The Dank Memes

Godfather Punk

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.
Reaction score
fuuuuck-fuck-those.gif

Jamfke

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hehe, and millennials wonder why Generation X thinks they're all pussies.

It's because we were all indoctrinated by and developed a complete numbness to insanity-inducing horrors from preschool onwards!
Absolutely!

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score

It's because we were all indoctrinated by and developed a complete numbness to insanity-inducing horrors from preschool onwards!
y nine year old would have nightmares if he watched 10 minutes of any of those. Kids today. I want to show them the movies I loved as a kid I just don't want to also spend all night explaining it's not real each time they wake up crying.

Last edited:

Giganotosaurus

I'm a traveler of both time and space
Reaction score

Aw screw you my parents made me watch the same traumatizing stuff you guys had to plus poltergeist and The Thing. I still don't keep TV's in my bedroom.
Also Watership Down is the worst kids movie ever.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
Aw screw you my parents made me watch the same traumatizing stuff you guys had to plus poltergeist and The Thing. I still don't keep TV's in my bedroom.
Also Watership Down is the worst kids movie ever.
We have different definitions of kids movies. Gen X kids movies are designed to teach you the world is cold and brutal and people you love will die and you still have to keep moving. Post Gen X kids movies tell you that you're special and someone loves you and the world will be all right in the end. Which one prepared you for the world we're in I ask you?

Giganotosaurus

I'm a traveler of both time and space
Reaction score
We have different definitions of kids movies. Gen X kids movies are designed to teach you the world is cold and brutal and people you love will die and you still have to keep moving. Post Gen X kids movies tell you that you're special and someone loves you and the world will be all right in the end. Which one prepared you for the world we're in I ask you?
I didn't see many post-80's movies before I was 13. We borrowed 50's-80's VHS from the local library, didn't have cable and rarely went to the local movie theater.
I was probably the only person in my school who didn't see The Lord of the Rings when they came out, in part because my parents thought it would scare me. I think they felt bad after letting me watch Poltergeist. Little did they know I was already reading the moldy copy of the AD&D 2E Monster Manual that the library had.
I still attest that Watership Down is a terrible movie, too much brutal rabbit murder. It's how I learned about chemical warfare and the Holocaust at 5.

Bunch

E-Rocker is a goose.
Reaction score
I didn't see many post-80's movies before I was 13. We borrowed 50's-80's VHS from the local library, didn't have cable and rarely went to the local movie theater.
I was probably the only person in my school who didn't see The Lord of the Rings when they came out, in part because my parents thought it would scare me. I think they felt bad after letting me watch Poltergeist. Little did they know I was already reading the moldy copy of the AD&D 2E Monster Manual that the library had.
I still attest that Watership Down is a terrible movie, too much brutal rabbit murder. It's how I learned about chemical warfare and the Holocaust at 5.
One of the first movies I can recall going to as a child was "Who killed the Great Chefs of Europe?". I think I was 6. I recall someone hung on a meat hook in a freeze, another killed in an oven, another ground up on a duck press before I think I fell asleep. My parents I guess thought nothing of it and I don't recall being freaked out at all. There's no way my kids would make it 15 minutes into that movie at 9, 8 and 6. The 4 year old might laugh her head off. Whoever marries her is in for a wild ride.

Acmegamer

Legendary Member
Reaction score

Light weight! :wink: My mom took me to the drive-in with her to watch "The Exorcist" as a kid, because she didn't want to see it alone. After that nothing bothered me after years of pea soup head spinning nightmare shit. lol. Thanks mom.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com