The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Who thought it was a good idea to give a bunch of 12 yr olds sharp metal throwing stars? Parents in the 80's that's who! Hey we already had Lawn Darts, BB Guns, maybe even real guns, hand destroying levels of explosives. What's a little throwing star compared to that? And who was watching us? No one. No one at all for hours and hours on end. But we got fed!

296899486_10221544803511034_5267339520590191327_n.jpg
My younger brothers were playing catch with a drill bit and asked me to join in. I tossed it over handed and my youngest brother missed it. The drill bit punctured his cornea. Parents had to drive 60 miles into town to meet the eye doctor who sewed everything back into place by hand.

My younger brothers were playing catch with a drill bit and asked me to join in. I tossed it over handed and my youngest brother missed it. The drill bit punctured his cornea. Parents had to drive 60 miles into town to meet the eye doctor who sewed everything back into place by hand.
My mom once walked in the door and announced "No one get hurt we have no insurance this month!" I walked up the stairs holding my eye saying "I poked a stick in my eye and cant see" Fortunately she was a nurse and got a doctor to see me off the books.

This is one of the best burns I've seen in the trade press in a while -

MicroStrategy co-founder Michael Saylor gave up his chief executive officer title and said he'll focus more on Bitcoin after the enterprise-software maker reported a loss of more than $1 billion related to the second-quarter plunge in the price of the cryptocurrency. Bloomberg reports:

Saylor, who founded the Tysons Corner, Virginia-based company in 1989, will continue to serve as executive chairman as retains its Bitcoin buying strategy. MicroStrategy President Phong Le will take on the chief executive role. The company also filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission to register 450,000 shares. MicroStrategy took a $917.8 million impairment charge related to the decline in the value of the Bitcoin it holds. Bitcoin tumbled 59% in the quarter, and traded about 45% lower than the price at the end of the year-earlier period.

Revenue dropped to $122.1 million. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expected revenue of $123.25 million in the second quarter. Net quarterly loss of $1.062 billion compared with a loss of $299.3 million in the same quarter of last year. The quarterly loss is almost exactly twice the company's revenue in the last 12 months. As of June 30, the carrying value of the company's 129,699 Bitcoins was $1.988 billion, the company said, reflecting the cumulative impairment loss of $1.989 billion. The cumulative amount is now more than Bitcoin on the company's balance sheet.

"MicroStrategy's original strategy and consulting business needs full-time attention," said Henry Elder, head of decentralized finance at Wave Financial. "Now Michael can focus on what he does best, promoting Bitcoin. And the company can focus on making more money to buy more Bitcoin. They are basically doubling down."

Last edited:
i get the feeling that the person who is saying - Please clean up after your 'pets' - knows exactly the impact of using the quotation marks in this context.

Maybe the owners foul the area too...

I very (very) nearly had a nasty accident with my older brother and a throwing star (shuriken - whatever).

To this day I have no idea how it missed him, and I needed two hands (and a foot) and some brute force to remove it from the tree.

Well it was the 80s - ninjas!
In the fifties, my dad held a drawing of a dartboard up to a tree so his older brother could practice with new darts. The very first dart went straight into his hand. At least by the eighties, we developed a sense of drama around our ninja weapons.

So I can't be the only one with serious questions about this...

View attachment 48394

Oh yeah, I can totally see the need for this with military.There are eggs in mayo after all and the shit goes back and a major bad way. Plus heating it up, not a wise idea. So definitely a 5th grade reading level field manual was needed for the mos 94's to read with lots of pictures. (mos 94 = military occupational speciality 94 were cooks).

The problem as I see it is the average connect time is longer than the allotted time and they are not able to teleport between sites. Fix those two and your golden.
I disagree.

Before my current position I scheduled mobile notaries and attorneys to conduct time-sensitive transactions all over the country. I did this for about 6 years. The majority of these transactions were conducted on time despite every fucking kind of problem imaginable coming up. Scheduling isn't rocket science. It can be stressful and takes some creative problem solving to execute but it's not a riddle beyond the understanding of man.

Cable companies are notorious for bad customer service, this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I believe a lack of competition is the culprit. Cable companies and ISPs often have local monopolies so there is really no need for them to spend money and manpower to deliver superior customer service.

Edit: Apologies if my tone comes across as hostile. That's not my intent!

Last edited:
I recently moved and the process to cancel both my Utilities and Electicity took a total of 5 minutes. The process to cancel my internet took 30 minutes, several hours if you count how long it took for the ISP to call me back. Thank you Xfinity.

Last edited:
I recently moved and the process to cancel my Utilities and Electicity took a total of 5 minutes. The process to cancel my internet took 30 minutes, several hours if you count how long it took for the ISP to call me back. Thank you Xfinity.
Isn't that fascinating because one could argue they are both semi regulated monopolies for most people.

I'm a real estate agent so I have a lot of Xfinity stories. A few weeks ago, I was handling both sided of a house sale, and the buyers arranged to have their Xfinity service turned off, and the arranged to have it turned on at their new place when they moved in the following week. Xfinity turned off Internet at both houses. The people selling their house called to get it turned on for their last week. Xfinity had gone ahead and put the account for the house in the buyer's name already, so they had to call me to call the buyers so they could call Xfinity to have it turned back on.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back