Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ah Go-Bots. Good times. I had many. Go Bots that is.

I miss my space shuttle Go-Bot. I can't believe that I had traded it for a cheap plastic transformer (that broke, like, the day after). My Go-Bot had solid metal parts and the plastic was THICC.

unnamed.jpg

We had a helicopter and a jetfighter Go-Bot...

big_SpyEye.jpg
Spy-Eye

I had the Command Centre, it was great. I've no idea what happened to it, probably given away by my parents some time after I stopped playing with it

1200px-Command_Center_toy.jpg

I had the Command Centre, it was great. I've no idea what happened to it, probably given away by my parents some time after I stopped playing with it
Well, that's a little better than your mother giving away your stuff while you're still playing with it, dismissing or ignoring any objections, like happened with us a couple of times... Still pisses me off when I think about it.

Well, that's a little better than your mother giving away your stuff while you're still playing with it, dismissing or ignoring any objections, like happened with us a couple of times... Still pisses me off when I think about it.
Speaking as a current parent of small children. Your definition of playing with may look a lot like left sitting on a shelf immobile for six months to a parent...

I had that watch too. It reminds me of Soundwave from Transformers.

Speaking as a current parent of small children. Your definition of playing with may look a lot like left sitting on a shelf immobile for six months to a parent...
Nope. It was right there on the floor with the other toys, extremely obiously being played with. It was just one of my mother's moods where she'd suddenly decide to get rid of seemingly random stuff. She would ask, but not listen to our answer, just proceed as planned.

My father would never have done such a thing. Even now, he always asks if we're OK with him giving our old toys away.

Some parents have trouble acknowledging their children's boundaries if they are incompatible with their own idea of the "perfect little family".

addendum: My father's current partner also has some boundary issues, but not as bad as my mother, and we're much better at guarding our boundaries now that we've grown up. It's still baffling at times, though.

Last edited:
I had this dude. Is he a Go-bot or something else?
I had one too. I dont think it was technically a Transformer or GoBot, as far as I remember, just a jump on that bandwagon
I seem to recall that those watches were Transformers branded. Maybe it was just the one I had, but I remember that being a thing.

I seem to recall that those watches were Transformers branded. Maybe it was just the one I had, but I remember that being a thing.
Doesn't look like it's branded In the pictures. Seems like something they would cast in plastic

May have already mentioned that my family couldn't afford Transformers so I got GoBots instead and I ended up digging them more anyway.

I saw a lovely page from the My Little Pony Transformers crossover by IDW. Sound Wave is unleashing Ravage and Lazer Beak and an onlooking pony sqeees "You have pets!!!"

There used to be a Blockbuster in Ascot (of racecourse fame) up to the early 2010s. Around that time I was living quite close to Ascot and would go through their castoffs on a semi-regular basis. They were obviously on the way out and retiring DVDs by the truckload so I got quite a lot of good stuff that way.

Ascot is tiny - the racecourse is bigger than the village and Royal Ascot week is a 3-ring circus. You've never seen so many drunk people in silly hats in your entire life.

I used to buy pre-viewed DVDs from them all the time.

Sometimes I do and then I get to see the dark side flow through the missus aimed at me. :hehe:
You should, umm...respectfully and carefully suggest that if she doesn’t want to be driving her offspring to their post-college job interview and holding their hand during the interview, she should shut her damn piehole. :devil:

A month on the couch ain’t that bad and your hand will remember you.:thumbsup:

I remember reading that, and its sequel Operation Nuke. They really came across as cold-war era thriller novels, although the references to the tech like hiding air bottles in the bionic legs so he could swim underwater were quite interesting. The tone was a bit different to The Six Million Dollar Man, though, which probably shouldn't come as a surprise.

The Six Million Dollar Man did have one of the all-time great opening title sequences, though.

Well to be fair wasn't Gygax actually a former life insurance salesman who had recently lost his job and so he was was cobbling shoes just to make ends meet?

P.S. The wikipedia article on Gygax is riddled with nonsense with no solid sources to back it up. Ah, the internets.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back