The Food and Drink Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Why yes, I do eat better at home than most:

Homemade pizza dough, olive oil, Italian cheese blend, mozzarella cheese, dried basil, grape tomato, and caramelized onion.

This looks amazing! Would you mind to share your dough recipe? I used this recipe but it never quite as light and air-bubbly as I like. Yours looks just right!

Your post also made me realize just how much I miss cooking. Ah well.

This looks amazing! Would you mind to share your dough recipe? I used this recipe but it never quite as light and air-bubbly as I like. Yours looks just right!

Your post also made me realize just how much I miss cooking. Ah well.

Certainly! Here you go. Pizza Dough

the recipe makes enough for six pies. I freeze what I don't plan to use in the next day or two.
I bake mine on a pizza stone that I pre-heat for 1 hour at 550F, the max temp of my stove.
I make sure my dough is room temp before I stretch it. Let it rest between stretches, otherwise the gluten will tighten up and your dough will pull back.
With my stone, a pie bakes in 7 1/2 minutes. I have my rack the stone is located set high in the oven, reason is, once my timer goes off, I switch the oven into broiler mode for one minute to get that nice golden look on the top.

The pie comes out with a thin, crackly crust on the bottom but with enough chew on top.

Some toppings I add after cooking, case in point, I caramelized the onions then added them after baking the pie.
If you end up baking several, you will want to add 30 seconds to a minute more to your baking time.

I picked this up when we were in Virginia for my Sister in laws wedding.

Not bad, it has a nice flavor but I didn't detect any pestilence so more of a 3 horsemen blend. :hehe:

4 horsemen coffee.jpg

Now this is what I call lunch: garlic teriyaki salmon, those potatoes I always make, stir-fried zucchini, and jasmine rice.
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Not pictured: Corona with lime.

Certainly! Here you go. Pizza Dough

the recipe makes enough for six pies. I freeze what I don't plan to use in the next day or two.
I bake mine on a pizza stone that I pre-heat for 1 hour at 550F, the max temp of my stove.
I make sure my dough is room temp before I stretch it. Let it rest between stretches, otherwise the gluten will tighten up and your dough will pull back.
With my stone, a pie bakes in 7 1/2 minutes. I have my rack the stone is located set high in the oven, reason is, once my timer goes off, I switch the oven into broiler mode for one minute to get that nice golden look on the top.

The pie comes out with a thin, crackly crust on the bottom but with enough chew on top.

Some toppings I add after cooking, case in point, I caramelized the onions then added them after baking the pie.
If you end up baking several, you will want to add 30 seconds to a minute more to your baking time.

Thanks! Still looking for the right recipe. Will try this one, time allowing.

View attachment 19091
View attachment 19092

Diner! Guacamole con totopos, (improvised faux-)semitas con pollo y mole negro, cervezas Corona y Leffe.

Love guacamole, never had mole negro (actually secured the ingredients but couldn’t persuade Mrs. The Butcher that chicken in a chocolate-containing sauce was a valid meal) and love Leffe. In fact considering getting myself one right now...

Love guacamole, never had mole negro (actually secured the ingredients but couldn’t persuade Mrs. The Butcher that chicken in a chocolate-containing sauce was a valid meal) and love Leffe. In fact considering getting myself one right now...
We have mole negro in a jar from a good brand, Mayordomo. Traditional mole negro is incredibly difficult and labour-intensive to prepare. Also, every house and every region has their own recipe. Moles from Oaxaca can contain 30 ingredients or more, mole Poblano (from Puebla) contains around 20 ingredients.

Last edited:
We have mole negro in a jar from a good brand, Mayordomo. Traditional mole negro is incredibly difficult and labour-intensive to prepare. Also, every house and every region has their own recipe. Moles from Oaxaca can contain 30 ingredients or more, mole Poblano (from Puebla) contains around 20 ingredients.

My sister gave a lecture in Mexico City and acquired a jar of “just add water” mole poblano, as well as dried chiles poblanos and (unrelated to the recipe) a jar of cajeta.

Gifted the mole and the chiles to a culinary fellow-traveller and misplaced the cajeta only to find it two years later — expired. Complete Epicurean tragedy.

Wife and son asked me what I wanted to do for Father’s Day. Mostly just wanted to do the podcast, grill, and have a cider while my son enjoyed a root beer. Did that. Raleel Jr can make burgers on his own at 10. We had a great time.

drink of choice the last few days has been 2 shots of vodka, 1 can club soda, 3 slices cucumber, and plenty of ice. Very light, summery, and stronger than it would seem.

Wife and son asked me what I wanted to do for Father’s Day. Mostly just wanted to do the podcast, grill, and have a cider while my son enjoyed a root beer. Did that. Raleel Jr can make burgers on his own at 10. We had a great time.

drink of choice the last few days has been 2 shots of vodka, 1 can club soda, 3 slices cucumber, and plenty of ice. Very light, summery, and stronger than it would seem.

Vodka soda is a nice summer drink, especially if you’re cutting calories.

Fathers’ Day here in Brazil is celebrated in August. Looking forward to it, and hoping we’ll be closer to normalcy by then.

Lunch = soy burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, aged Swiss cheese, and bacon on potato buns. Unfortunately no avocado was available.
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

tenor.gif

A refreshing drink that I've found for the summer is green tea (I like to get the bottled Lipton from the store for ease of use) mixed with a good gin. (I like Tanqueray, but YMMV) Very refreshing on a hot day.

A drink that is very nice when the weather is hot is Agua de Jamaica, basically a cold infusion of Hibiscus sabdariffa. Add sugar to taste.

Tonight I am doing seared tuna steaks with steamed green beans and Laphroaig to drink.

Stealing this recipe. I always have tons of sparkling mineral water and Persian cucumbers on hand.

Vodka soda is a nice summer drink, especially if you’re cutting calories.
Pretty much my drink of choice lately. 2 ounces vodka, sparkling mineral water, and lime. Adorably, the Mrs calls it my "skinny girl drink" but yeah it's roughly the caloric equivalent of a single beer and packs more punch to boot.

I've been eating the same thing for lunch 4 or 5 times a week:
  • Persian cucumber x3, 8-10 oz grape tomato, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 oz feta, pitted Kalamata olives x10.
Normally I can't stand eating the same thing more than couple times a week but this has a nigh-perfect meal during the summer heat. I'll probably switch things up once it cools.

Drinking has been:
  • 2 shots espresso, 4 oz nonfat milk
  • 2 oz vodka, 8 oz Clamato Lime, juice of 1 lime
  • 2 oz vodka, sparkling water, juice of 1 lime, 1 oz cranberry juice
  • 2 oz scotch on the rocks

I've pickled shallots recently and have been using them to replace pickles in my peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Don't diss it till you try it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back