Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Most recent acquisition. Everyone talks about Art and Arcana, but this is a really cool art book as well.

I had that one back in the 80s. It fell apart pretty quick back then. I wish I still had it. It and the Dragonlance art book from the same time were a good informal set.

24" x26.5" for all three.

sorry for the reflections, I should have waited until nighttime so the window glare wasn't there.

I honestly wasn't complaining. I actually thought it was a cool effect, unintentional or otherwise.

I have an hour to get right with rules for Agon for a one shot. I love deadlines.

I have an hour to get right with rules for Agon for a one shot. I love deadlines.

They’re not too tough. Of all the RPGs to try and learn in an hour you picked one where you at least have a shot!

Wasn't that KS concluded like 5 years ago?
As CRK says, Conan the Conqueror is an expansion to the original game, with solo/coop mode and lots of new stuff, including a Kull mini-expansion.

Everything in the left pile is new and the right pile was a few original add-ons that I didn't have.

As CRK says, Conan the Conqueror is an expansion to the original game, with solo/coop mode and lots of new stuff, including a Kull mini-expansion.

Everything in the left pile is new and the right pile was a few original add-ons that I didn't have.
Oh that's right. My heart wanted to go all in on that as I only have the base set I bought for about $40 and it seemed cool but the fact I've never got it to the table made the all in price seem insane. Sad heart. Happy wallet

All fair. I don't play it as often as I would like but have played it regularly since I got it.

As more and more big miniature games get bogged down in apps, campaigns, story books, and dense mechanics in recent years, I have found my appreciation of how cinematic and exciting Conan's gameplay is grows.

I really like the Batman game that Monolith did using the same base system as they used for Conan, though a lot of people liked it less than me but whatever.

My latest bargain find. $10 each for the hardcovers, $5 each for the softcover and the two screens with their inserts. $65 total.

View attachment 40892
I found a similar deal on ebay recently. I wonder if Buffy's cachet is dropping with its creators, who seems to know how to pile a garbage fire on top of a shitshow.

I found a similar deal on ebay recently. I wonder if Buffy's cachet is dropping with its creators, who seems to know how to pile a garbage fire on top of a shitshow.
It does seem like folks keep saying "Hold my beer!" When challenged with "They couldn't be that stupid could they?"

I really like the Batman game that Monolith did using the same base system as they used for Conan, though a lot of people liked it less than me but whatever.
It’s good. It has a slightly high bar of entry which was weird as it was a subsequent iteration, but ultimately it’s solid. A little less combat orientated than Conan and more objective focussed.

My latest bargain find. $10 each for the hardcovers, $5 each for the softcover and the two screens with their inserts. $65 total.
Wow, that's a great deal! I own the Army of Darkness and Angel books but none of the Buffy stuff. They're fun and versatile games. I believe Ghosts of Albion can still be picked up in print-on-demand through DriveThruRPG.

that's outstanding! I still have all of mine, but I do remember selling an extra copy of The Magic Box for over $100 back when it was in high demand.
I have two stories about playtesting that book, buy I believe the Yahoo Groups for playtesters is long gone, so I can’t dredge up the one e-mail that would be needed to prove the “You Gotta Be Shitting Me!” moment of one of my stories.

It does seem like folks keep saying "Hold my beer!" When challenged with "They couldn't be that stupid could they?"
Don't know if you saw his latest:

1642606517283.png

When despite everything, Ray Fisher is still pulling dramatic roles, and people saw that there was quite the story in ZSJL involving Cyborg.

View attachment 40924

When despite everything, Ray Fisher is still pulling dramatic roles, and people saw that there was quite the story in ZSJL involving Cyborg.
I don't keep up with any of it. I just watch the movies and either like them or not. But I have enjoyed seeing Cyborg in Doom Patrol.

Given all of Buffy, I doubt that this ever stopped Whedon before.

1642628243147.png

I still can't believe he sold these as damaged for a bit over a third the price he had the new ones listed for. Paid $50 for all three (and he included a free book), still in shrink with a few dings in the box instead of $130 for all three!

Anoint someone jointly as Pop Culture Jesus and a Feminist Icon and have fans wear shirts saying "Joss Whedon is My Master Now"...what could possibly go wrong? Oh, what happens every single time you mean?

Auteur Director's life is an absolute shitshow.
"Water's Wet, Sky is Blue, Women Have Secrets, Who Gives a Fuck?" - The Immortal Philosopher Bruce Willis

View attachment 40924

The ZSJL did SO well, that AT&T tossed WB to Discovery and have let go Snyder from all projects, to the point of having the next Flash film to erase Snyder's vision.

View attachment 40939

I still can't believe he sold these as damaged for a bit over a third the price he had the new ones listed for. Paid $50 for all three (and he included a free book), still in shrink with a few dings in the box instead of $130 for all three!
So, I failed my saving throw after the third email from eBay mentioning this damn sale and snagged the two of each box set. It didn't help that when I mentioned it to my wife she replied with," you know you'll be pissed if you miss out on this, get it!"

I know I posted my new stuff above, but having got all my Conan stuff out, I feel compelled to share another photo.

It’s a lot but this is the only big box miniature game KS I have backed. It’s sort of a release valve for every other KS of this type and it has worked for the last 5 years. So I see it as having saved money in the long run
:grin:

CF67073A-882A-4F7B-87E6-0C785F79FAB5.jpeg

I know I posted my new stuff above, but having got all my Conan stuff out, I feel compelled to share another photo.

It’s a lot but this is the only big box miniature game KS I have backed. It’s sort of a release valve for every other KS of this type and it has worked for the last 5 years. So I see it as having saved money in the long run
:grin:

View attachment 41015
Good sir, can you tell me more about this miniature game and how to get it?

How long does it take to play a game of that?
Most games are 45 to 90 minutes. It plays quick and fast, which is one reason I like it so much.

Batman Gotham City Chronicles uses the same system and has a similar play time. Conan is more focussed on combat where as Batman is focussed on objectives but they are both real good and easy to play (once you get past Batman’s rulebook - which is being revised for just this purpose in the next month or so.

The ZSJL did SO well, that AT&T tossed WB to Discovery and have let go Snyder from all projects, to the point of having the next Flash film to erase Snyder's vision.
That's ... not what it says. A lot of people want it to say that, but it doesn't. And in all honesty, I don't care, as that had very little to do with my point. I was just saying that there was more to Cyborg's story, so not really sure where that response came into it.

Good sir, can you tell me more about this miniature game and how to get it?
It’s mostly sold via KS of which the second is just fulfilling now. There were copies of the Corebox sold in retail and that was great value FWIW.

Monolith will be opening up a webstore for direct sales of some or all of it shortly. It uses the same system as Batman Gotham City Chronicles and season 3 of that will be going up along with the store on 22 March IIRC.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back