Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Picked up a copy of the all female edited and illustrated version of Swords & Wizardry. It's funny, because it didn't sell well (I think it had a successful Kickstarter, though), but the art is better than the regular S&W Complete, it has a sewn-in binding (as compared to the POD-style glue-in S&W normally has), and you can get it cheap. Now I'll keep it as my "shelf copy", and use the regular S&W Complete rulebook as my "beater copy". YMMV, but it's a really neat-looking book.

Picked up a copy of the all female edited and illustrated version of Swords & Wizardry. It's funny, because it didn't sell well (I think it had a successful Kickstarter, though), but the art is better than the regular S&W Complete, it has a sewn-in binding (as compared to the POD-style glue-in S&W normally has), and you can get it cheap. Now I'll keep it as my "shelf copy", and use the regular S&W Complete rulebook as my "beater copy". YMMV, but it's a really neat-looking book.
Where do you see this? I'm just curious.

I didn't get it personally, but one of the things my son wanted for his birthday was a game off of Steam called, wait for it, 5D Chess with Multiverse Time Travel, which is a mind-blowingly cool idea. I'll never play, but it sounds awesome.

That would be "Goest thou ahead, maketh my day", I think:thumbsup:!
The Brawling system in Brancalonia would be quite good for Eastwood-like pre-fight banter.

For example, in regards that line:
Sting Like a Bee! As a reaction, if a creature makes an attack that targets you, you can dodge the attack and make a beating that deals 1 additional whack against the attacker.

I didn't get it personally, but one of the things my son wanted for his birthday was a game off of Steam called, wait for it, 5D Chess with Multiverse Time Travel, which is a mind-blowingly cool idea. I'll never play, but it sounds awesome.
It sounds like something even I could consider to play...:shock:

The Brawling system in Brancalonia would be quite good for Eastwood-like pre-fight banter.

For example, in regards that line:
Sting Like a Bee! As a reaction, if a creature makes an attack that targets you, you can dodge the attack and make a beating that deals 1 additional whack against the attacker.

Doesn't count unless you can dodge it and offend the creature for being so inept at striking, Terrence Hill-style:grin:!

Doesn't count unless you can dodge it and offend the creature for being so inept at striking, Terrence Hill-style:grin:!
A beating doesn't need to be physical. It can be a Charisma based insult :smile:

There are other options like:
Kung Fusion. As a reaction, if a creature makes an attack that targets you, you can make an attack (Charisma) against that creature. If you hit, the creature must choose a new target within range to attack.

Is this the one with some art by Gennifer Bone? She's awesome.
I believe so, yeah. In addition to the stellar art, the layout a d font is different and each chapter has unique border art. It's really a nice book.

I don't like the cover illustration much. For my S&W I stick with Whitebox and own White Box Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game, which is neat and concise.

Checked the KS and yep Gennifer did all the monster illustrations. The books looks cool I'll have to keep an eye out for it in Canuckistan.
I remember some of those being posted online around the time it came out. Those illustrations are great.

I saw it online. It has a black, red and yellow cover instead of the Otus one.

View attachment 35614

I accidentally got sent one when trying to order the Otus cover, and found that I liked it better.

I don't like the cover illustration much. For my S&W I stick with Whitebox and own White Box Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game, which is neat and concise.

The cover isn't my favorite, I prefer the Otus cover, but as fas as the interior art and presentation, this version is superior.

Last edited:
I think the cover artwork looks better without the text, which is obviously an issue, it should be designed with the type in mind. Or they could have done a Beatles/Led Zep and had no type on the cover.

56a96eb4f48ef7a614c0e368721d4194_original.jpg

This is my fav of the covers, I like the sparse, clean lines and vivid colours of this cover.

1wzw887q-front-shortedge-384.jpg

I think the cover artwork looks better without the text, which is obviously an issue, it should be designed with the type in mind. Or they could have done a Beatles/Led Zep and had no type on the cover.

View attachment 35641

This is my fav of the covers, I like the sparse, clean lines and vivid colours of this cover.

I recently heard someone refer to that version of S&W as the "vagina cover", on account of it looked like one to them, which made me think they haven't seen many vaginas.

After long printing and shipping delays endemic of 2021, I finally got my City of Mist print goodies. I got 2 slip case sets (core rules + supplements), plus a dice set and a deck of dangers:

CoM-Print.jpg

The core rule slipcase came with a 3-panel GM screen; the supplement set comes with a map and an envelope of pinable clues keyed to locations and events in the Nights of Payne Town book.

Picked up Lords of Gossamer and Shadow. I read at least some of the Amber novels as a kid, but thought that a clean slate. lore-wise, might be better for all at my table (assuming I run it there). Been trying to broaden my roleplaying horizons, you might say. Thought this might be cool to have around, for inspiration if nothing else. Managed to find a new hardcover for the same price I see softbacks going for, so I finally pulled the trigger. It's a good-looking book.

The local game shop called and said that they got in all the OSE books for me, all but the GM Screen. Which for some reason they couldn't get their hands on So I drove up and picked up the books, damn they're well done. Oh and I went online to Necrotic Gnome and ordered the GM screen as well just to cover my bases. heh.
OSE Rpg books.jpg

After long printing and shipping delays endemic of 2021, I finally got my City of Mist print goodies. I got 2 slip case sets (core rules + supplements), plus a dice set and a deck of dangers:

View attachment 35665

The core rule slipcase came with a 3-panel GM screen; the supplement set comes with a map and an envelope of pinable clues keyed to locations and events in the Nights of Payne Town book.
Wow, I have the first edition and never got around to playing it. It's a great rpg to read though.
This new edition truly looks a thing of beauty :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back