.
Damn Bulgarians confusing everyone just to do so. :grin: Mastering the long pun takes work.

Actually you wouldn't be boring me with details. What's the logic behind it?

Meanwhile, I'm starting to get worried... no Mythic Babylon, no Blade of the Iron Throne:shade:!

That reminds me, meant to report in that TDM sent me a replacement copy of Mythic Babylon since the first had that printing error - white bar on the top and slightly crooked text. So that was pretty cool of them.
My issue would be with Drivethru, though.

Another Holy grail item arrived today, after about 10 years looking for an affordable copy.

The Easton Press leatherbound limited edition of John Crowley's Little, Big, one of my favourite fantasy novels

lb 5.jpglb2.jpglb3.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back