The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 7.56.07 AM.png
Too True!

The phrases 'loop in' and 'stakeholder' tend to appear a lot as well.
Well, how else are you going to get people out of their silos to come together for a solution that will add value to the team?
Also add a few group names to the CC so the whole organization gets to witness the process.

Well, how else are you going to get people out of their silos to come together for a solution that will add value to the team?
Also add a few group names to the CC so the whole organization gets to witness the process.
Moving forward I feel like an action item should be that all core stakeholders are looped in immediately.

Too True!

"I'm going to have to defer to ________ on this one." and then CC them as well.

The phrases 'loop in' and 'stakeholder' tend to appear a lot as well.

About 95% of emails can be ignored. If somebody really needs you to do something, they'll chase you, and then you can just say "I thought Bob was handling that."

I think half of the art of getting things done is not being distracted by other people's errands.

Nobby's corollary to this: Only attend meetings if you need somebody else to do something.

I've always said that I need to create an outlook plugin that takes the median for the grades for everyone attached to emails and meetings and attach how much this meeting/email cost in dollars...

I've always said that I need to create an outlook plugin that takes the median for the grades for everyone attached to emails and meetings and attach how much this meeting/email cost in dollars...
Just imagine how it costs in pay for those all day, company wide training events where they pay a team of consultants $20,000 to teach everyone the correct management style based on their zodiac sign.

About 95% of emails can be ignored. If somebody really needs you to do something, they'll chase you, and then you can just say "I thought Bob was handling that."

I think half of the art of getting things done is not being distracted by other people's errands.

Nobby's corollary to this: Only attend meetings if you need somebody else to do something.
Talleyrand reportedly said that if you get a dispatch marked 'urgent' toss it aside and don't read it for three days. 90% of issues will take care of themselves in that time, leaving the 10% that actually merit your attention.

Talleyrand reportedly said that if you get a dispatch marked 'urgent' toss it aside and don't read it for three days. 90% of issues will take care of themselves in that time, leaving the 10% that actually merit your attention.
The other 10% might get you fired, depending on your role. I know if I did that, I would have been fired long ago.

The other 10% might get you fired, depending on your role. I know if I did that, I would have been fired long ago.
Well, I guess it helps to be Grand Chamberlain of the Empire, which is the position he held when he reportedly said it. I'm sure he didn't ignore messages from Napoleon, just from his own underlings and heads of other departments of government. And I suppose the acceleration of things since the early 1800s might translate that 3 days into 3 hours or something similar.

It can still be a valid idea, I think, depending on circumstances. I find, for example, that a lot of emails I get from students boil down to 'tell me where in the syllabus/assignment sheet/reading I can find X piece of information.' I'll cop to being rather slow to responding to those because, if they really want it, they can (and should) find it themselves most of the time. Often if I wait a day, or a few hours, I get another email along the lines of 'never mind--I found it.'

Well, I guess it helps to be Grand Chamberlain of the Empire, which is the position he held when he reportedly said it. I'm sure he didn't ignore messages from Napoleon, just from his own underlings and heads of other departments of government. And I suppose the acceleration of things since the early 1800s might translate that 3 days into 3 hours or something similar.

It can still be a valid idea, I think, depending on circumstances. I find, for example, that a lot of emails I get from students boil down to 'tell me where in the syllabus/assignment sheet/reading I can find X piece of information.' I'll cop to being rather slow to responding to those because, if they really want it, they can (and should) find it themselves most of the time. Often if I wait a day, or a few hours, I get another email along the lines of 'never mind--I found it.'
I think it also depends on what you're doing. Working in tech, and working on a product that is very time-sensitive, I have to be aware of that, without letting it drive me to distraction.

Well, I guess it helps to be Grand Chamberlain of the Empire, which is the position he held when he reportedly said it.
How did that empire work out, anyway? Talleyrand was in charge of its foreign service and it ended up at war with everybody all at once. Talleyrand was great at keeping his job despite huge failures and very hostile takeovers.

How did that empire work out, anyway? Talleyrand was in charge of its foreign service and it ended up at war with everybody all at once. Talleyrand was great at keeping his job despite huge failures and very hostile takeovers.
Sounds like a role model to me…:smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back