The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Though I think it's spelled 'plod'.

Tax:
View attachment 46584
Heh this reminds me of something hilarious back in 1999. My buddy and I were dropping off rent with the property manager in his office. Property manager has been in a wheel chair for as long as we have known him and all of the sudden he gets out of his fucking wheelchair to give us a receipt. My buddy and I stare at each other in slack-jawed amazement. Did we just see a miracle or is he a big phony?

Heh this reminds me of something hilarious back in 1999. My buddy and I were dropping off rent with the property manager in his office. Property manager has been in a wheel chair for as long as we have known him and all of the sudden he gets out of his fucking wheelchair to give us a receipt. My buddy and I stare at each other in slack-jawed amazement. Did we just see a miracle or is he a big phony?
I wasn't going to say this in response to the meme, because it was pretty funny, but...

I can walk a little. Maybe 30-40 feet without the use of my cane, maybe three or four times that with it. I've got cripple tags on my car, I use the handicap spaces. If I have to go farther than 100 feet or so... I have to use some kind of motorized scooter or my powered wheelchair. So when I'm grocery shopping, you'll see me driving around on one the store's scooters-- my chair doesn't accommodate a basket-- and if I have to get something off the top shelf, I will stand up to get it.

It hurts like hell, but it hurts less than asking a stranger for help.

Most people who use wheelchairs can stand up for a little bit at a time. Hell, FDR gave all of his campaign speeches and Presidential speeches standing at podium; you can even see that he's using the podium for support in photos and videos.

I wasn't going to say this in response to the meme, because it was pretty funny, but...

I can walk a little. Maybe 30-40 feet without the use of my cane, maybe three or four times that with it. I've got cripple tags on my car, I use the handicap spaces. If I have to go farther than 100 feet or so... I have to use some kind of motorized scooter or my powered wheelchair. So when I'm grocery shopping, you'll see me driving around on one the store's scooters-- my chair doesn't accommodate a basket-- and if I have to get something off the top shelf, I will stand up to get it.

It hurts like hell, but it hurts less than asking a stranger for help.

Most people who use wheelchairs can stand up for a little bit at a time. Hell, FDR gave all of his campaign speeches and Presidential speeches standing at podium; you can even see that he's using the podium for support in photos and videos.
This. I assume at most of our age we actually know folks who are mobility limited but not 100% stuck in a wheelchair. My dad has a cane. He could walk a short distance without it but not across a parking lot. I mean I get the shock when you see someone in a wheelchair who you've never seen stand do it for the first time and the amusement of seeing a person in a wheelchair reach for alcohol. The immediate disconnect of the black and white you were expecting vs the actual greyness of life can catch you off guard. But I would hope I offer to help when my mind snaps back to reality and thinks that there's a lot more to why someone uses mobility aids then black and white can't stand.
Its just part of life.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back