Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I haven't tried that one, but I did drink a bit too much Klar-Eis once. I think today's equivalent is Jagermeister, although that tastes a bit too much like cough medicine.

In related news, try a Stinger sometime - equal parts Brandy and Creme de Menthe over crushed ice. One can easily drink too much of that as well.
In unrelated news, it's nice to see that impractical armour isn't just confined to the gaming industry. At least this one didn't overdo the cleavage.

Oh hey! Turns out the game series got rebooted by a different developer in 2013. Good, MoO III was as much fun as a spreadsheet. I might have to check this out.
The game is buggy. You cant do large empires without it slowing down to unplayable levels. The developer chose to csll it good and abandon it dedpite people calling out the bugs.

As for TV shows, I have a fair bit of nostalgia for shows from the '80s and very late '70s, but very little for shows from the '90s. Besides being busy with other activities I was just not that interested in TV as a teenager. I did like the X-Files, and I was one of the people who preferred the conspiracy episodes to the monster-of-the-week episodes. It amuses me that my current BFF routinely refers to the conspiracy episodes as "the ones that no one liked." I did get a bit disappointed and annoyed when it got to the point where the conspiracy was so convoluted that it didn't make any sense, but that's a problem with many long-running conspiracy stories, not just X-Files.

Never saw Saved by the Bell, and from little I saw of Friends, I didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

lol, remember when they tried to reboot Saved by the Bell with just Belding and Screech?

I watched up until Zack and Kelly got married and I was good. One show that finally had a good ending.

I caught that long after I'd stopped watching with the College Years

It definitely gave a nice sense of resoution

I’m shocked how many people here didn’t watch Saved by the Bell. Shocked!!!
I didn't watch it either. It was on during my undergrad college years and I spent most of my Saturday mornings in the campus library.

lol, I remember it being on for like 2 hours of every day

Your+ideas+are+intriguing+to+me+and+i+wish+to+_4b9bc229b99e23c34c503d2cd2d0b84c.jpg

McDonald's cherry pies in the 80s were to die for. Probably artery clogging, but who cared about that back then?

I don't remember them, but the mcNuggets were certainly better...I still recall my heartbreak when they switched to all white meat...

I don't remember them, but the mcNuggets were certainly better...I still recall my heartbreak when they switched to all white meat...
I can still get McDs Cherry pies here in Edmonton.
I was pissed when they got rid of the chocolate ice cream and went straight vanilla... bastards.

That reminds me, how long has it been since we last saw the McRib?

They changed the pies at some point in the early 90s I think. They used to be fried then they turned into being baked.

Anyone remember the great Canadian sf-interview TV show Prisoners of Gravity? Showed on the Knowledge Network on the Westcoast.

Not sure if these were as common outside the West Coast but on the West Coast in Canada in the 80s every neighbourhood had a corner store run by Chinese-Canadians. It was so common they were usually just called 'the Chinese corner store.'
In my neighborhood the corner stores were owned by Vietnamese and Koreans. At the one by my house there was a prominent picture of the owner, an ARVN officer, posing with a tiger he just bagged. They would sell you beer and cigarettes even if you were a kid. The neighborhood was kinda bad. My dad came to visit and someone stole his car while we popped into the store.

Anyone remember the great Canadian sf-interview TV show Prisoner's of Gravity? Show on the Knowledge Network on the Westcoast.

The only Canadian media I recall as a kid are Kids in the Hall and SCTV

TVOntario had some wonderfully messed up childrens programming in the 80s

My favourite Canadian TV show from that decade though was Friday The 13Th: The Series

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back