Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Sadly, I have known people who grew up in households where a can of Coke and hot dog wieners were considered appropriate meals for small children.
Growing up a friend of mines mom was dying of cancer and the dad thought it wasn't a horrible idea to give the baby coca-cola in a sippy cup.

In the mid-90s, my town (Kent, WA, USA) got one o' them new-fangled multiplex thingies with 17 screens. I called to get the movie times, and there were so many that by the time I heard the relevant one, we would have been late for the movie. I swear it took something like 20 minutes to get through them all. iirc, you also had to listen to a Pepsi add prior to actually hearing the times.

In the mid-90s, my town (Kent, WA, USA) got one o' them new-fangled multiplex thingies with 17 screens. I called to get the movie times, and there were so many that by the time I heard the relevant one, we would have been late for the movie. I swear it took something like 20 minutes to get through them all. iirc, you also had to listen to a Pepsi add prior to actually hearing the times.
Yeah I remember when that went in. I lived in federal way and it was faster to drive, pick up friends and get there than to listen through all that crap.

Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time was released today in 1984...

...38 years ago.

In 1984 that would be like talking about a song released in 1946

I am suddenly feeling both
A: old.
B: that outside of computer graphics and ways to view boobs, cultural/artistic progress has slowed down considerably over the last few decades.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back