The Cosplay Thread ("She Looks Very Healthy" Warning)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Always blown away by the work people put into these, it's amazing. I've got a really cool joker outfit that I've put together but it gets let down by my crappy makeup skills. I don't cosplay, just fancy dress. Here's the last haloween before lockdown...

1655846608905.jpeg

1655846632385.jpeg 1655846657333.jpeg

Hope we're not too out of place* on this thread!

* EDIT: Well looking at it further we are, sorry! :errr:

Last edited:
MV5BNzU1ZTE1NGItNjU4MC00OGIyLWJkYWQtODEyYTA0MmZiZWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

With Comic Con we'll see more of these, I am sure.

If you've not familiar with Gargoyles, it was one of great animated shows of its day. Worth checking out if you enjoy the kind of animated show that works as well for kids as adults.
That's Demona from the Gargoyles animated TV series.
She was voiced by Marina Sirtis, IIRC. Jonathan Frakes also did some of the voice work for the series.

After two years of COVID-19 disruptions, Silicon Valley's annual comic convention was restored to its former glory at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center last weekend. Silicon Valley, being a nerd heaven, has two major cosplay conventions SiliCon and FanimeCon. They are regular fan conventions, but they tend to have more prestige at wins.

Some of the Hall costumes, not even the masquerade or costume contest participants, are here.

2300x0.jpg

Jen Grab dresses as an Abyss Watcher from the "Dark Souls" video game series at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

2300x0.jpg

An attendee dressed as the Predator from the "Predator" franchise reaches for the camera at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

1150x0.jpg

Rebecca Thompson dresses as Keyleth from the "Critical Role" web series at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

1150x0.jpg

Betty Rodriguez, left, and Josh Kerns, right, dress as Harley Quinn and the Joker "pirate-style" at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

1150x0.jpg

Jonas Dino dresses as a dark Deadmau5 at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

2300x0.jpg

Sindiro Sheth, dressed as Princess Leia from "Star Wars," reaches for a life-size R2-D2 robot at SiliCon with Adam Savage at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center on Aug. 27, 2022.

All from

Is that Scanner Girl in pic #2? I haven't kept up with Legion of Superheroes so I don't know if she's still an obscure character... but back in the day she was a really obscure character. Good to see someone dressed as her.

Sensor Girl, the alternate identity for Queen Projectra that she adopted after the deaths of Karate Kid and Supergirl.

th-3626425556.jpeg

th-50001266.jpeg

That was Sensor. She was in the post zero hour reboot of the legion (as they stopped being a different time and became a different dimensional world). (Note: The Legion's future status and the removal of time travel (and hypertime travel) from the DCU causes issues. )

Jeka Wynzorr was the princess of the planet Orando, a world populated by a ruling class of large, sentient, snakes and an underclass of (similarly sentient) small, raccoon-like mammals. She renounced this heritage to travel the galaxy, using her illusion-casting powers to disguise herself as a humanoid to avoid attention. It is not explained how her race, which lack manual manipulators, constructed an advanced civilization, but is implied that it may have been via the enslavement of the raccoons. Upon joining the Legion, she immediately donned a set of cybernetic arms, which she was thereafter rarely seen without.

Eventually, she arrived on Earth, and chose to join in the Legion tryouts. She was accepted, alongside Magno and Umbra, and chose the codename Sensor (a homage to "Sensor Girl", Princess Projectra's later codename in the pre-Zero Hour Legion) because of her powers as a mentalist.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back