Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Kilted Rob

Where's your troosers?
Reaction score
Behavior wise, yes they do. Work wise, not so much..to Many if it can't be directly related to a job and making money, they resist or often choose not to do the work, even after I show them how the underlying skills of what we do can be applied outside of the classroom.

My very first classroom was in a portable from 1970 with carpet so full of dust every step set off a cloud. A white board and a black board and an AC unit that would always break down on the hottest days of the year. I taught theatre in that portable...

Stumpydave

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Behavior wise, yes they do. Work wise, not so much..to Many if it can't be directly related to a job and making money, they resist or often choose not to do the work, even after I show them how the underlying skills of what we do can be applied outside of the classroom.
"Why are we learning this?", "What's the relevance of this?", "This is booring!" :weep::argh:

I teach Health and Social Care to 16 years plus. (Oldest student is in his 30s), they still resist if they can't see a direct application (despite me showing them how it relates to care, marries up to the unit specification or otherwise has relevance.)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
Hah. My wife doesn't follow recipes so much as she flits back and forth over them, occasionally lighting down to explain to me that yes, she knows what she's doing and I should go sit my Chef ass down while she works.

Ralph Dula

Fighter of Fungi, Mortal Foe of 5E, Possibly a Cat
Reaction score
I think I’m both the only person to have watched this show, and the only person to be introduced to Jim Varney by it, rather than his Ernest persona.

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the works from 1930s with branching narratives were?

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the works from 1930s with branching narratives were?

I wondered that as well. According to the wikipedia entry on gamebooks:

"There are several examples of early works of art with branching narratives. The romantic novel Consider the Consequences! by Doris Webster and Mary Alden Hopkins was published in the United States in 1930, and boasts "a dozen or more" different endings depending on the "taste of the individual reader".

Séadna

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, I think I'll take a deeper look into that and see what I learn. There's a used copy at a bookstore near me and I'll try to find other books like it. It seems Webster and Hopkins were into "Self-Analysis" especially analysing one's own choices.

Gabriel

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I remember McRibs used to be absolutely smothered in BBQ sauce. When I worked in McD's in the 90s, whenever we did McRibs the preparation involved keeping a whole pot of BBQ sauce and completely submerging the patties in that, coating them completely before slapping them on the bun.

But the last few times that the McRib has returned and I've ordered one, they've barely had any sauce on them at all. As in, maybe someone squeezed out one of those BBQ packets they hand out with Nuggets, and tried to make that last for about a dozen McRibs.

It basically makes it to where it's not worth ordering them anymore.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
iu

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score

And VHS to DVD to Blu-Ray, and god help you if you jump on the wrong trend and end up with Betamaxes, Laserdiscs, and HD DVDs...

Plus they spent the whole decade in the 80's telling us to switch from paper bags at the grocery to plastic to Save The Planet! and now they're trying to get everyone to switch back for the same damn reason!

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
And VHS to DVD to Blu-Ray, and god help you if you jump on the wrong trend and end up with Betamaxes, Laserdiscs, and HD DVDs...

Plus they spent the whole decade in the 80's telling us to switch from paper bags at the grocery to plastic to Save The Planet! and now they're trying to get everyone to switch back for the same damn reason!
Or they fine us $0.08 a bag like that's going to actually make a difference when groceries are $250!?!

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Or they fine us $0.08 a bag like that's going to actually make a difference when groceries are $250!?!

funny that every environmental solution folks come up with involves giving them more money....*grumble*

Brock Savage

Cosmic Barbarian
Reaction score

We were lied to about recycling in the 80's and 90's.

There's nuance to the paper versus plastic bag argument but the general consensus is that reusable bags are superior from an ecological perspective if you use them consistently. We keep reusable canvas bags in the trunk along with a couple sturdy cardboard boxes for heavy or bulky loads.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
I thought Gen Z liked Gen X.

Maybe they don’t like anyone.
They might but could they tell us apart from a millennial or boomer on sight? I'm not sure is be too accurate labeling a millennial or a genZ.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com