Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The kickstarter materials for Ruin of Symbaroum for 5E just came in. GM's Guide, Player's Guide, Beastiary, art/map pack, and GM scree + adventure. Looks great, as always from Free League.

I am a big fan of the setting and art, but when running Symbaroum there just wasn't a way around the players rapidly becoming demigods, and that was with using the GM's suggestions to curtail it. I'll be interested to see how it runs with D&D 5e. It has races/character classes from Symbaroum so that might take some convincing for players who have only played D&D 5E.
I am keen to hear more. I am fine with D&D 5e in general but find most adaptations of it to be lacking. Ruins of Symbaroum seems to do more than most though and looks promising.

I am a big fan of the original Symbaroum rule system though, even though I acknowledge that is more open to player abuse than 5e, so it would need to be a significant improvement for me to shift over.

My copy of OpenQuest 3rd edition and the OQ 3 companion finally arrived yesterday.

20220518_185205_2.jpg

I've always had a fondness for D100 games in the vein of Mythras Runequest, Legend and BRP. I do like this version for combining IMHO the best aspects of Legend: the simplified skill and resistance mechanics, with the generalized HP of Basic Roleplaying.

I hope I get to play it someday.

My copy of OpenQuest 3rd edition and the OQ 3 companion finally arrived yesterday.

View attachment 45773

I've always had a fondness for D100 games in the vein of Mythras Runequest, Legend and BRP. I do like this version for combining IMHO the best aspects of Legend: the simplified skill and resistance mechanics, with the generalized HP of Basic Roleplaying.

I hope I get to play it someday.
OpenQuest is a great version of BRP - I tend to think of it as 'Mythras-Lite'.
Very adaptable framework and less crunch than Mythras
QpenQuest really deserves much more exposure than it currently has.

Last edited:
My DCC dice from Impact! Miniatures' recent Kickstarter arrived! This was a resend after they got lost on the first attempt.

1652970927306.jpg

1652975307165.jpg

DCC Glow Dice Chaotic Wizard, Scorching Ray and Eldritch Blast

1653000824065.jpg

Last edited:
OpenQuest is a great version of BRP - I tend to think of it as 'Mythras-Lite'.
Very adaptable framework and less crunch than Mythras
QpenQuest really deserves much more exposure than it currently has.

A nice scifi version of OQ is River of Heaven. The two page character sheet is excellent and I've modified it for a number of other settings/adventures. There is also a companion book, To The Stars! which includes more setting detail, rules, and adventures.

QADVWln.jpg

A nice scifi version of OQ is River of Heaven. The two page character sheet is excellent and I've modified it for a number of other settings/adventures. There is also a companion book, To The Stars! which includes more setting detail, rules, and adventures.

I have this for sale/trade. I like OQ, but River of Heaven is not something I'll ever get to run.

QADVWln.jpg
I backed River of Heaven, and totally agree that it's a great game! :shade:
(and yes, it has a really nice simple character sheet which I love)

This stuff arrived. The box set was still shrink. GM pack came with the map, character sheet pad, and bullet stickers.

Attachments

• 64838AED-BD2F-478F-9507-BDBB2BD5DE77.jpeg
    64838AED-BD2F-478F-9507-BDBB2BD5DE77.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Well, for reasons I can't fully explain, I've been interested in Fuzion and Action! System again lately. Probably because I've been looking at my copies of the Bubblegum Crisis books. Anyway, I decided to buy physical copies of the generic core books for both those systems. Both are much better than they're given credit for!

I finally accepted that my old copy of GURPS spaceships was lost for good somewhere during my various moves so I bought it again on Amazon. It arived yesterday and I'm having fun flipping through it. Of course, knowing my luck, my old copy will turn up again tomorrow now that I have a new one, hehe.

Of course, now that I've shown it off, I'm going to be demanding a refund as soon as DTRPG comes back online.

Nothing wrong with the contents of the book, but it's badly misprinted.
Fun fact: I think there are some collectors that collect books with misprints:shade:.
Admittedly, that only goes if it's otherwise collectable, but all I'm saying is, don't throw your copy away (I doubt DTRPG would ask for it:thumbsup:). Who knows, it might get a cult status unexpectedly!

When I’ve had misprints, DTRPG never asked for the original, but I think I had to provide pictures if memory serves. The misprints I’ve had are: duplicate page ranges and upside down to cover.

I can at least accept how a book gets bound upside down. No clue how repeat section happens, repeat pages x to x+20, and miss pages X+21 to X+40.

When I’ve had misprints, DTRPG never asked for the original, but I think I had to provide pictures if memory serves. The misprints I’ve had are: duplicate page ranges and upside down to cover.

I can at least accept how a book gets bound upside down. No clue how repeat section happens, repeat pages x to x+20, and miss pages X+21 to X+40.
Nobby-W Nobby-W we summon your printing experience and sacrifice a functioning memory expansion board from a 386.

Yes, DriveThru has always been good about dealing with misprints in my experience. The defective copies go on my "giveaway" pile.

Nobby-W Nobby-W we summon your printing experience and sacrifice a functioning memory expansion board from a 386.

Is that the best you could do? Alright then.

Something screwing up in the collation - the wrong impression got bound in the wrong place. Essentially, the wrong block of 20 pages got printed, or it got mixed up somewhere in the finishing. As to how it happened, could be a variety of reasons.

I have a LBB2 with a similar printing error somewhere.

Is that the best you could do? Alright then.

Something screwing up in the collation - the wrong impression got bound in the wrong place. Essentially, the wrong block of 20 pages got printed, or it got mixed up somewhere in the finishing. As to how it happened, could be a variety of reasons.

I have a LBB2 with a similar printing error somewhere.
Well I try to match the sacrifice to the request. As I expect you matched the response to the sacrifice. Happiness abounds!

My personal best is a doorstop big hardcover book with an entirely different large book, from an entirely different publisher, included between the front cover and the beginning of the book I ordered. End result was thicker than, say, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook.

My personal best is a doorstop big hardcover book with an entirely different large book, from an entirely different publisher, included between the front cover and the beginning of the book I ordered. End result was thicker than, say, Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook.
Two for the price of one:grin:?

Also, yay, today is the day when I knew the answer that Nobby-W Nobby-W was summoned to provide:thumbsup:!

My latest POD order from Drivethru arrived. Thrilled to finally have a hardcover of Beyond the Wall, my wife's experience playing D&D with a weak GM has turned her off the system but I'm hoping we can play this to give her a better idea of the ruleset at its best.

The softcover FF I couldn't resist as an extra for table use, it was cheap ($12 CAD) and it looks good.

Castle Forlorn is one of the best Ravenloft supplements, use to have it long ago.

Could have saved myself a lot of trouble and money if I hadn't given away most of my rpg collection to a local charity shop in the mid-90s.

20220526_142022.jpg

Last edited:
Meanshile there's some unfortunate who ordered an ACKS book and is now scratching their head because they received an empty cover with no pages inside.

Now that you mention it, yes...:thumbsup:
So last time I checked, the blocks of pages were 16 pages, necessarily so (and layout was even working to make the book fit into 16X or 16Y+8 pages, AFAIK). Why did they (apparently) switch to 20-pages blocks:coffee:?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back