The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
163228721_2029490283859467_7840546396609761810_o.jpg

I don't get why Orange and blue are so popular with movies these days.
It's a combination of Art Class 101 with top-down corporate group-think. Colors on the opposite side of the color wheel are called complementary colors as they really pop when placed together. Along with orange and blue, the classic Christmas combo is red and green.

I imagine at some point a corporate monkey in Hollywood was told that orange and blue were a particularly power color combination. As executives like to turn creative guidelines into strict policy, it was probably only a matter of hours before this spread via memos to all of Hollywood, and orange and blue was mandatory in all movies.

It's a combination of Art Class 101 with top-down corporate group-think. Colors on the opposite side of the color wheel are called complementary colors as they really pop when placed together. Along with orange and blue, the classic Christmas combo is red and green.

I imagine at some point a corporate monkey in Hollywood was told that orange and blue were a particularly power color combination. As executives like to turn creative guidelines into strict policy, it was probably only a matter of hours before this spread via memos to all of Hollywood, and orange and blue was mandatory in all movies.
Or some exec said 'I really like that poster" and everyone decided to copy it in hopes they would approve the next movie.

I don't get why Orange and blue are so popular with movies these days.
I asked a film editor friend about that.

He told me that human skin contains orange and teal tones, so by focusing on those you can filter the film to appear washed out and gloomy, but also make the actor's faces pop out to the audience.

Me again.
This is me as well. Our current place is far too small for our belongings and our work hours are different so making time to organize is brutal. Yesterday we cracked the code and made some amazing progress towards full decluttering; I was on a natural high all night and so proud of our work I had to resist the urge to take pictures

Wow, do I have stories about that last girl.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back