Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hah. My wife doesn't follow recipes so much as she flits back and forth over them, occasionally lighting down to explain to me that yes, she knows what she's doing and I should go sit my Chef ass down while she works.

I think I’m both the only person to have watched this show, and the only person to be introduced to Jim Varney by it, rather than his Ernest persona.

Does anybody know what the works from 1930s with branching narratives were?

Does anybody know what the works from 1930s with branching narratives were?

I wondered that as well. According to the wikipedia entry on gamebooks:

"There are several examples of early works of art with branching narratives. The romantic novel Consider the Consequences! by Doris Webster and Mary Alden Hopkins was published in the United States in 1930, and boasts "a dozen or more" different endings depending on the "taste of the individual reader".

Very interesting, I think I'll take a deeper look into that and see what I learn. There's a used copy at a bookstore near me and I'll try to find other books like it. It seems Webster and Hopkins were into "Self-Analysis" especially analysing one's own choices.

I remember McRibs used to be absolutely smothered in BBQ sauce. When I worked in McD's in the 90s, whenever we did McRibs the preparation involved keeping a whole pot of BBQ sauce and completely submerging the patties in that, coating them completely before slapping them on the bun.

But the last few times that the McRib has returned and I've ordered one, they've barely had any sauce on them at all. As in, maybe someone squeezed out one of those BBQ packets they hand out with Nuggets, and tried to make that last for about a dozen McRibs.

It basically makes it to where it's not worth ordering them anymore.

iu

And VHS to DVD to Blu-Ray, and god help you if you jump on the wrong trend and end up with Betamaxes, Laserdiscs, and HD DVDs...

Plus they spent the whole decade in the 80's telling us to switch from paper bags at the grocery to plastic to Save The Planet! and now they're trying to get everyone to switch back for the same damn reason!

And VHS to DVD to Blu-Ray, and god help you if you jump on the wrong trend and end up with Betamaxes, Laserdiscs, and HD DVDs...

Plus they spent the whole decade in the 80's telling us to switch from paper bags at the grocery to plastic to Save The Planet! and now they're trying to get everyone to switch back for the same damn reason!
Or they fine us $0.08 a bag like that's going to actually make a difference when groceries are $250!?!

Or they fine us $0.08 a bag like that's going to actually make a difference when groceries are $250!?!

funny that every environmental solution folks come up with involves giving them more money....*grumble*

We were lied to about recycling in the 80's and 90's.

There's nuance to the paper versus plastic bag argument but the general consensus is that reusable bags are superior from an ecological perspective if you use them consistently. We keep reusable canvas bags in the trunk along with a couple sturdy cardboard boxes for heavy or bulky loads.

I thought Gen Z liked Gen X.

Maybe they don’t like anyone.
They might but could they tell us apart from a millennial or boomer on sight? I'm not sure is be too accurate labeling a millennial or a genZ.

They might but could they tell us apart from a millennial or boomer on sight? I'm not sure is be too accurate labeling a millennial or a genZ.
I would hope so. I don’t think I look 70.

I would hope so. I don’t think I look 70.
I mean it requires knowing the dates the generations span, being good at guessing what 50 vs 60 vs 70 looks like etc and you have to actually care if you're right. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head where millennial begins and ends or gen z and late teens to early 20s folks all fall into the look too young to take too seriously group to me these days.

My sister is a millennial. She’s about 35. That would mean her kids are Gen Alpha. The gap in between is Gen Z.

Millennial versus boomer etc is less about shoehorning people into age ranges and more about the distinct cultural differences that go beyond mere age gap.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back