Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I don't own any sandals and would pretty much follow Brock Savage's approach to when they can be worn if I did. I just don't find them comfortable and they aren't great for walking any distance.

And don't get me started on the men's dress shoes without socks (or visible socks) trend...

I’m against men wearing open toe shoes in public. There's a handful of exceptions such as near a body of water or at a spa but as a general rule, adult males should not be wearing them in public.

I'd also lke a law requiring men to wear shirts in pulic, since we're on the subject

Pant's are the prisons of the crotch. Throw off the Pantryarchy and release your loins from the shackles of denim!
I have a dream, where one day I will not be judge for wearing a toga while going to the grocery store.
Pants are overrated. I used to have a shirt that said that. It was for my 1 yr old.

So what, are we all meant to prance around in kilts?

I quote the wisdom of my great-grandmother.... "There's nothing wrong with a fine boy in a kilt"

(She thought it was hilarious how bent out of shape my grandmother got over seeing young guys in utilikilts. She thought they were great. XD )

Six of one half dozen of the other. Whilst prancing you need an arm to hold the toga up or a hand to keep the kilt down.

I see that as a matter of personal preference. There's nothing worn under my kilt.
It's all in perfect working order.

Last edited:

Fun fact: The Mcgillicuddy Serious Party actually got enough of the vote at one point to qualify for government election campaign funding. This is the campaign ad they spent it on. They're also responsible for the best ever campaign slogan: 'Better to vote for a harmless lunatic than a dangerous one!'

"And after a long, hard day of kilted prancing,
our hero packed his kilt away and retired to a nice, warm cup of tea."

istock-466073662.jpg

Fun fact: The Mcgillicuddy Serious Party actually got enough of the vote at one point to qualify for government election campaign funding. This is the campaign ad they spent it on. They're also responsible for the best ever campaign slogan: 'Better to vote for a harmless lunatic than a dangerous one!'

We switched to proportional representation in parliament. McGillicuddy Serious broke up and retired from politics the first time they got enough votes to actually have a sitting MP!

It sounds like people wandering around with no shirt or shoes is a thing in your area!
It kind of was. I'm in a semi rural area. Back in the day I think it was to keep the dirty hillbillies in check. (Im sure there is are health and saftey reasons for it) It kind of faded a bit. Then with the pandemic, people started being too casual/lazy and the signs started being put up again. I think the difference now is people feel entitled. They want to argue about it, and be a Karen when they dont get their way. Back the day even the most argumentative ones of our group just threw a shirt on before going into the store. Its just what you did. You were respectful. That's out the window nowadays, or it at least seems like it. :blah:

What if I have my shirt tied around my head to keep off the sun and a pair of Crocs on my hands because I'm a weirdo? Is a letter or spirit of the law kind of deal?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back