The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I must admit, most of my underpants are evil too. I heard them plotting my demise as I passed the dresser last night...
Those non-stretchy cotton boxers that get wound around your legs while you sleep and threaten to choke the life out of your balls. Arise! Awake! EMERGENCY!

I miss Chick tracts. There was this old lady who hung out at the bus station in the city I was living in in the late 90s who would just sit there all day and hand them out to anyone under 30 that passed by. I'd go get them from her regularly, she seemed to have a new one every month

I hated those guys. I had this incident as a young lad at Huntington Beach, this would be the mid 70's. Anyhow I'd taken the bus to the beach with my surfboard and girlfriend at the time. We'd had a great time and towards the end of the day most folks were leaving so we were rolled up in a blanket on top of our towels and had started to get busy when I felt a fucking tap on my shoulder and a guy was trying to hand me one of those Chick Tracts.

He was lucky that I was sort of "in" and wrapped up in the blanket, otherwise he'd have been bashed upside the head with my Herbie Fletcher twin fin. Bastard, it was actually my first time actually getting "in" as it were. I'd come close a few times but she'd always changed her mind. Something about the beach finally did it for her. lol.

So yeah, to this day I can't stand those bastards for ruining my thirteen year old self's sexual fun time. Die in a fire Chick Tract fuckers.

we were rolled up in a blanket on top of our towels and had started to get busy when I felt a fucking tap on my shoulder and a guy was trying to hand me one of those Chick Tracts.
I can't think of any explanation for someone doing that besides a mental disorder. I could go from zero to volcanic rage in a heartbeat when I was younger and would have been ten seconds from a fucking homicide rap if someone did that to 13 year old me.

My exposure to Chick was from my grandmother on my mother's side. She even had some comics. I guess I should be grateful in a way because her overboard focus on religion and inconsistent dogma helped push me into realizing it was all bullshit at a very early age.

Last edited:
I can't think of any explanation for someone doing that besides a mental disorder. I could go from zero to volcanic rage in a heartbeat when I was younger and would have been ten seconds from a fucking homicide rap if someone did that to 13 year old me.

My exposure to Chick was from my grandmother on my mother's side. She even had some comics. I guess I should be grateful in a way because her overboard focus on religion and inconsistent dogma helped push me into realizing it was all bullshit at a very early age.
I used to get them as a part of trick or treating during halloween as well sometimes as I recall. They used to amuse me until that day at the beach. heh.

I got some religious comic books at one point - forget where. One was an adaption of the Cross and the Switchblade, which honestly wasn't bad. Another one was really odd though - it was these two brothers(?) that were weightlifters - real people, they had a photo on the cover I think and an introduction written by them. They lifted weights "For Jesus"...I still have no idea what that means. But I remember one of them taught a kid in the comic the Glory of the Lord by ripping a phonebook in half - for some reason this caused the kid to convert to Christianity, or become a more devoted Christian or something. Then they had to fight with Satanists, who were also weightlifters but they had black hoods. It was incredibly bizarre.

it was these two brothers(?) that were weightlifters - real people, they had a photo on the cover I think and an introduction written by them. They lifted weights "For Jesus"...I still have no idea what that means. But I remember one of them taught a kid in the comic the Glory of the Lord by ripping a phonebook in half - for some reason this caused the kid to convert to Christianity, or become a more devoted Christian or something. Then they had to fight with Satanists, who were also weightlifters but they had black hoods. It was incredibly bizarre.

In the 80s and 90s there was, for whatever reason, a number of weightlifting dudes who did a lot of motivational speaking towards kids. They were either promoting religion, an anti-drug message, or both, as the pair that came to my high school did. I was at a public school at the time, and their unexpected introduction of religion near the end of their presentation shocked both student and faculty.

In the case of the anti-drug message, it usually went along the lines of “Do this and strengthen your body, rather than weaken it with drugs.” The religious ones had a variety of tones to their message, ranging from “The Lord wants to improve yourself, and faith in him is faith in yourself” or an idea that by improving your body you are worshipping God because he gifted wyou with said body, and he desires you to use his gifts to their fullest extent.

I think the only reason I remember any of this is because during our presentation the kid who kept crossing the line between the class clown and the class jerk kept mouthing off, and one of the bodybuilders flipped out on me and started to go for where the kid was sitting in the bleachers.

In the 80s and 90s there was, for whatever reason, a number of weightlifting dudes who did a lot of motivational speaking towards kids. They were either promoting religion, an anti-drug message, or both, as the pair that came to my high school did. I was at a public school at the time, and their unexpected introduction of religion near the end of their presentation shocked both student and faculty.

In the case of the anti-drug message, it usually went along the lines of “Do this and strengthen your body, rather than weaken it with drugs.” The religious ones had a variety of tones to their message, ranging from “The Lord wants to improve yourself, and faith in him is faith in yourself” or an idea that by improving your body you are worshipping God because he gifted wyou with said body, and he desires you to use his gifts to their fullest extent.

I think the only reason I remember any of this is because during our presentation the kid who kept crossing the line between the class clown and the class jerk kept mouthing off, and one of the bodybuilders flipped out on me and started to go for where the kid was sitting in the bleachers.
Roids'll really mess with your self control...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back