Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Who am I going to call if I can't figure the joke out?

Now were talking about the Conversation, which seems like a lot of business...

Now were talking about the Conversation, which seems like a lot of business...
Yes, and Risky Business, too. Which is a Weird Science, because even after your Top Gun works all the Gremlins out, there's always The New Batch. It's like The Never Ending Story...but you have to persevere, even when everything is Breakin' if you want to get Over the Top.

I'm only going Over The Top if I have my A-Team on it. Some Dirty Rotten Scoundrels get all Footloose when they're dealing with Big Trouble in Little China.

I was over in Europe patrolling along the old West/East german border. I did snag an Amiga personal computer though when those came out a few years later. heh
It was a step up from working at a concession kiosk in a downtown office building.

Which although we may have owned it, it ain't GenX tech as it comes after 1980ish, much in the mid and late-90s and early 00s.

The age of the people who used it matters more than when it came out, IMO. Not a lot of toddlers were using iMacs in 2000, but a fair number of Xers did.

The age of the people who used it matters more than when it came out, IMO.

I'd prefer to define "Generation X Tech" as that tech actually designed by Generation X, rather than that created by Boomers, who clearly didn't have our superior aesthetics....
1677267407345.png

Hideous see-through stuff. This is what happens when you let Boomers run with an idea... Like a virus it spread! :grin:

Last edited:
So out of nowhere a memory of this NES game popped up into my head:

4073CB59-1D69-4ECE-9092-936E68919FD4.jpeg

Anyone else remember this? No one out there cashing on nostalgia ever seems to talk about it.

All that I remember was the cover art, which I liked* and the thrill of believing that it was inspired by an unused script for a real movie sequel.

Oh and the 8-bit rendition of “Good Enough” that became old reaaaallllyyy fast.

* although i hated how Data wasn’t included.

Last edited:
I want to see a photo of the cord when the phone was put in and how amazingly long it got after 20 years.
You understand that lots of people replaced the handset cords with longer ones? They went as long as 50 feet if you knew where to find the absurd ones. My mother had one that was twenty feet on the wall phone in the kitchen.

You understand that lots of people replaced the handset cords with longer ones? They went as long as 50 feet if you knew where to find the absurd ones. My mother had one that was twenty feet on the wall phone in the kitchen.
Oh I lived it. But my phone in the basement was leased from the phone company as an all in one. So long as we didn't modify it they dealt with any and all issues without question. So my cord was stretch friggin long but it was original!!!

I want to see a photo of the cord when the phone was put in and how amazingly long it got after 20 years.
Speaking as someone who still uses a corded phone at work. They don't always stretch. Sometimes it becomes a constricted wad of cord. That you look at and say, "How the hell did that happen. I don't move more than three feet from the phone".

Speaking as someone who still uses a corded phone at work. They don't always stretch. Sometimes it becomes a constricted wad of cord. That you look at and say, "How the hell did that happen. I don't move more than three feet from the phone".
Speaking as a kid who watch three older siblings try to get a little privacy while on the phone, if it didn't stretch you weren't trying hard enough!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back