The last Moderation Discussion thread for 2022

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
OMFG, how do I get discord to stopping making noises every few seconds? I tried "muting" it, but it just keeps doing it!!!!

This is why I haven't been on our Discord in over a year! Why the fuck is it designed t be maximum annoying???
Click the little cog by your name. In the screen that comes up go to Notifications and turn every damn thing off- except for disable all notification sounds - turn that on. That makes discord usable.

1671161813171.png

Instead of the cartoon image, why not the live action kids?
9P5yJXv.jpg
It has a bit a Stranger Things vibe. It's just missing the ponycorn but I have a meeting in a few hours so I could continue my Google search...

Edit: and maybe Renault Brazil will be less inclined to decry use of their IP than WotC/TSR

Last edited:
Your never going to please everyone with your image choice so pick one and be ready to justify it.
Those who think you're objectifying women and those who think you're pandering to censorship will just moan and complain regardless, so in true pub fashion ignore them and look at the pretty memes.

Yes, that's it Hoo-Man, look at the crude juxtaposition of image and text used to elicit humorous response and pay no heed to the feathered doom of the Therapod Empire!

...so we remove the only image that features a girl in the thread. Hmmmm....

(I kid, I'll look for another image, figure there's no great hurry on that)
I would like it stated for the court that I suggested doubling the sexy, instead of removing it.

I would like to call Devlin Waugh to give evidence to the jury.

Devlin Waugh.jpg

I vote Sean Connery from Zardoz. It's both semi-erotic and inoffensive.
I find the notion that Connery is only "semi" erotic in Zardoz to be problematic and offensive, but I'll take the high road and won't report you. To JESUS!

My fantasy campaign has a nation called Zardoza, and its traditional dress is the over-the-shoulder-nappy.

I had to mute my laptop entirely because nothing else worked. If it's a choice between not being able to listen to my music and having to listen to unmuteable "bloop bloop bloop" all the time, I'd rather just avoid Discord.
I mute most of the Discord channels and even whole servers (many of which I really should just leave), what's left is low enough traffic that I don't mind the occasional boop or even boop boop boop.

I disable Discord notifications on my phone...

That sounds more like von Moltke.
I'm no expert but what the Internet tells me (and we always trust the Internet, right?) is that von Moltke went with "No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first encounter with the main enemy forces" whereas Clausewitz's version is "no plan survives the first contact of war". Rommel seems to have combined them into the now familiar "No plan survives contact with the enemy."

Then again, to be honest, I used to think the quote was Napolean's, so what do I know? I just came here to crack a joke.

Last edited:
My only concern is that whatever image we use it is an image in 4K, in direct anticipation of those annoying resolution size queens that plague nerdy circles. :irritated: "Why isn't it in 4K?! Those brass knockers and top shelf bottles had details worth studying! I need to count everyone's forehead pores for trivia night!" :angry:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back