[The Design Mechanism] Autumn/Winter Releases

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Loz

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
As we move into Autumn (or Fall, if you prefer), we thought we'd share with you the covers of several upcoming books for Mythras and Casting the Runes. We're aiming to release most of these before the end of the year, and will also be providing sneak peaks of the contents to our newsletter subscribers in the next couple of weeks (if you want to sign up to our newsletter, you can find it here).

Casting the Runes: The Predestination Engine & Other Stories - six short scenarios of supernatural investigation, taking the characters around Edwardian Britain. Hauntings, possessions, seances, manifestations and strange rituals await...

Mythic Polynesia: the latest addition to the Mythic Earth range, and a comprehensive guide to the peoples of Polynesia, their way of life, myths, unique culture, and dozens of seeds for adventure.

Mythras Factions: a short supplement dealing with factions of all kinds in Mythras. From gangs to guilds, ambitious families to multinational cartels. The supplement includes unique rules for creating your faction, and guidance on how they can achieve their goals.

Mythic Britain: Gwynedd. A supplement for Mythic Britain, this mix of short campaign setting and adventures focuses on Gwynedd and Ynys Mon, a kingdom fraught with strife, and on the edge of implosion as old scores are settled between the sprawling families and clans.

Book of Schemes (expected early 2023): Welcome to Guelden, a city-state ruled by intrigue, guilds, feuding families, and a lust for power. This complete setting is in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta, and details both Guelden and its immediate surroundings. The city can be dropped into any existing campaign, or used as the foundation for a new one, and is highly compatible with other books in the Mythras range.

Covers.png

Very nice. Mythic Polynesia is a game setting I've been wanting to do for about 15 years.

I won't go into why I stopped working on it. Needless to say, I'm very glad someone has tackled it at last.

Very nice! Just curious Loz Loz if there are any plans for more Lyonesse scenarios in the near to long-term plans?

I recall mention that there was something but I can't remember the details. Loz?

I really need a print copy of Mythras, as I'd love to do Mythic Britain or something sci-fi with it.

As we move into Autumn (or Fall, if you prefer), we thought we'd share with you the covers of several upcoming books for Mythras and Casting the Runes. We're aiming to release most of these before the end of the year, and will also be providing sneak peaks of the contents to our newsletter subscribers in the next couple of weeks (if you want to sign up to our newsletter, you can find it here).

Casting the Runes: The Predestination Engine & Other Stories - six short scenarios of supernatural investigation, taking the characters around Edwardian Britain. Hauntings, possessions, seances, manifestations and strange rituals await...

Mythic Polynesia: the latest addition to the Mythic Earth range, and a comprehensive guide to the peoples of Polynesia, their way of life, myths, unique culture, and dozens of seeds for adventure.

Mythras Factions: a short supplement dealing with factions of all kinds in Mythras. From gangs to guilds, ambitious families to multinational cartels. The supplement includes unique rules for creating your faction, and guidance on how they can achieve their goals.

Mythic Britain: Gwynedd. A supplement for Mythic Britain, this mix of short campaign setting and adventures focuses on Gwynedd and Ynys Mon, a kingdom fraught with strife, and on the edge of implosion as old scores are settled between the sprawling families and clans.

Book of Schemes (expected early 2023): Welcome to Guelden, a city-state ruled by intrigue, guilds, feuding families, and a lust for power. This complete setting is in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta, and details both Guelden and its immediate surroundings. The city can be dropped into any existing campaign, or used as the foundation for a new one, and is highly compatible with other books in the Mythras range.

View attachment 50116
Do you plan to start a subscription service for buying them immediately upon release:thumbsup:?

The rather prolific Mark Shirley is also working on a book of Rogues, Vagabonds, Thieves and Miscreants for Lyonesse.
More Lyonesse is always great news!

Any update on the espionage book? I mean, I’m going to buy most (all) of this stuff, too, but that’s the one I’m most intrigued about.
This one is on my radar too. And the horror themed Mythras.

Last edited:
Any update on the espionage book? I mean, I’m going to buy most (all) of this stuff, too, but that’s the one I’m most intrigued about.
It's complete and been through copy editing. It's now in the queue for art and layout, but honestly, we have so much material in the production queue, it's been pushed down the priority list a little. But it will appear.

More Lyonesse is always great news!

This one is on my radar too. And the horror themed Mythras.
The horror themed Mythras is a Mythras version of Casting the Runes. We've green-lit the project, and Paul StJohn Mackintosh has started work on the detailed outline. We need to agree some areas of scope and emphasis, but it's one we're looking forward to.

Factions? Schemes?! Espionage?!! Good lord. I'm going to need a second job...

The horror themed Mythras is a Mythras version of Casting the Runes. We've green-lit the project, and Paul StJohn Mackintosh has started work on the detailed outline. We need to agree some areas of scope and emphasis, but it's one we're looking forward to.
Being able to play in modern times would be terrific.

Well, given the way the global economy's going, it's going to feel a lot like 1901 soon...
Was that supposed to be a consolation, I wonder:grin:?

A question of clarification: is Guelden set in the same world as Fioracitta? The description of it as "in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta" suggests that it's not, but I thought I would check.

A question of clarification: is Guelden set in the same world as Fioracitta? The description of it as "in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta" suggests that it's not, but I thought I would check.
Not tdm, but I am pretty positive it is not. It came up on the discord and the tdm board as well, and was answered it was not.

I do find it interesting there is so much desire for that. Perhaps some suggested crossovers will come out of it

Not tdm, but I am pretty positive it is not. It came up on the discord and the tdm board as well, and was answered it was not.

I do find it interesting there is so much desire for that. Perhaps some suggested crossovers will come out of it

On the other hand, (pending further details, of course) there doesn't seem to be anything precluding someone placing them in the same world in their campaign if they want to.

I believe Guelden is the same world as the book of quests if I remember correctly. But I might be wrong on that.

I’ve had little issue mashing things up. Thennla, for example, has room for Mythic Babylon, Meeros, Monster Island, and I was going to put mythic Britain on one of the remote places.

Are there any planned releases for Destined, or was that a one-off?

I absolutely love that there is a wide range of setting options for Mythras, but a part of me wants at least one of these settings to be fleshed out more fully, maybe a default fantasy setting.

Initially I thought TDM was gonna do more with Meeros or The Realm

But Thennela has already been fleshed out a bit more, so it would be perfect if they kept going with this with more setting books and supplements.

Last edited:
It's complete and been through copy editing. It's now in the queue for art and layout, but honestly, we have so much material in the production queue, it's been pushed down the priority list a little. But it will appear.
I am looking forward to it. Eagerly.

I’m pretty sure there is. There has been talk of an expansion to higher power levels. I don’t doubt there are probably plans for an adventure, since they out one together for Gen con that would be fine published.
I absolutely love that there is a wide range of setting options for Mythras, but a part of me wants at least one of these settings to be fleshed out more fully, maybe a default fantasy setting.

But Thennela has already been fleshed out a bit more, so it would be perfect if they kept going with this with more setting books and supplements.
It’s really just waiting for more adventures I think. It already has a bunch of unofficial supplements about Assabania that the author released on Discord. I do agree, though, I feel like it could make a good showcase setting - the sort of forgotten realms of Mythras.

I’m thinking of using Destined to run an old World of Darkness campaign (using a setting like Chicago or Montreal by Night) and let players make supernaturals with that system.

I’m thinking of using Destined to run an old World of Darkness campaign (using a setting like Chicago or Montreal by Night) and let players make supernaturals with that system.
I mean, there is after the vampire wars, and it’s damn close already. You’d probably have to tune up the werewolves a bit. It’s also somewhat cross compatible, I think.

There are a couple of scenarios in the works.

We hear you. We'd like more adventures to help flesh out the settings too, but most proposals we receive are for more settings, despite us trying to encourage more scenarios or expansions to existing settings.

Meeros does pretty well actually: Sariniya, Xamoxis' Cleansing, Meeros Falling, Meeros Doomed, Shrine of the Traitor Gods.

But we'd definitely like more expansions and adventures to support the existing supplement base.

The Meeros scenarios are quite good, and having some fleshed out setting books would be an ideal foundation.
If Thennela isn't going to be officiallly expanded more, I would be very happy to see big setting books for Meeros

At one stage I was thinking of running Odyssey of the Dragonlords epic campaign using Mythras instead of D&D 5E, and was going to tinker and possibly retrap it for Thennela or Meeros if they had more setting material published.

I have this on the backburner, but I would love to give it a go one day

Last edited:
I mean, there is after the vampire wars, and it’s damn close already. You’d probably have to tune up the werewolves a bit. It’s also somewhat cross compatible, I think.
I forgot about that! Is it basically Vampire the masquerade? No need for werewolves and stuff.

I forgot about that! Is it basically Vampire the masquerade? No need for werewolves and stuff.
It has vampires, sorcerers, half fae, werewolves and others. The setting is a bit different but essentially modern supernatural

It has vampires, sorcerers, half fae, werewolves and others. The setting is a bit different but essentially modern supernatural
I had a look at the preview on DriveThru. It does seem to scratch that "itch" of mine. As long as it can be used as a "toolkit" for my own vision of an urban fantasy setting, it might just be the thing I'm looking for (powers and magic not covered in it can be supplemented by Mythras core and Destined, I suppose).

Nothing about the mechanics tie it to the setting. That should be an easy thing to port over. I will note that the lesser vampires are close the ones out of the core book and the greater ones are seriously powerful. Sorcerers in that type of game are also incredibly strong.

Just saw that Mythic Polynesia is on the store now!

Just ordered it. At last I can run that classic campaign of mine from the early 2000s with more confidence and with a better system.

Just saw that Mythic Polynesia is on the store now!

Just ordered it. At last I can run that classic campaign of mine from the early 2000s with more confidence and with a better system.
Nice spot. I normally end up waiting for the DTRPG notification, but it’s not even there yet

Nice spot. I normally end up waiting for the DTRPG notification, but it’s not even there yet
It got it from the TDM website itself. I didn’t have great experiences with drivethru.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back