The Last Moderation Discussion thread of 2023

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yeah... that X-card thread was contentious to say the least. Let's not go there.

If you're sick of your friends only ever wanting to watch classic Attitude-era wrestling, you can play the D-Generation X Card to make them turn it off. You don't even have to say why! Just shut the TV off and say SUCK IT!
1680046485321.png

Getting a notification that one of my profile posts was deleted. Whatever I did, I apologize. I don't remember what it was. And I trust the mods' judgment.

It's also possible that whatever it was, I accidentally deleted it myself.

Getting a notification that one of my profile posts was deleted. Whatever I did, I apologize. I don't remember what it was. And I trust the mods' judgment.

It's also possible that whatever it was, I accidentally deleted it myself.

"Accidentally" he says. Is that what we call drunk posting and deleting now a days? :shade:

And you don't get notifications that you've deleted your own post AFAICT.

one of the mods removed it, for something political.

it wasn't me, so i'll leave it to them if they want to explain publically.

one of the mods removed it, for something political.

it wasn't me, so i'll leave it to them if they want to explain publically.
Might be wise for mods to say something when they do that. How’re people supposed to know what the problem is if it just gets quietly deleted with no explanation?

Might be wise for mods to say something when they do that. How’re people supposed to know what the problem is if it just gets quietly deleted with no explanation?

sometimes mods do that. I don't think we'll make it a requirement though, because of how often its obvious.

i personally do write a 1-3 word identification of the issue for the auto-notification, meaning usually just "politics"

I honestly don't care, or even want an explanation. I just wanted to apologize for stepping over the line. The rest is just me goofing.

I do think it's good for folks to understand the why, since in some instances truly folks won't see it. Which is why I appreciated TristramEvans TristramEvans response above in regards to that. I do truly think it most of the time helps with posters understanding. Sure, we'll get those who damn well know better and yet still decide to post or even argue with a mod but overall I think it's a good thing if it were the standard.

Also on a more serious note.... Gringnr = goofing In the words of Homer Simpson. Duh! :hehe:

edit: the unspoken part is that I look forward to Gringnr goofing. :smile: So yeah, duh!

Last edited:
I would like a Infractions forum so that we can publicly shame everyone learn from others' mistakes.
I think every mod action should be explained in three page thread which highlights:

- why the action was taken.
- why it's a personal and moral failing of the perpetrator
- how the poster should have known better
- a vague admonishment telling the poster to learn from their mistakes and,
- a ban from that topic and similar topics so even if they have learnt from their mistakes, they can never again risk offending the marginalised, downtrodden and hard done by.

Oh yeah, and couch it all in a patronising, sanctimonious tone. Bonus points if you can do all that in rhyme.

I think every mod action should be explained in three page thread which highlights:

- a ban from that topic and similar topics so even if they have learnt from their mistakes, they can never again risk offending the marginalised, downtrodden and hard done by.

Oh yeah, and couch it all in a patronising, sanctimonious tone. Bonus points if you can do all that in rhyme.
LOL. Appreciative to what site you are alluding to there. After my deep dives down their moderation and bane thread. Wow. You nailed it. heh.

We could call it the Pub Pillory but do the opposite where we site awesome posts and give numerous reasons why. The only downside to that is that staff would be overworked because of all the great posts that we would have to choose from.

LOL. Appreciative to what site you are alluding to there. After my deep dives down their moderation and bane thread. Wow. You nailed it. heh.

The other option is the site where the owner regularly loses their shit when others disagree with them and shuts down threads and bans people while the regulars act like it never happened and brag that on their forum no one ever gets banned (except when pressed, where they suddenly claim that those nonexistent posters deserved it cause they were troublemakers, right?).

soviet-censorship-naval-commissar-vanishes.jpg

The other option is the site where the owner regularly loses their shit when others disagree with them and shuts down threads and bans people while the regulars act like it never happened and brag that on their forum no one ever gets banned (except when pressed, where they suddenly claim that those nonexistent posters deserved it cause they were troublemakers, right?).

View attachment 60237
Once, not too long ago, the owner of that site picked a fight with well known constitutional lawyer Ari Cohn on Twitter. Cohn stuffed him into a locker. God damn that shit was funny.

We could call it the Pub Pillory but do the opposite where we site awesome posts and give numerous reasons why. The only downside to that is that staff would be overworked because of all the great posts that we would have to choose from.
I'm gonna make less great posts, simply to ease the work on you lot. I'm doing my part!
Once, not too long ago, the owner of that site picked a fight with well known constitutional lawyer Ari Cohn on Twitter. Cohn stuffed him into a locker. God damn that shit was funny.
I think my personal favourite was when he told me the area of the UK that I'm from didn't exist.

View attachment 60237
“Who’s this Voros character you guys keep mentioning?”

Nail. Head.

But I think the Pub does just fine with "here's what we did and why", omitting the pompous and dishonest sermons.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back