The Everway Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
To be sure, as soon as I saw the promotional images posted here and elsewhere, I know it was going to be expensive.

There is the use of Pledge manager though, so you can pay a bit now and add on extra stuff later.

Thing is, for me, it’s a game that I’d regard as a good investment.

It’s the sort of game I would use with casual players because it looks amazing, the cards are interesting and the system is so simple an infant can get it. And it plays well, for me, whenever I have used it.

The original edition suffered, in my view, because it wasn’t complete - in terms of physical resources, where you had to collect visual cards and where the tarot deck was a bit small too - but also in terms of an anaemic setting. With this new set, it covers both issues in one go.

It is expensive, but these types of game always will be and for me, it’s one of three games I am prepared to pay for this year. The others will be The One Ring 2nd edition and Pendragon 6th. I picked up Twilight: 2000 and Dune last year also, so I guess I’m picking up a big game every four months or so at the moment. However, my hope is that, ultimately these are all games I buy to last.

Heh. I was looking for my old Everway stuff to make a set of Vision Cards for my kid to use to generate his hero, and came across a shrinkwrapped box of Spherewalker boosters. I may have a condition.

Gotta look up the current values in the latest issue of Inquest magazine...

This is going to hurt my wallet.
I know the feeling. I want it. I’m not certain I want to spend that much for it. (It’s unlikely I’ll ever actually get it to a table, so I’d be buying it “just to have it” and to read it)

Last edited:
Just got the email notie that it's the final days for the Everway KS, if anyoen was still on the fence
...And I managed to miss that one, despite getting a reminder. Guess I'll wait for the actual book:shade:!

Yep - double whammy of The One Ring and Everway coming in the next couple of days.....

I refuse to look at the TOR 2nd KS. I don't think I could resist it if I did. And with the amount I am throwing at Everway, I need to resist.

Heh. I checked the KS and found it was at $99,999. So I tossed in another dollar. Boom.
You can now remove that extra dollar, it's no longer serving any purpose:devil:!

I'm still interested but that price in USD is giving me sticker shock.

Pre-ordered my books yesterday, then went on Drivethru to order something else and the pdfs were ready to collect. Kind of late on a Sunday but not sure I can stop myself skimming them.

You might want to delete your copy of the Players Book and download the latest update. Rich Rowan chased down a very pesky format translation that was causing Acrobat DC to cough up an error message on p. 188.

I have the PDFs. Are the physical copies due now?

I have the PDFs. Are the physical copies due now?

It ended up being too rich for my blood, but as you have access to the pdfs I guess I'll just ask - how much, if any, of the Spherewalker's Handbook material made it into the new edition?

It ended up being too rich for my blood, but as you have access to the pdfs I guess I'll just ask - how much, if any, of the Spherewalker's Handbook material made it into the new edition?
Well, there is a full on setting, bestiary and scenarios in it.

The Spherewalker’s Handbook was more of an alphabetical reference book of course, and sadly I no longer have one at hand to make direct comparisons. EDIT: I do note that Greg Stolze is credited in the book for Setting Design, so maybe it did all make it in - just in a more rounded format.

That said, I don’t think that a purchaser will feel like they don’t know what to do with the game with the material provided. It is pretty meaty.

Last edited:
I would not say that much of Spherewalker's text has been directly carried over to the new PDFs. It's more that a good number of Stolze's setting elements are mentioned in passing as part of the world-building. For example, you get a sidebar discussing the primal artifacts of the Pearl of Making, the Mirror of Shadows, and the Edge of Light and Darkness. Or a reference to the Glorious Empire in the description of Roundwander's various gates. As Trippy says, the primary focus was to create a stronger setting, so a lot of the effort went into making Everway's home realm of Roundwander an adventure site.

My suspicion is that the planned Book 3, Worlds, is going to be the place where the majority of Spherewalker ends up.

The last KS update suggested late August ... but with the proviso that global shipping is really screwed up now and could thus push the delivery date back.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back