The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
fuuuuck-fuck-those.gif

Hehe, and millennials wonder why Generation X thinks they're all pussies.

It's because we were all indoctrinated by and developed a complete numbness to insanity-inducing horrors from preschool onwards!
Absolutely!

It's because we were all indoctrinated by and developed a complete numbness to insanity-inducing horrors from preschool onwards!
y nine year old would have nightmares if he watched 10 minutes of any of those. Kids today. I want to show them the movies I loved as a kid I just don't want to also spend all night explaining it's not real each time they wake up crying.

Last edited:

Aw screw you my parents made me watch the same traumatizing stuff you guys had to plus poltergeist and The Thing. I still don't keep TV's in my bedroom.
Also Watership Down is the worst kids movie ever.

Aw screw you my parents made me watch the same traumatizing stuff you guys had to plus poltergeist and The Thing. I still don't keep TV's in my bedroom.
Also Watership Down is the worst kids movie ever.
We have different definitions of kids movies. Gen X kids movies are designed to teach you the world is cold and brutal and people you love will die and you still have to keep moving. Post Gen X kids movies tell you that you're special and someone loves you and the world will be all right in the end. Which one prepared you for the world we're in I ask you?

We have different definitions of kids movies. Gen X kids movies are designed to teach you the world is cold and brutal and people you love will die and you still have to keep moving. Post Gen X kids movies tell you that you're special and someone loves you and the world will be all right in the end. Which one prepared you for the world we're in I ask you?
I didn't see many post-80's movies before I was 13. We borrowed 50's-80's VHS from the local library, didn't have cable and rarely went to the local movie theater.
I was probably the only person in my school who didn't see The Lord of the Rings when they came out, in part because my parents thought it would scare me. I think they felt bad after letting me watch Poltergeist. Little did they know I was already reading the moldy copy of the AD&D 2E Monster Manual that the library had.
I still attest that Watership Down is a terrible movie, too much brutal rabbit murder. It's how I learned about chemical warfare and the Holocaust at 5.

I didn't see many post-80's movies before I was 13. We borrowed 50's-80's VHS from the local library, didn't have cable and rarely went to the local movie theater.
I was probably the only person in my school who didn't see The Lord of the Rings when they came out, in part because my parents thought it would scare me. I think they felt bad after letting me watch Poltergeist. Little did they know I was already reading the moldy copy of the AD&D 2E Monster Manual that the library had.
I still attest that Watership Down is a terrible movie, too much brutal rabbit murder. It's how I learned about chemical warfare and the Holocaust at 5.
One of the first movies I can recall going to as a child was "Who killed the Great Chefs of Europe?". I think I was 6. I recall someone hung on a meat hook in a freeze, another killed in an oven, another ground up on a duck press before I think I fell asleep. My parents I guess thought nothing of it and I don't recall being freaked out at all. There's no way my kids would make it 15 minutes into that movie at 9, 8 and 6. The 4 year old might laugh her head off. Whoever marries her is in for a wild ride.

Light weight! :wink: My mom took me to the drive-in with her to watch "The Exorcist" as a kid, because she didn't want to see it alone. After that nothing bothered me after years of pea soup head spinning nightmare shit. lol. Thanks mom.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back