The Food and Drink Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

soltakss

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of it, to be honest, but it was lovely. It wasn't too spicy, which works well for me, but was full of flavour. My wife wasn't keen on the seafood Tagine, so I took that home and had it in the evening. She liked my lamb tagine, though.

Dyrnwyn

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I bought some Lyre's alcohol-free bourbon this week, because I was curious about it and booze seems to increasingly disagree with me as I get older (I can drink it, but I have to stick to small amounts when it comes to the hard stuff).

So far I think it's fine in a cocktail, but not great by itself. Taken straight, it just tastes like the water from melted ice cubes from a bourbon on the rocks. But when mixed, it can be just close enough to get a similar flavor.

I don't think I would get this again, but I would try other products from the company.

MoonHunter

Game Guru
Reaction score
I need help finding the proper name of a potato-based dish. In my house we always called it baked potatoes, but people outside the house look alarmed when I offer to make it and ask if potatoes are the only part of the dish.

To make this, you take a reasonably sized potato and stab it. then you bake it in the oven until it's cooked through. Cut a flap on one side, scoop out the potatoey centre and mash it with sour cream, bacon bits and herbs. Scoop it back in, cover it with grated cheese and grill for five minutes so the cheese melts.
Stuffed Potatoes. Several restaurants in our area call them that, or double stuffed potatoes or restuffed potatoes.

Jetstream

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just converted my most recent (best. evar.) Filipino spaghetti sauce into a marvelous pasta bake. And learned, Bar-S cheddar hotlinks go with it nicely... perhaps even better than the overpriced imported hot dogs.
Just don’t ever use the regular Bar-S dogs. They’re basically just vehicles for ketchup when you can’t afford real food.

soltakss

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Stuffed Potatoes. Several restaurants in our area call them that, or double stuffed potatoes or restuffed potatoes.

I've never heard them called that. I'll look out for them next time I am out.

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Booze? Captain Morgan's Private Stock. Easily my favorite sipping rum. It's so beyond regular Captain its weird they originate with the same company.

My morning go-to is Whaler's Dark Rum for my jacuzzi Americano. Whaler's Rum has a creamy vanilla flavor that goes great with espresso. [OMG, I am so LA.]

Food? My girlfriend loves my stir fry dishes and I've recently started using jalapenos in my faux-asian cooking. I've been pleasantly surprised. We love extremely spicy dishes and mixing Thai chilis and jalapeno has been a success.

You? Shocked I tell you! Shocked! :cool:

Explain!
I’ll second that comment about Captain Morgan’s. I don’t like the cheaper rum they are mostly known for but the private stock rum is seriously good. Highly recommended!

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've never heard them called that. I'll look out for them next time I am out.
We call them “baked twice potatoes”, here in TX, I had one Tuesday night. Basically you just cook a russet potato and when ready scoop out the potatoes insides and put it in a bowl. Then you add whatever cheese and chopped onions you like, sour cream, butter, horseradish and a little salt and pepper. Mix it all up and put in back in the potato skin. Then cook it for another 6 or 7 minutes.

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
I ended up with a bunch of chicken bones that still have a bit of meat on them. I've often heard this is a good place to start for homemade chicken soup. Got any suggestions/ recipes/ tips?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
I ended up with a bunch of chicken bones that still have a bit of meat on them. I've often heard this is a good place to start for homemade chicken soup. Got any suggestions/ recipes/ tips?
Raw chicken bone should be roasted at 400f for 20 minutes. If yours are cooked itll take less time. You just want them to get nice and brown. Then use them to make stock.

Jetstream

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Grab whatever tough veggies like onions, carrots, parsnips, turnips, celery, stuff like that. Chop and roast 'em and the chicken bones. Toss 'em in a big pot of water. Simmer for a few hours, til it smells good. Skim the gross floaty shit off the top as you go. Strain out the chunky stuff leaving the liquid in a big-ass bowl. Bam, stock.

If you wanna be extra thorough, break the bones in half before you simmer. That way you get marrow.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com