The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Were these guys also polled regarding their feelings towards sweaty, muscular men?
I am probably going to take a lot of shit for saying this but one of my biggest disappointments growing up was that so many females my age were boring when you took sex out of the equation. Before the Pub tars and feathers me, I want to be clear that I think it was due to the limited range of interests and activities that were socially acceptable for a young female at the time. I also had a terminally hip young mother and aunt who set my expectations way too high and I thought every female would be an artist, into cool music, have a sharp wit, converse intelligently on a wide range of subjects, etc

I am probably going to take a lot of shit for saying this but one of my biggest disappointments growing up was that so many females my age were boring when you took sex out of the equation. Before the Pub tars and feathers me, I want to be clear that I think it was due to the limited range of interests and activities that were socially acceptable for a young female at the time. I also had a terminally hip young mother and aunt who set my expectations way too high and I thought every female would be an artist, into cool music, have a sharp wit, converse intelligently on a wide range of subjects, etc
i do t think that is as odd as it sounds and I think for a subset of gals the reverse is equally true. If I just pick people with overlapping interests it's probably going to skew heavily male. Likewise if my wife picked people with heavily overlapping interests it's going to be mostly women.

It's one of those irregular verbs

I am fascinating
You are occasionally of interest
They are boring as fuck

I think a lot of people find they are growing up in an intellectual wasteland until they hit university. Sometimes there is a geek scene but it's not a given, particularly in a small town. I went to a pretty sheep-shaggy country high school - although it have the saving grace of being in the commuter footprint of two universities and a technology park with a few decent sized tech companies so I wasn't completely isolated. However, the majority of the locals were basically rednecks (bogans in local parlance) with whom I had very little in common. In many ways, while degree inflation has eroded the value of tertiary education, a lot of folks would benefit from just getting into the social setting of a university.

In a town of 20,000 people 6 hours away from the nearest city the chances are pretty slim.

Which is also like the iron rule of driving.

Everyone driving faster than me is a maniac, everyone driving slower than me is an idiot, I am driving at the perfect speed.
Luckily for me the government posts signs that agree with me and the police enforce that. I'm not so sure I'd like the government to do that for boring people.

Luckily for me the government posts signs that agree with me and the police enforce that. I'm not so sure I'd like the government to do that for boring people.
So do you drive at the speed limit or at a safe speed below the limit? :smile:

At the limit generally, there are times and situations where I drive below it. You do that in a blizzard and you get off the road as soon as possible when you get caught in one. Or are you metaphorically asking how dull I am? ;)

At the limit generally, there are times and situations where I drive below it. You do that in a blizzard and you get off the road as soon as possible when you get caught in one. Or are you metaphorically asking how dull I am? ;)
I was hoping to offer you an adjective depending on your answer, but clearly you are the other driver who judges things as well as I do :smile:

I had a few girlfriends in high school who were cool but it wasn't until I went to uni that I met a lot of girls into the same strange stuff I was into. Course most of them were lesbian but...

JePtsfu.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back