Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I used a 15% off coupon so saved more that way. Also, got my free PDFs this morning (contacted them at the link showing in Lulu and they sent them this morning).

I finally got around to reading Fallen Star for Lowlife 2090. It’s a pretty good adventure. Not perfect, but worth the price. The PCs are hired to find a missing girl, who has had the bad luck to attract the attention of one of the gonzo aspects of the game. The PCs will have to infiltrate a city facility before traveling through the Outlands to the final part of the adventure.

After an initial investigation in the city comes the infiltration aspect. A lot of detail is given for the GM to use as the PCs plot their own way in. It’s nice that it’s so freeform, though a GM will have to put in some effort in knowing everything to prepare for the PCs actions.

The trip across the Outlands is a neat look outside Mendoza city, and the final area has some nice moments where subtle PCs can miss some difficult moments.

It does have its flaws. There’s no motivation given as to why the fellow hires the PCs to locate the missing girl. Like a scenario for another game i read just before it, it’s all about buildings always having air ducts big enough for people to move through, followed by a very poorly-written sentence. I think the author was trying to say a character’s desktop computer has an alarm to summon living and drone security, but it’s worded as though both are just standing around the computer 24/7, waiting for someone to enter the room.

The travel through the Outlands has a bit of “writers have no sense of scale” (especially where traveling through ruins is concerned) combined with no explanation as to why PCs can only use a certain transport method once.

The finale has a plot hole reminiscent of the one in the end of Universal Brotherhood, and a loot table that is referenced is nowhere to be found in the module.
Despite all that. I do recommend it.

6FA9C6FA-FF8C-48AF-950F-B38DD2ACEC87.jpeg

Arion Games are sending electronic presents to the people who have bought something from them in the last month, so I got mine.
Since I've bought Maelstrom Domesday Campaign and the Maelstrom Manor, I got Maelstrom Gothic and some printout figures for fantasy pirates.

Granted, I've got Maelstrom Gothic - I think I've got all books for Maelstrom to date, actually, certainly the four single-tome corebooks* - but it was a nice gesture:thumbsup:!

*Those are separate corebooks, just for different time periods: apart from Maelstrom Classic, you've got Maelstrom Domesday set in 1086, Gothic and Rome. I'll let you guess which one is for what period:shade:!

I picked up everything that was on sale for the Pathfinder edition of Thunderscape last month. I’ve only skimmed the core book so far, but the moments it takes to mock the Pathfinder rules system, as well as accepting murderhobo is a legitimate play style, will probably lead me to picking up the adventure path whenever my life slows down.

E4D6FBB0-2331-4A91-9AF2-BD9DFB47ABB7.jpeg

1F88C8B0-F7B6-4384-9D2F-A1BB9F95AB83.jpeg

*Those are separate corebooks, just for different time periods: apart from Maelstrom Classic, you've got Maelstrom Domesday set in 1086, Gothic and Rome. I'll let you guess which one is for what period:shade:!
It's nice to see the WWII's Italian Campaign get a little attention once in a while. :wink:

Anyway, after a good deal of back-and-forth with Pelgrane Press about the state of their customer accounts, I recently used the hardcover discount coupon from the 13th Age Humble Bundle from awhile back:

IMG_20220102_144206.jpg

Just bought the Unknown Providence supplement for Chill (Mayfair edition). Some great horror adventures set in New England for my Cryptworld campaign.
I’m a tad jealous. For many years I thought Unknown Providence was vaporware, and when I finally did stumble over a copy the seller wanted two arms and a leg for it.

I’m a tad jealous. For many years I thought Unknown Providence was vaporware, and when I finally did stumble over a copy the seller wanted two arms and a leg for it.

It was just the PDF. But still, a fascinating book and a look into "what might have been" had Mayfair decided to continue the Chill line with similar regional-focused supplements. Instead the game got set back a decade and a half.

I'll probably run one of the adventures in my campaign later this year. The book has some great choices.

I picked up the newest printings of the Castles & Crusades core books, with the AD&D tribute covers. Not that much has changed on the interior or with the rules, but those covers sure are sweet.
Waiting on mine to deliver.
From previews, it looks like more of a change on the interior (art, layout, organization, not so much rules) than previous printings.

My Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday package, delayed until the official release of Paul Morrissey's classic Flesh for Frankenstein, arrived today.

A lot of AGFA blus of Something Weird classics and queer exploitation plus whatever one considers Norman Mailer's demented and brilliant Tough Guys Don't Dance.

20220103_140643.jpg

Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow!

I picked up the newest printings of the Castles & Crusades core books, with the AD&D tribute covers. Not that much has changed on the interior or with the rules, but those covers sure are sweet.
I don’t know. I’m not a fan of the logo that they used. I like the regular C&C logo quite a bit. The 7e cover looks more dynamic as well.

7e:
9F134356-DA75-4A2E-8D0C-D41B1D203198.jpeg
C499DBAA-B87F-49FD-85E7-CD57EC720752.jpeg

I don’t know. I’m not a fan of the logo that they used. I like the regular C&C logo quite a bit. The 7e cover looks more dynamic as well.

7e:
View attachment 40170
View attachment 40171
I was more interested in the change in cover art than the change in the logo tbh. The tributes are pretty awesome. I believe the art for the 7th printing PHB is okay, but I like the Trampier scene tribute better.

The older logo is still there, it’s just on the inside.

Waiting on mine to deliver.
From previews, it looks like more of a change on the interior (art, layout, organization, not so much rules) than previous printings.
Pretty much this.

One of the things I enjoy about C&C is that TLG doesn’t feel the need for new editions every few years to “spice things up” by making a lot of major rules changes or additions.

I like the layout much better than previous printings. My only minor complaint is the editorial errors that invariably seem to come up. That and the bookmarks being way off for a lot of their PDFs.

Pretty much this.

One of the things I enjoy about C&C is that TLG doesn’t feel the need for new editions every few years to “spice things up” by making a lot of major rules changes or additions.

I like the layout much better than previous printings. My only minor complaint is the editorial errors that invariably seem to come up. That and the bookmarks being way off for a lot of their PDFs.
Much as I like TLG, that is no surprise. Editing has forever been their biggest shortcoming.

Much as I like TLG, that is no surprise. Editing has forever been their biggest shortcoming.
This really prompted a random drive by thread jack...

My "something good you got recently" things are all Lego related. I was thinking about that and then read this response. And at one time, TLG stood for The Lego Group to me...

Same. I got my books about a week or so ago, and those covers are so nice. Stephen really needs to make those available prints lol.

While not something physical, I just got back some commissions I hired for a project, and am very pleased. Eric Lofgren did some great work here.

1641419580212.png

I've been meaning to buy into Tribe 8 for ages and today , hey, there it was, so I bought it. I suspect there will be sourcebook purchases in short order. Just the 1st Ed to see what's what.

I've been meaning to buy into Tribe 8 for ages and today , hey, there it was, so I bought it. I suspect there will be sourcebook purchases in short order. Just the 1st Ed to see what's what.
Today? Where?

Adding to my list of my "RPGs that I own but will probably never get to play" I now own everything for the Free League Alien RPG except the starter set (which I'll probably get next paycheck).

I just wish any of my normal players actually liked Alien as much as I do. Also, I really do like the design. The entire stress mechanic is well done.

If Free League keep hold of the licence I may pick it up after seeing Blade Runner. Although I am slightly more resistant to RPGs I'm not going to play.

Gringnr Gringnr Gotta give it to Kevin Crawford, he does good work.
I haven't checked out any of his other stuff, tbh. Heard great things about Stars Without Number, but the thought of D&D/D20-based sci-fi leaves me cold. I've been on kind of a medieval-themed game-buying trip, lately, though, so this caught my eye.

Don't know if its good or not, but I picked up Good Guys Finish Last, on Drivethru and used my other gift card to get Mass Effect Legendary edition (which I know is good, just sad the Playstation can't get the modded "Happy Ending."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back