Tell us about something good that you got recently

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just arrived today.

JYQgRKW.jpg

Alas, the store no longer has it in stock. I found out there's a new print run of 500 expected in January. For now I asked the store owner to replace Vaults of Vaarn in my order with a copy of Frontier Scum and refund me the price difference, as that has apparently just gotten back in stock. :wink:

I'm definitely going to try and keep an eye on when the new printing of Vaarn becomes available. It did say the plan is to keep it in print.

Good pick as well, Frontier Scum is pretty cool if you want to run a short session full of treachery, shotguns and blood.

Finally got a vague shipping notice from Funagain Logistics, so I will assume that is my Blade Runner Kickstarter stuff. I say that because my Free Leagues Webstore order from almost eight weeks ago just showed up today that Funagain Logistics were the shipper for the CY Borg books I couldn't resist.

CyBorg stuff 01.jpg

Also today from Exalted Funeral some other Mork Borg stuff I wanted to snag came in today as well. Though that one was expected as Exalted Funeral sent me shipping tracking and only took two weeks in total.

MorkBorg Books 01.jpg

Oh and one more thing, a close up of the t-shirt I couldn't resist because you know, gnomes. Love the undead gnome for Necrotic Gnome games.

Necrotic Gnome 01.jpg

I would be interested in hearing what you think about that Mork Borg bestiary. I couldn't find enough interior screenshots of it to make me decide to buy it. I don't buy many rpg books totally sight unseen these days.

I would be interested in hearing what you think about that Mork Borg bestiary. I couldn't find enough interior screenshots of it to make me decide to buy it. I don't buy many rpg books totally sight unseen these days.
Is it necessary? Nah, but it's useful with enough in it. None of these books are costly which is nice. I'm mostly collecting Mork Borg stuff because the art amuses me, the layout amuses me. The mechanics are light and I could run it given 15 minutes to read over and adventure or just on the fly if a game fell through.

So, I'm not sure if I could give advice on whether to buy it or not. I tend to buy a lot of books just to have them because I love reading through them to see what folks come up with.

They are pretty books but once I actually ran the game, I found the system too abstract for my tastes. I know that the mechanics truly resonate with some crowds, but not for me.

Is it necessary? Nah, but it's useful with enough in it. None of these books are costly which is nice. I'm mostly collecting Mork Borg stuff because the art amuses me, the layout amuses me. The mechanics are light and I could run it given 15 minutes to read over and adventure or just on the fly if a game fell through.

So, I'm not sure if I could give advice on whether to buy it or not. I tend to buy a lot of books just to have them because I love reading through them to see what folks come up with.

I do the same thing. I'm mainly interested in whether the art and text make for entertaining reading, to be honest. A lot of the Mork Borg stuff does, but I usually like to get some idea of what the interior of books look like these days before buying them (a few pages, at least). I was only able to find one smallish image for that particular one, so I opted to buy something else instead.

I'm glad that Exalted Funeral is finally starting to show the interiors of some of the products, but it would be nice if it was more consistent, and if they gave more information in general. I have bought some interesting things from them, but there have been a few things that turned out to be a lot more minimalistic than I expected, particularly for the price.

I'm amazed that my Blade Runner Rpg kickstarter stuff came in with no damage or missing items. WTF Funagain Logistics, trying to lull me into a sense of ease with you all? Limited Edition Core book, standard Core book, Starter box set, GM Screen and three extra set of dice. I feel really bad for Baulderstone Baulderstone , sounds like his order went totally astray and he's dealing with Funagain Logistics logistics hell. :sad:

Blade Runner Rpg Kickstarter.jpg

Also my second patrons book for DCC came in from DriveThruRpg. Goodman Games isn't stocking the pdf/printed version so I had to go through DriveThruRpg. A useful book for the Sunday DCC game I'm in. :smile:
DCC RPG AD & BB Volume II Elfland Edition.jpg

I feel really bad for Baulderstone Baulderstone , sounds like his order went totally astray and he's dealing with Funagain Logistics logistics hell. :sad:
I appreciate the sympathy. On the plus side, I don't have any immediate plans to run it, and I didn't get a special edition or anything, so I should eventually get my hands on it.

Also, I did get a book today for a game I am getting ready to run again once the Songling game is over, so it isn't all bad news.
xN9NvmlGBVzjq6ePlQTJ55LLt5m5OXzfgLYyNR9sCKcbKuhM6_EzUhoxlmsVGznnFUeaGFShIrp41TAYBOreEgJQy_ahR8hGEheIh8q-sY92e4ZgNoBREWul9vqMVMxNnCdAKFh6VzkSkLncY5uc6GuBWrA3FfugYu9traVkMXIQj8B64RZ1xr7yNxJRS_Lnev2GbbHujmWr9hzVfq0VwoQo1aba6jNiYgb_YP3ciYJUflEAFpWaneBHSqKl3PL_expWlFzILU0ElXVC-17p0aWFT7Mz809JqHmP-G0FNl5uCeIEAfhWDzw4uXX6WvjRwdvkxax5dIEAfJyXvbMOnfJQqzBKPuFSe038NBqSky9wkM49qQgFdvIkzivpbsC5Zfr1QOVHXZZe9pW7ghJS8YflytPyq7Sm8qi-RiA74aQmRXv5Al1mfNYtuUU-Ty8jJm3JyBWMpfexF31VupfFxnzIkoX9_tJ6Clt6pNUjlAgVwCfxxV-SYlg70QD81FPvBl5DOJRM9VKdXKfCDM0Yscp44i6Mgxl47KIEkkcii7Nfx0zDiIoDe8RCC05f6Yc5JBXR-iEpepYWtro2y40J22Ufdn3BmiqR9IqN7Yo30g6lC8tY6sfMhX84QcDqmhIhmYvCYWK_BJ-T1syqoJvJZn-_TNQup-9PbrOakrTf6jVvGFiIPXK5HxdRYe5_7iBJ4XPlgCDpQM5DfLBxUZa8SuVPNuWrXzMx3xv38agX93zC5v56TPYQaRliaqHvhBy2KSI4-OqD6LRq1v8oa09EaB3tGgW4X1_GtniVHpZXs4f9QSe03mAFq_Tv3J1c61EO8AuuOyOVET9NROM9vSBiNfR834lb5IyOZbLDd3YHj1HuSPnNtu9d73ntqmvr-nIBu1yHINp1UqmAoAhCfR9W1Dw5qGJ3oJ01q17_9kpzu7ddPrMvnwpq21SrPiJSuAnhdNUnHpchljshnMRPnUFoHDWPqIv2pA6RT9-SFJBv5Jp9rQGC3JpfOYw=w668-h890-no

Lots of different stuff landed today...

First, a couple of Death in Space scenarios:

1670074941523.png

This is always getting recommended so thought I'd take a look:

1670074991783.png

Another super-hero game:

1670075055823.png

And some more weirdness for Troika!

1670075094763.png

And finally some OSR OSE goodness to wash it all down with:

1670075143298.png

ordered a signed copy of the Updated Edition of House of Psychotic Women To go with the boxed set.

I have the original book and it is really good, I wonder what films she's added.

Ok, it feels like Kickstarter Christmas for me with how many packages are coming in. I've been a fan of TFT since Steve Jackson got the rights back. Having fond memories back in the 1979-83 time period of playing Melee and Wizard also the other pocket games he did like Ogre and Car Wars which were great to pull out and play between our other games or while waiting for others to show up at the game shop.

Anyhow here's the new Hexagram 10# zine that came with an quick quest, and the magic school book plus I ordered three of the boxes to hold the quick quests and other items. My only bitch is that SJG likes to jerk you around for pdfs, they've become so damn anti pdf that once again I don't have the pdf's yet and I have the physical books. I went through this with the last TFT Kickstarter too. It's gotten beyond old. Also they really don't respond to people asking about them either. Real bad customer service asshattery if you ask me.

Hexagram 10 Kickstarter stuff.jpg

I appreciate the sympathy. On the plus side, I don't have any immediate plans to run it, and I didn't get a special edition or anything, so I should eventually get my hands on it.

Also, I did get a book today for a game I am getting ready to run again once the Songling game is over, so it isn't all bad news.
xN9NvmlGBVzjq6ePlQTJ55LLt5m5OXzfgLYyNR9sCKcbKuhM6_EzUhoxlmsVGznnFUeaGFShIrp41TAYBOreEgJQy_ahR8hGEheIh8q-sY92e4ZgNoBREWul9vqMVMxNnCdAKFh6VzkSkLncY5uc6GuBWrA3FfugYu9traVkMXIQj8B64RZ1xr7yNxJRS_Lnev2GbbHujmWr9hzVfq0VwoQo1aba6jNiYgb_YP3ciYJUflEAFpWaneBHSqKl3PL_expWlFzILU0ElXVC-17p0aWFT7Mz809JqHmP-G0FNl5uCeIEAfhWDzw4uXX6WvjRwdvkxax5dIEAfJyXvbMOnfJQqzBKPuFSe038NBqSky9wkM49qQgFdvIkzivpbsC5Zfr1QOVHXZZe9pW7ghJS8YflytPyq7Sm8qi-RiA74aQmRXv5Al1mfNYtuUU-Ty8jJm3JyBWMpfexF31VupfFxnzIkoX9_tJ6Clt6pNUjlAgVwCfxxV-SYlg70QD81FPvBl5DOJRM9VKdXKfCDM0Yscp44i6Mgxl47KIEkkcii7Nfx0zDiIoDe8RCC05f6Yc5JBXR-iEpepYWtro2y40J22Ufdn3BmiqR9IqN7Yo30g6lC8tY6sfMhX84QcDqmhIhmYvCYWK_BJ-T1syqoJvJZn-_TNQup-9PbrOakrTf6jVvGFiIPXK5HxdRYe5_7iBJ4XPlgCDpQM5DfLBxUZa8SuVPNuWrXzMx3xv38agX93zC5v56TPYQaRliaqHvhBy2KSI4-OqD6LRq1v8oa09EaB3tGgW4X1_GtniVHpZXs4f9QSe03mAFq_Tv3J1c61EO8AuuOyOVET9NROM9vSBiNfR834lb5IyOZbLDd3YHj1HuSPnNtu9d73ntqmvr-nIBu1yHINp1UqmAoAhCfR9W1Dw5qGJ3oJ01q17_9kpzu7ddPrMvnwpq21SrPiJSuAnhdNUnHpchljshnMRPnUFoHDWPqIv2pA6RT9-SFJBv5Jp9rQGC3JpfOYw=w668-h890-no
Awesome, :thumbsup: hope mine comes soon.

The curse of the shiny cover strikes! Been looking forward to this for a while. Hopefully it'll scratch that Numenera itch:

1670246716014.png

And I got this... Not an RPG but I love my Speccy computer stuff!

1670246758055.png

:smile:

Last edited:
Capers Covert
I quickly leafed through the Quickstart document for Capers and got the impression its playing card resolution system is rather fiddly. Have you played the game?

Got my copy of FIST on Tuesday. Just started reading it. Kind of short book, but given the size, might have been thicker with a different book size.

I ordered a few PoD books on Drivethru last night. I had an at cost coupon for Terra Arisen for Cepheus Engine, so I finally grabbed that. Also got D13 (a horror rpg), which was deal of the day yesterday. Then I grabbed Broken Shield System Guide 2.0, as I had a discounted print coupon they sent me. Lastly, ordered the TinyD6 game Mecha and Monsters evolved, because Shin Ultraman is coming to theaters here in a limited run in January.

I ordered a few PoD books on Drivethru last night. I had an at cost coupon for Terra Arisen for Cepheus Engine, so I finally grabbed that. Also got D13 (a horror rpg), which was deal of the day yesterday. Then I grabbed Broken Shield System Guide 2.0, as I had a discounted print coupon they sent me. Lastly, ordered the TinyD6 game Mecha and Monsters evolved, because Shin Ultraman is coming to theaters here in a limited run in January.
I have a few PoDs I need to get, but I'm trying to hold off.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back