Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ralph Dula

Fighter of Fungi, Mortal Foe of 5E, Possibly a Cat
Reaction score
Nothing breaks the mood of a bad day like randomly finding Megaforce on your company server without explanation.

387C4950-BAD9-4CA6-833E-7B1D1E783B69.jpeg

Now I have to dig out my Hot Wheels collection after work.

ETA: I just recalled in 2005 or so someone on RPG.net found one of the vehicles in a parking lot in California and took a picture with it. If memory serves, someone else said a guy owned two of them, and had one parked in each of the businesses he owns.

Nobby-W

Expert in the Dunning-Kruger effect
Reaction score
Colour vector graphics on an ordinary TV screen. Atari did that with a few games.

Until I understood how CRT shadow masks worked I used to think it was an impressive act of precision sharp shooting on the part of whatever hardware they used to control the deflectors.

Last edited:

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score

In the mid-90s, my town (Kent, WA, USA) got one o' them new-fangled multiplex thingies with 17 screens. I called to get the movie times, and there were so many that by the time I heard the relevant one, we would have been late for the movie. I swear it took something like 20 minutes to get through them all. iirc, you also had to listen to a Pepsi add prior to actually hearing the times.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
In the mid-90s, my town (Kent, WA, USA) got one o' them new-fangled multiplex thingies with 17 screens. I called to get the movie times, and there were so many that by the time I heard the relevant one, we would have been late for the movie. I swear it took something like 20 minutes to get through them all. iirc, you also had to listen to a Pepsi add prior to actually hearing the times.
Yeah I remember when that went in. I lived in federal way and it was faster to drive, pick up friends and get there than to listen through all that crap.

Haiku Elvis

Reaction score
Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time was released today in 1984...

...38 years ago.

In 1984 that would be like talking about a song released in 1946
I am suddenly feeling both
A: old.
B: that outside of computer graphics and ways to view boobs, cultural/artistic progress has slowed down considerably over the last few decades.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com