Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
On other sites maybe, here it's just food for some sweet sweet thread drift...
It is only here in the Pub that those among us are astute enough to see the full potential of a Threadfall -
Knowing when to pounce and grab it, riding the thread drift to total derailment and glorious abandon, dialing it up to 11, heh heh :grin:

Last edited:
The local game shop called and said that they got in all the OSE books for me, all but the GM Screen. Which for some reason they couldn't get their hands on So I drove up and picked up the books, damn they're well done. Oh and I went online to Necrotic Gnome and ordered the GM screen as well just to cover my bases. heh.
View attachment 35727
oh wow, this almost makes me want to go OSR for a bit, they look great !!!
I can't wait to the Dolemwood setting book comes out :thumbsup:

I missed the entire line the first time round in the 2000s, then I missed the kickstarter reboot a few years ago - so I guess I'm making up for lost time now!
I've been buying two titles of 7th Sea 2E from Chaosium every fortnight for the past two months, and now I'm pretty much up to date with the current printed books available on their web store. Still got some upcoming products on the horizon, but this is pretty much the printed book stock they have at present.
Now it's time to re-watch a whole heap of inspirational material, such as: Captain Blood, The Three Musketeers, The Man In The Iron Mask, Count of Monte Cristo, The Scarlet Pimperal, Man of La Mancha, The Princess Bride, The Libertine, Nate & Hayes, Cyrano, Don Juan, Cutthroat Island, Plunkett & Macleane, Johnathan Strange & Mr Norell, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Zorro.
Happy days for me! :thumbsup:

1632035230352.png

Last edited:
I missed the entire line the first time round in the 2000s, then I missed the kickstarter reboot a few years ago - so I guess I'm making up for lost time now!
I've been buying two titles of 7th Sea 2E from Chaosium every fortnight for the past two months, and now I'm pretty much up to date with the current printed books available on their web store. Still got some upcoming products on the horizon, but this is pretty much the printed book stock they have at present.
Now it's time to re-watch a whole heap of inspirational material, such as: Captain Blood, The Three Musketeers, The Man In The Iron Mask, Count of Monte Cristo, The Scarlet Pimperal, Man of La Mancha, The Princess Bride, The Libertine, Nate & Hayes, Cyrano, Don Juan, Cutthroat Island, Plunkett & Macleane, Johnathan Strange & Mr Norell, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Zorro.
Happy days for me! :thumbsup:

View attachment 35732
Nice! So you have to do a detailed breakdown of pros and cons, in your opinion of the mechanics and setting.

The local game shop called and said that they got in all the OSE books for me, all but the GM Screen. Which for some reason they couldn't get their hands on So I drove up and picked up the books, damn they're well done. Oh and I went online to Necrotic Gnome and ordered the GM screen as well just to cover my bases. heh.
View attachment 35727

'So what is the difference between the Rules Tome, Player's Rules Tome, Player's Tome, and Reference Booklet?

'So what is the difference between the Rules Tome, Player's Rules Tome, Player's Tome, and Reference Booklet?
Rules Tome is B/X. Player's Rules Tome is just the player facing B/X (classes, basic rules, spells), with no bestiary or treasure or some referee only rules. The Player's Tome and Referee's Tome on the right side of the picture is B/X + Advanced content, split by player (classes, races, equipment, magic, adventuring rules) and referee (procedures for running adventures, monsters, treasure).
The reference booklet is just tables. Kind of a GM screen in booklet form.

under_score under_score already answered but I'll reply. In my mind I look at the Rules Tome as a DMG kinda book and the PRT as the Player's Handbook. Under_score broke down everything well. I didn't need "Treasures", "Monsters", "Druid and Illusionist Spells" or "Genre Rules" honestly. They're already in the Advanced books, I just wanted them as a completionist. The physical GM screen just shipped from Exalted Funeral this morning as well. :smile:

I picked up the I Am The Weapon draft from Zak S. So far my gaming Discord has been having a lot of fun making random character builds with the system as-written (it badly needs some organization but since it's a .doc draft I do not mind). The tag system for powers does a solid job of making sure character abilities are thematically related. Probably the one thing it really needs right now is more Gimmicks, which are a smaller and separate set of abilities that can be added onto other people like World's Greatest X, but it strikes a good balance between the sheer randomness of FASERIP and the control of pure point-buy.

I ran the Need to Know QS for Delta Green for a second time tonight. The verdict was exactly the same as last time...and mirrors a courtesan's complaint: "Too short and ended too quickly":devil:.

Maybe I should run one of the modules I've read next time:shade:.

under_score under_score already answered but I'll reply. In my mind I look at the Rules Tome as a DMG kinda book and the PRT as the Player's Handbook. Under_score broke down everything well. I didn't need "Treasures", "Monsters", "Druid and Illusionist Spells" or "Genre Rules" honestly. They're already in the Advanced books, I just wanted them as a completionist. The physical GM screen just shipped from Exalted Funeral this morning as well. :smile:
I own all the small OSE books for classic and advanced fantasy, but I might still pick up a copy of the Advanced Fantasy Referee's and Player's Tome.

So... Free League fever has me firmly in its grip. With the upcoming Blade Runner Rpg coming out next year and how well I'm grokking and utterly into the MYZ mechanics with my reading of The Forbidden Lands and Kickstarter Twilight 2000 rpg rules, I went nuts and snagged all the Alien Rpg stuff as well. Yup, I've got a collection problem. I snagged everything but the Starter Box set from my local game shop and ordered that and two interesting books via Amazon. Awesome stuff all around.
Aliens Rpg stuff.jpg

Also, Exalted Funeral sent me the GM Screen for OSE if anyone wants to see pictures of that. So my OSE stuff is all caught up too. :grin:

I had a couple of arrivals this week. First, my copy of Heart, along with a couple of supplements and the map board and stickers:

IMG_7673.jpg

Super stoked to get into this. Currently running Spire, but I'm sure we'll be trying Heart before too long. The Vermissian Black Ops even has some ideas about playing simultaneous campaigns in each game. And there's another supplement about moving characters from Spire to Heart, so I may look into that one, too.

And I also received my Campaign Planner from The Rook & The Raven. It's a customizable notebook for RPGs. You can get system specific ones, for either players or GMs, or you can customize one that's more system neutral. Here's the cover:

IMG_7674.jpg

And here are a couple of pages from inside:

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7675.jpg

It came with some wet erase overlays that you can insert over any page in order to preserve the paper. You can buy refills and other add ons like dividers and the like.

Pretty happy with the arrivals.

the Box unboxed.jpg
Today is a very special day for me and my son.

Today he and I unboxed together the french version of the initiation box to D&D 5th edition.

I was the same age he is now – 13 years old – when I came upon a D&D Basic box lying around at a friend’s house (the Moldvay version). The same week I did find this Basic box, I became a Dungeon master for my junior high school pals.

I still play D&D now (among other games, of course) 39 years later.

As I type this, my son is devouring the rules book. He is determined to master his first RPG game session to his mon and me, before refeering for his own high school friends (he thinks he needs cutting his teeth with an easy audience before dropping the dungeon on his friends :-).

And my wife gets it : she’s the one who encouraged him the most to become game master.

I feel like I’m a very lucky man, with a little tear in his eye righ now.

Look what landed today, folks...

Capture.JPG

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

SAM_6871.JPG

... I don't even have the campaign! I'm such a Magpie; anything shiny and I have to have it. It really is cool though.

So, anyone around Sheffield area that wants to run this for me? :grin:

I got this yesterday for my birthday. It's been in the house for a few weeks waiting for the 'big day'.
IMG_20210925_092828137.jpg
I never thought I would get this as it is practically non-existent in the UK.

The only sad note, is that my eldest, who is the biggest PB fan in the house (she pretty much knows the full script), has gone to uni.

I had a big chunk of cash back funds saved up on m6 credit card so I ordered a region free blu ray player and several Region B disks.

Plus picked up some reading.
I wish her well and I'm glad she's out and happy but damn my FB/Google news feed is just full of her. Ok got it she looks great at 70 and she's bi-ish. I don't need it every day. Nothing changed between yesterday and today.

I wish her well and I'm glad she's out and happy but damn my FB/Google news feed is just full of her. Ok got it she looks great at 70 and she's bi-ish. I don't need it every day. Nothing changed between yesterday and today.
I met her at San Diego Comic Con twenty years ago, she's a genuine sweetheart, and I'm glad to see her still going strong.

I went with a wifi capable player because I was out of Ethernet plug ins, you can get a player for less if you don't want wif.

Yeah it's really got nothing to do with her other than my feeds are full of her and I want additional distractions. It's the flaw of show me more algorithms. They don't stop just because you've read all the news. They just assume I read one article about her coming out and new book and now that's all I want to read about.
I met her at San Diego Comic Con twenty years ago, she's a genuine sweetheart, and I'm glad to see her still going strong

Yeah it's really got nothing to do with her other than my feeds are full of her and I want additional distractions. It's the flaw of show me more algorithms. They don't stop just because you've read all the news. They just assume I read one article about her coming out and new book and now that's all I want to read about.
I made the mistake of reading one article about Disneyworld's response to COVID back in the spring of 2020, and my Google News feed is still filled with articles by Disneyphiles about the controversy surrounding the decision to move the trashcan outside the exit to Space Mountain three inches to the west.

I made the mistake of reading one article about Disneyworld's response to COVID back in the spring of 2020, and my Google News feed is still filled with articles by Disneyphiles about the controversy surrounding the decision to move the trashcan outside the exit to Space Mountain three inches to the west.
Yeah. I finally relented and read a news article about Britney Spears Conservatorship because it seemed wierd to me she'd still be under one something like a decade after her breakdown. Now I'm up on the latest with all pop stars whether I want to be or not.

I got this yesterday for my birthday. It's been in the house for a few weeks waiting for the 'big day'.
View attachment 35968
I never thought I would get this as it is practically non-existent in the UK.

The only sad note, is that my eldest, who is the biggest PB fan in the house (she pretty much knows the full script), has gone to uni.
Incon ... never mind.

Is that the proper real version or the Harry Potter one?
Proper real. I'd never seen it, but read an interesting article about it when the rights to redistribute it got untangled, so I decided to buy the blu-ray release. Still haven't seen it, but the booklet that comes with it is pretty good.

I met her at San Diego Comic Con twenty years ago, she's a genuine sweetheart, and I'm glad to see her still going strong.

She also just hosted a great selection of films on Shudder to celebrate her 40th anniversary as Elvira so that's why is all over Twitter.

The films were very much reflective of her tastes, different from Joe Bob: House on Haunted Hill; City of the Dead (the 60s B&W film); Carnival of Souls and Messiah of Evil.

i participated in a previous DCC humble bundle, and just finished it out with an MCC bundle of holding. Honestly, looking forward to it. We've been pretty... um... not campaign focused lately, and it feels like a good spot.

Last edited:
Proper real. I'd never seen it, but read an interesting article about it when the rights to redistribute it got untangled, so I decided to buy the blu-ray release. Still haven't seen it, but the booklet that comes with it is pretty good.
I love that version. I didn't know it was available on blu-ray!

Picked up Alone against Fear (I never played 4 against darkness, the author's other game, but it seems it got quite a following)

aaf.jpg

What is it: basically a solo horror rpg: create a character, roll a mission and then go explore the town (map is in the book), each "block" you explore, you roll on different tables to see what happens. It's meant to be played as a campaign where your objective is to close the gates to hell/horrible dimension/whatever

I don't usually play solo rpg games (its easier to turn the PS4 on, shame on me) but I wanted to see how the author pulled it off and I must say I'm impressed: the rules are straightforward (usually, roll a d6 and try to get a high result) but meaty enough to allow for character growth and development.

There's quite a lot packed into these 104 pages,. There's already a scenario/campaign that's been released (Village of Dolls). If you're interested in any of the themes (solo play and/or horror) I would recommend it.

Last edited:
All week I've been getting in GURPS 3e books that I either ordered from SJG print on demand or items I found on eBay. rebuilding the 3e collection is a pain in the ass but I really do just prefer it to 4e. I did print on demand for the two compendiums just to have them but I'll probably not be a big fan of them since I'm betting a lot of it is rules mechanics that are Sean Punch driven who I am not a fan of. Who knows I might be wrong, they came out after I stopped playing or at the time I was stopping. Reminder, don't get rid of your stuff people, you'll regret it.

GURPS 3e stuff.jpg
The GURPS Traveller core book is signed by Steve Jackson, Marc Miller and Loren Wiseman. I thought that was cool. :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back