Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
One of my cousins is a Jennifer. She's two months older than I am. Most popular girl name in 1973.

My daughter is Katherine, but we call her Katie. She was not born in 1973! We love the name.

Hey, Katie is a great name! My rock band in high school was named Secret for Katie. Not after any particular Katie, there were just Katies everywhere. I do prefer the spelling "Katie" over the many variants I've seen, although my bartender (well, once and future bartender, fuckin' COVID) is named Katy. Short for Kathryn in her case.

iirc, Jennifer was also the most popular girl name in my birth year of 1977, and my real name was the 4th-most popular boy name.

Every third girl being named Jennifer or Katie. In my high school cooking class, we were in groups of five, and my group was me, a dude named Bryan, and three girls all named Jennifer. It would've been fine if one went by Jen, one went by Jenny, and one went by Jennifer, but all three of them went by Jen.

I remember a lot of Allisons at my elementary school.

Early to mid-eighties, when my family would go to the video store, we wouldn't just rent movies, we'd rent the VCR as well.
Ha, yeah, I did that here and there, though my dad picked up a VCR fairly early on. I think I actually rented a VCR around the year 2000 to make some copies of VHS tapes, and it was really hard to do that by then ...

Oddly, I can recall exactly how many game systems I've owned, but I can't recall how many VCRs I went through.

I can recall 2 VCRs. The first was a silver top loader one with corded remote. It tended to record very badly. I think for quite a while we had a complete recording of Live AID which was largely green.

Second one was a black front loader with wireless remote.

My family had a Betmax from about 1982 to 1988 when they FINALLY relented and got a VHS. We had the same TV the entire time, that I have to assume was from the early 70s.

Everything else I've bought on my own, including my first DVD player in 1999.

Remember CEDs? In the early 80s, those seemed so cool. Everyone called them laserdiscs, even though laserdiscs were a different thing and CEDs didn't use lasers at all. They were basically movies on a record played with a fancy record player.

Every once in a while I'm tempted to pick up the Star Trek movies in that format, just because I like the caddies the discs came in.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back