Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Stan Stan Gotta say I'm not a fan of that remake. Took all the flavor out of the original.

Stan Stan Gotta say I'm not a fan of that remake. Took all the flavor out of the original.
I'm not really either. But the hair and everything is interesting. And much of it is culturally inappropriate by today's standards. But that and a few bits in 2-3 movies is about all there is of her outside of the 13th series. I think a relatively unknown actress was able to get the part partly because the show was probably filler for teens in the network's perspective. But the show turned out way better than it had a right to, even with a name that implied movies that it had no connection to.

Last edited:
But the show turned out way better than it had a right to, even with a name that implied movies that it had no connection to.

The show's producer was the same guy who produced the film series and changed the title from The 13th Hour. According to him, the final episode was meant to have Jason's mask as the item needing recovering.

Too bad that's almost the only show she appeared in. It seems like she tried to go back to her music career and had only modest success.

Here she is with her biggest chart success was a cover of one night in Bangkok.

OMG, that is so hilariously bad. From the ridiculous visuals, the laughable production values, to her delivery of the lyrics showing that she clearly doesn't understand what she's singing about.

It reminds of that time Ozzy Osbourne's daughter did a cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach"

OMG, that is so hilariously bad. From the ridiculous visuals, the laughable production values, to her delivery of the lyrics showing that she clearly doesn't understand what she's singing about.

I think the video would have worked better if you had two different Robey characters in the video: Prim, repressed Robey as the visitor who's trying to stay pure and detached, and seductive Robey as the native trying to tempt with all the local wonders and vices.

But yeah, this cover certainly isn't going to replace the Murray Head version.

Well a 'boomer' used to be another slang name for a kangaroo here in Australia, so I don't give a rat's ass if I get called one or not, heh heh
I'm just gonna start telling the little tykes not to be so 'Swo', and leave it up to them to madly search online for what the crap I am on about :hehe:

Last edited:
A year that I remember very well.
It's kind of a blur for me.

cats-fluffy.gif
79756e0aa3567fbb1df092bf150ed1d8_w200.gif

Those kids should be grateful for what they have, my Dad cut our hair.

Anyhow, as a kid, one of my pet peeves were those "how to make things" library books that just assumed you had all these things that nobody had anymore. The "bushel basket lid" above being one of them, hat boxes and orange crates were also common. There was this one book that showed how to make a steam engine out of a sardine tin. My Dad, ever helpful, offered to get me one if I'd eat the sardines. My greatest regret is still the book on soapbox racers. I've still never built one.

Those kids should be grateful for what they have, my Dad cut our hair.

Anyhow, as a kid, one of my pet peeves were those "how to make things" library books that just assumed you had all these things that nobody had anymore. The "bushel basket lid" above being one of them, hat boxes and orange crates were also common. There was this one book that showed how to make a steam engine out of a sardine tin. My Dad, ever helpful, offered to get me one if I'd eat the sardines. My greatest regret is still the book on soapbox racers. I've still never built one.
My friend sent a video he took of me when I was probably about 8 or 9. It looks like I hadn't had my hair cut in 6-9 months. There's hair everywhere with no pattern to it. Mostly I noticed there is no bald spot.

Hah hah, I was gifted a few of those outdoor books that were clearly meant for comfortable middle class rural or suburban kids and full of concepts that were utterly foreign to my world as a child.

Kinda funny, this conversation is pulling memories of my strange childhood gifts out of deep storage. My extended family on my mother's side were so grounded and practical (the men were engineers for JPL and the defense industries) that it made them a bit daft. This manifested itself with gifts that were completely out of touch with my living circumstances (poverty in a barrio apartment). On birthdays and Christmas I would get adult books on exciting topics like applied and theoretical physics, chemistry, medicine, computer science, outdoorsy stuff, the Bible, and firearms. I have one of them on my desk right now, The AR-15/M16: A Practical Guide that I got when I was 11. There were also gifts that I assume were intended to inspire me to "pull myself up by the bootstraps". For example, one Christmas I was given a VW repair manual and a shell of car (frame and body, no engine) that had been rusting away in an empty lot 20 miles away from where I lived.

Hah hah, I was gifted a few of those outdoor books that were clearly meant for comfortable middle class rural or suburban kids and full of concepts that were utterly foreign to my world as a child.

Kinda funny, this conversation is pulling memories of my strange childhood gifts out of deep storage. My extended family on my mother's side were so grounded and practical (the men were engineers for JPL and the defense industries) that it made them a bit daft. This manifested itself with gifts that were completely out of touch with my living circumstances (poverty in a barrio apartment). On birthdays and Christmas I would get adult books on exciting topics like applied and theoretical physics, chemistry, medicine, computer science, outdoorsy stuff, the Bible, and firearms. I have one of them on my desk right now, The AR-15/M16: A Practical Guide that I got when I was 11. There were also gifts that I assume were intended to inspire me to "pull myself up by the bootstraps". For example, one Christmas I was given a VW repair manual and a shell of car (frame and body, no engine) that had been rusting away in an empty lot 20 miles away from where I lived.
My parents did that. They gave me a car with a blown head gasket and a crate engine and said you can have a car when you put the engine in and get it running. It turns out it's not as hard as you'd think.

Nothing breaks the mood of a bad day like randomly finding Megaforce on your company server without explanation.

387C4950-BAD9-4CA6-833E-7B1D1E783B69.jpeg

Now I have to dig out my Hot Wheels collection after work.

ETA: I just recalled in 2005 or so someone on RPG.net found one of the vehicles in a parking lot in California and took a picture with it. If memory serves, someone else said a guy owned two of them, and had one parked in each of the businesses he owns.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back