The Comedy Thread: What tickles your fancy?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
From the we-really-need-a-dad-joke-emoticon dept ...

What's pink and hard first thing in the morning?

- The Financial Times crossword!

I'll see myself out.

Are they really still pink?

I remember when the newspaper was color coordinated by section, but it has been years since I've seen one that wasn't all just newsprint grey, other than maybe a color print on the front page.

That joke really dates things, how many people today even see a newspaper?

Are they really still pink?

I remember when the newspaper was color coordinated by section, but it has been years since I've seen one that wasn't all just newsprint grey, other than maybe a color print on the front page.

That joke really dates things, how many people today even see a newspaper?
Loads of city folks read the FT, and it's still pink. It's about the only paper (online or physical) left in London that isn't somebody's blatant propoganda mouthpiece.

I've been watching clips from BBC Two's Live at the Apollo show on Facebook. Some really good comics like Sindhu Vee, Eshaan Akbar, Kae Kurd, Nish Kumar and Romesh Ranganathan are the ones I really enjoyed the most

"“Went to showbiz party. Met Jim Davidson, a fine comedian and a gentleman. Talked to all three of them." - Benny Hill

Comedy? Comedy is overrated. What everyone really needs is... Darkness. Madness. Terror.

In other words, an Occult Hospital Drama... called DARKPLACE.

For your terrible, ghastly, GHOULISH pleasure:

Opening credits:

Episode 1 (entire series is on YouTube):

I'll never get over how happily the heart is jumping around:

That kind of absurdist humor I find very much lacking in most modern comedy stuff.

I'm sure that film was also called 'Flying High' - it was a popular one for video rental night when I was a a kid :grin:

Last edited:

Brennan Lee Mulligan was by far the best comedian that College Humor ever had.

If you enjoy this kind of humor I highly recommend Kentucky Fried Movie, Amazon Women on the Moon, and The Naked Gun franchise.

Top Secret and UHF fit in well with this group as well. My parents took my brother and I to see the Kentucky Fried Movie when it came out. They didn't know anything about it except some were comparing it with Monty Python. I would have been about 9, my brother maybe 5. It, Airplane and Monty Python had a big impact on me, the others movies were much later and fit my humor rather than having an effect on its development.

Speaking of Airplane, it would be a crime to leave out this iconic scene.

and getting under the hood a bit, not ha ha funny but the background of the scene is amusing to me. Warning Barbra Billingley was an older lady and this interview is not recent, so it is not certified safe for all 2020 ears, exercise your ability to use context... sadly joking not joking :crossed:

I watched a trio of Netflix comedy specials: Earthquake (This dude is awesome), Hari Kondabolu (also awesome) and London Hughes (British comedian who basically talked about men and sex her whole set. Definitely funny, but not as diverse a set as the other two). Also watched a Jim Gaffigan special on Netflix. They were all good for different reasons.

Improv skills. Just wow!

Last edited:
The Day Today's MTV parody was faultless. A true work of genius...

And then there's the Pulp spoof where Chris Morris impersonates their frontman Jarvis Cocker brilliantly. Unlike the clip above, which doesn't really need specific knowledge, this one requires a bit more appreciation of Britpop music:

Both brilliant though.

Last edited:
Still with music as the piss take, lets do a bit of The Fast Show now, Jeremy Kwee first...

... And then the classic "Mr Wells":

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back