Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I would have gotten on the Kickstarter if there was a PDF option. But since there wasn't, I passed despite my interest in this era of tabletop roleplaying.
Same here. I don't need more physical books and my budget is smaller these days. I try to be picky about what I spend my hobby money on. A reasonable cost PDF option makes for an easier sell to me.

Honestly I'm getting sort of tired of the trend to put out early stuff in a "limited edition" "collectible" print only format. It's like folks seem to want the knowledge of the history of our gaming to be limited to an exclusive club.

The problem with PDF is that according to what people running small companies tell me, is that they get massively pirated and hurt sales of physical copies.

It may seem like we're raking it in, but we are still not paid off on the movie expenses and are up to our proverbial nostrils in debt.
What you are doing is no defense. There are pirated copies of every one of Goodman Games bullet stopping Original Adventure Reincarnated which never had a PDF release. Within a year of its release Tonisborg will be scanned and shared on one of the pirate troves.

Everything single one of my maps, guidebooks, and books has been pirated and I know where troves that have are. Because of how the links are shared, it is futile to send a DMCA. What I do instead is periodically use google to search for my products and if a pirate link appears on the first two pages, I will send google and bing a DMCA to remove it. I have done this three times now in the past 10 years.

The continued existence of my work on pirate troves has had no impact on my sales. Why? Because people don't give a shit about what we do. We are niche publishers in a niche hobby. Our business at our level is based solely on our personal reputation as writers, artists, cartographers, and publishers. We are clients offering something to hundreds and sometimes thousands of patrons. Patrons support us because we make things that are fun and interesting. But they will only support us if we make it convenient and easy.

Crowdfunding like Kickstarter can be a good choice for getting patrons to support you. But since it 2022 and not 2002, PDF are just as important. Some of these potential patrons would like to buy Tonisborg in PDF form. The pirates were never going to be patrons of your work. Folks like me, ffliz, T. Foster, are willing to be and buy Tonisburg if it was sold in PDF. So the only person being hurt here are the pocketbooks of those involved.

A concrete example is my Blackmarsh. The PDF can be freely distributed by anybody without my explicit permission because I released the entire thing under the OGL and Creative Commons. Despite that the single biggest site for download is ...

DriveThruRPG with over 13,000 downloads since it release in 2010.

1666890526474.png

Despite the fact that you have to have an account and have to go through the checkout process. And despite the fact that the first two pages of google are filled with links where you just download the thing. It is almost an order of magnitude more than the downloads from my websites (around 2,000 at this point). The other sites I know about number in the hundreds.

So I respectfully ask to be able to buy Tonisborg in PDF.

Last edited:
I can agree with folks that a PDF copy would be ideal, but I also respect the vendor wanting to allow for premium folks to get copies first.

Monte Cook did this with his Invisible Sun Kickstarter -- it was a physical product, but eventually he did release PDFs. And while the PDFs for the cube are a bit pricey, there was a humble bundle for it.

While people excuse the fact that "anything that can be pirated will be pirated", economic theory has also shown there are other consequences with allowing the cheapest versions to come out first. For instance, when COVID hit, a lot of studios experimented with releasing on home or streaming services, but price-wise, it does cut into the profit, so this didn't become the norm after the pandemic lessened.

So I can see the Kickstarter being a way to see how many people want the premium product if it is scarce first, and then eventually I suspect there will be a a PDF release or something, once the premium market has been exhausted.

Last edited:
While people excuse the fact that "anything that can be pirated will be pirated", economic theory has also shown there are other consequences with allowing the cheapest versions to come out first. For instance, when COVID hit, a lot of studios experimented with releasing on home or streaming services, but price-wise, it does cut into the profit, so this didn't become the norm after the pandemic lessened.

So you are applying the economics of mass-entertainment with an audience of millions to a market where the audience is in the low thousands at best?

So you are applying the economics of mass-entertainment with an audience of millions to a market where the audience is in the low thousands at best?
You see the problem is in the modern world, at least in first world countries, we are used to instant gratification. In this case you just need to wait for all your betters, those with more disposable income, to buy it and hope it will eventually be shared with the underserving masses. If not just accept that the whole thing is an elitist push with made up hidden knowledge and go about your day.

If you want to know what Wesely thinks go to DaveCon in Minneapolis on April 13-16 and play in his game. Why get it second hand when you can live it?

If you saw above, I also mentioned Monte Cook's Kickstarter for Invisible Sun. There was a similar argument for that Kickstarter to release PDFs at the beginning. He didn't. The premium product was released. But after a year or two, he made the product available in PDF form. And even if the PDFs for the product are considered too pricey for some, later there was a humble bundle or bundle of holding where you got it for a discount.

Also, economic theory applies to markets no matter how big or small they are. There are the same principles involved. I rarely see a discussion about the marginal utility of price, price elasticity, or basic microeconomic concepts. It's all a type of formula.

A: I release PDF copies with my Kickstarter at half the price of the . I get 20% more people, but I lose 40% of the people who wanted the softcover. I end up making less money that way.

Scenario B: I forgo PDF copies and stick with hard copies. I end up getting some people who wouldn't buy it to buy it because they think it's cool enough.

This can apply to anything. It doesn't matter if RPGs are a "niche hobby" or not. As long as people are paying for them, these rules apply.

You see the problem is in the modern world, at least in first world countries, we are used to instant gratification. In this case you just need to wait for all your betters, those with more disposable income, to buy it and hope it will eventually be shared with the underserving masses. If not just accept that the whole thing is an elitist push with made up hidden knowledge and go about your day.
I don't think this is about elitism so much as just distribution models. For instance, I can choose to go to a movie, pay more, but see it earlier. I can choose to wait for a weekday discount at the theater. I can choose to see it in 3D or 4D not (if it's released that way). I can choose to buy it on a copy I own later, watch it on a streaming service, or settle for cable or free-steaming networks that show ads.

Now, if the guy said he will NEVER do PDFs, I'd be critical, but it sounds like a "we'll see" issue.

I don't think we are entitled to all have the same access at the same time, or have everything released at the same time.

If you want to know what Wesely thinks go to DaveCon in Minneapolis on April 13-16 and play in his game. Why get it second hand when you can live it?
So you understand where I am coming from, my position you should just try "it" (Braunstein/Blackmoor/etc.) yourself and build on what you learn.

The "magic" of stuff from back in the day wasn't the rules or scenarios they used. But rather the process they followed when they thought up an interesting campaign (wargaming/rpg/whatever) they wanted to play. That is the old-school experience that I get from all the accounts, books, I read along with the few games I was lucky enough to play in.

As for me specifically, I think the works I published or more commonly shared, speak for themselves as to how I apply this to my own gaming.

But there is always something to be learned from other folks and the preview was interesting enough that I wouldn't mind buying a copy of Tonisborg. But I don't want to buy a physical book.

If you saw above, I also mentioned Monte Cook's Kickstarter for Invisible Sun. There was a similar argument for that Kickstarter to release PDFs at the beginning. He didn't. The premium product was released. But after a year or two, he made the product available in PDF form. And even if the PDFs for the product are considered too pricey for some, later there was a humble bundle or bundle of holding where you got it for a discount.

Also, economic theory applies to markets no matter how big or small they are. There are the same principles involved. I rarely see a discussion about the marginal utility of price, price elasticity, or basic microeconomic concepts. It's all a type of formula.

A: I release PDF copies with my Kickstarter at half the price of the . I get 20% more people, but I lose 40% of the people who wanted the softcover. I end up making less money that way.

Scenario B: I forgo PDF copies and stick with hard copies. I end up getting some people who wouldn't buy it to buy it because they think it's cool enough.

This can apply to anything. It doesn't matter if RPGs are a "niche hobby" or not. As long as people are paying for them, these rules apply.

I don't think this is about elitism so much as just distribution models. For instance, I can choose to go to a movie, pay more, but see it earlier. I can choose to wait for a weekday discount at the theater. I can choose to see it in 3D or 4D not (if it's released that way). I can choose to buy it on a copy I own later, watch it on a streaming service, or settle for cable or free-steaming networks that show ads.

Now, if the guy said he will NEVER do PDFs, I'd be critical, but it sounds like a "we'll see" issue.

I don't think we are entitled to all have the same access at the same time, or have everything released at the same time.
Note that this is already a 2nd printing... So it's already "later"...

My reasons for not wanting PDFs is that I am essentially a nouveau ludite and I do not like PDFs.

As an example, I refuse to use my phone as a portable computer. I have one app on my phone, the flashlight app. This would make one assume I am anti computers and technology, but I've been using computers since about 1975. I still play PLATO: Empire every Sunday night. In fact, the whole let's make a movie about D&D event was an entire accident. Before Secrets of Blackmoor we were working on a web platform for shared creativity that I devised. I still need to get back to that as it was kind of clever.

I see films like, In Cold Blood. The director specifically noted in his contract that the film could not be altered in any way. Thus when the crappy movie coloring trend happened his movie was not violated by that useless technology. Imagine watching Citizen Kane in color - oh god what an abomination that would be.

Or, writers like Elena Ferrante. She refuses to allow her image to be shown or her true identity to be revealed despite her books being world famous and even having been made into a movie, My Brilliant Friend. Oh, I totally get that. I was a TV show host for a while and then the producers got on me about my on screen persona not being vibrant enough, F - That! I quit doing it.

One of my mentors, Chris Marker made some amazing films. They turned one of them into 12 monkeys, which I think is a horrible film. At a certain point he went into hiding and started making weird videos and just lived with his cats. He appears in some films as himself with a cat super imposed over his image. He kept making cool stuff, but he did it because he liked doing it. I truly understand wanting to hide out doing cool stuff because you want to do cool stuff even if no one ever see's it.

Or, even Dave Arneson. He was a dyed in the wool War Gamer. Somehow he created fantasy RPGs. But he really wanted to make war games. People do not even realize that when he was working at TSR he had an expansion game to DGUTS ready to roll that he wrote by himself without Gary. TSR canned it when he left. He was always involved in games in one way or another. And he did some RPG stuff, yet, his real passion was war gaming and he gamed his entire life. Oh hell yes, this is the way to be.

For me it is an aesthetic choice to not make PDFs simply because I do not like them.

A couple years ago I was in a Path Finder session. Something came up and suddenly the ipads came out and people were reading rules verbatim from their PDFs. I found the experience revolting to my sense of what gaming with real people at a table is all about. I asked myself, "Where has DM decision making power gone?" It's all 'by the book' now. Never mind the ipad die rollers being used.

I like physical books. I like real dice. I am ok with web RPG games as long as it is a video conference and not a game table interface, though I might do that for a war game.

I do so many different things that I tend to bounce from interest to interest. Staying focused on anything in order to complete it is hard. Over covid I got interested in making music with old synthesizers again. I totally dropped gaming then. I recorded an albums' worth of uncomfortable ambient noise that no one but me would want to listen to, because I was working through some ideas and problems via those recordings. I even invented something for synth music which is interesting to me. If I was chasing dollars I'd do that as a product and drop all of the gaming stuff. I was drawing diagrams for it last night in fact. I still may stop the gaming writing for a bit to do that instead.

I live very frugally out of choice. I have dropped out of society in order to pursue a life style that suits me and gives me a lot of time to think. I like to think a lot and I like to do cool things that tickle my mind and make me giggle. My income is lower than standard living wage and I've never been happier than now.

As I stated before, Dan wants low cost copies, Greg likely isn't worried how the book gets printed, Chris is a business man and he's looking at all viable options. I am a ludite. My attitude is that I want to make pretty books with good content that people will cherish forever just as I cherish the beautirul editions of games and books that I own.

I am working on a book on how to run a Blackmoor world as a living world setting. It's been an obsession for me to integrate the greater world story into my games for my players and create a socio political framework for everything that happens. I think that is very cool.

That one will be just me as the author and with the exception of my business partner Chris, who will want to disseminate it in every way feasible, I will not want to do anything but hard covers of it.

Hearing people whine about, oh but it's not a PDF I can get for 10 bucks, sort of tires me out. I never wanted a cheap paper cover version!

It reminds me of some of the comments we got after we made the movie.

"Oh, I can't believe they did X."

"It isn't like a 5 million dollar netflix movie, they need to change Y."

"The voice is so dull."

LOL all of it is hilarious because with the exception of a few minor flaws, it is exactly as I would want it to be.

I often wonder how Michelangelo would feel knowing that his work of art is now a fridge magnet and has lost all value and meaning.

So now you know why I am against PDFs and you can think whatever you will about it. It is merely my opinion on the subject. I'm not being arrogant or elitist - I like physical books.

Griff

Something, something... cutting off ones nose... something something. I mean you are correct those are reasons but there isn't much logic in all that verbiage. I'm too amd old and started back in March of 1978.

For me, reading on a high end tablet like a Surface Pro is much much easier for me than reading books. (for my aging eyes) I use books as reference to pull up something quickly at the gaming table, which for me is faster than pdf use. Other than that though pdf is the better medium for me for reading.

You are throwing money away and your basis for this and the counters to well thought out posts by Robert and others have been basically "because I don't like pdfs". Fine, but you aren't going to convince any of us to throw money at you when your stance is all opinion basically.

You've basically soured me on anything you might produce in the future, due to how you've come off in this thread. That's too bad, I throw a lot of coin at this hobby.

If you read closely, you will see that I am saying I do not like PDFs, but my business partner is open to all options as are the other authors.

Because I have partners they may force the issue and make PDFs with Tonisborg in the next year.

If it was up to me, I would never do anything but hard bound editions because the physical copies are just so darned pretty.

That is just me - I am quirky like that.

I had to let the paper cover version happen. I don't get my way in everything in life.

Its gonna be the same for PDFs, but I do not like them and would prefer to not do them.

An update on the KS project about Traditional Role playing:

Last edited:
I don't have a horse in this race, as I'm not in the target market for this product. But FWIW, I think it's a valid creative choice to limit the availability of something to a certain format. For example, I've seen films that can't be purchased and can only be viewed at specific museums or theaters, to keep the experience unique.

Whether this is a good business decision is another question.

I don't have a horse in this race, as I'm not in the target market for this product. But FWIW, I think it's a valid creative choice to limit the availability of something to a certain format. For example, I've seen films that can't be purchased and can only be viewed at specific museums or theaters, to keep the experience unique.

Whether this is a good business decision is another question.
A creator thay does that is just being an elitist snob. “Fuck those people in other countries that might have access to the Internet but will never be able to come to this high end art gallery in L.A. they aren’t good enough to see my film.”

A creator thay does that is just being an elitist snob. “Fuck those people in other countries that might have access to the Internet but will never be able to come to this high end art gallery in L.A. they aren’t good enough to see my film.”

I don't see it as much different from a play or concert that only happens for a limited number of performances in certain places.

I don't see it as much different from a play or concert that only happens for a limited number of performances in certain places.
Is the script available? If so, it can be performed elsewhere, later. If not, then I also don't see it as different -- it is, in fact, just as wrong. In general, if something has genuine value and merit, preventing people from seeing/experiencing it can only be bad for society. The very purpose of the arbitrary restrictions we place on intellectual property (copyright, patents etc) is to encourage creation, for the enrichment of society. If society isn't being enriched, the rules are not peforming their intended function.

Using intellectual property rights to control distribution in a way that mostly just serves to keep art from people is, IMO, fundamentally wrong. This is especially the case for something like Tonisborg, where it has clear historical value.

I long been a proponent of creative freedom which includes among other things folks realizing their project in the form they want it. This doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on how things should work out. One of these is the notion that a project is only worth it if it realized a particular form and only that form.

At the end of the day, we are talking about books that are read. And just as important this book is a tabletop roleplaying supplement that is meant to be used in actual play for people's fun and enjoyment. As a result existence of alternatives like softcovers and PDFs doesn't diminish the beauty, utility, and experience of reading a hardcover version.

Because Tonisborg is meant to used, the lack of an alternative format limits it utility for actual play. The number of hobbyists willing to subject a $100 book to the wear and tear of a campaign is small. Nor is it authentic considering the original form of the dungeon.

Books are not a piece of art that has to have a particular form in order to wonder and marvel at what the author has wrought. Books that are roleplaying supplements are meant to be used by as many folks as possible. Limiting the distribution of roleplaying supplements to a premium format defeats the very purpose of why it was written in the first place.

Last edited:
Books are not a piece of art that has to have a particular form in order to wonder and marvel at what the author has wrought. Books that are roleplaying supplements are meant to be used by as many folks as possible. Limiting the distribution of roleplaying supplements to a premium format defeats the very purpose of why it was written in the first place.

Personally, I fully agree with this. I've written before on this site how I use almost exclusively PDFs these days for RPGs and that I only own one physical RPG book (and only because 1) I use that book a lot, and 2) it's not legally available as a PDF). If it's not available in PDF, I am extremely unlikely to consider it.

But, like you wrote at the top of your post, the creator's decision is the creator's decision. I'm reading a novel series right now that was unavailable in English for a while simply because the author refused to have it translated into other languages. It's their right to make that decision, even if I don't agree with it.

I do agree that it is the creator’s choice, they shouldn’t be forced to share their labor, but that doesn’t change the fact that intentionally keeping it out of people’s hands just to make it exclusive is a dick move. You can have a high quality collector’s version and a print on demand version that can be printed locally so people in other countries aren’t left out. But as others have said it will be available as a PDF whether the creator wants it to be or not so it is up to them if they want to get profits from those PDFs or just be sad when their blood, sweat and tears are given away for free to people that would happily pay if they could.

I am glad people are interested in the text.

We are exploring a cheaper version. Maybe in the 30 dollar range.

We appreciate those of you that have supported the kickStarter.

No PDF will be forthcoming in the near future.
I might consider a $30 book. Or maybe I'll just figure it isn't really that interesting to me. Sorry that you folks don't feel like a PDF release is worthwhile.

I am glad people are interested in the text.

We are exploring a cheaper version. Maybe in the 30 dollar range.

We appreciate those of you that have supported the kickStarter.

No PDF will be forthcoming in the near future.
I am definitely interested in the text and would certainly be in the market for something in the $30 range if/when it becomes available.

I was invited to be on Dieku show to discuss all things RPG and all things Tonisborg.

I even talk about my absolute disdain for PDFs and that I find it ironic to want to use PDFs to read a book that is specifically about how we did things in the old days. i.e. the delivery method is the message.

Traditional Play is real people sitting at a real table rolling real dice writing things with real pencils on real paper while using real books.

Traditional Play is real people sitting at a real table rolling real dice writing things with real pencils on real paper while using real books.
Some of us rather stick with gaming with long-time friends despite no longer living in the same geographical location. VTTs allow us to do that rather than not gaming at all.

Well, when I GM, I sit at a real table, roll real dice, use a real pencil to write on real paper and consult real books...

But my players are all over the world.

If I limited my gaming to in person, I would not be gaming (and would spend NO money on gaming). I don't know if I will ever game in person again unless my daughters get into gaming or maybe when I'm in a nursing home. There are all sorts of reasons for my reliance on virtual gaming. But virtual gaming has ended up being a boon to me. I am doing more gaming via play by post than I could ever manage in person. My two VTT campaigns let me run an old school system (1st edition RuneQuest) that would be hard to recruit players in person, though I do actually have ONE player who is local to me (and I've played with several others over the years). ONE of my local virtual players is someone I have met in person when he played in one of my campaigns over 16 years ago... In the meantime, I've had players from the UK (our own Vile Traveller), New Zealand, Australia, Seattle (including our own Bunch), New York, California, Louisiana, Texas, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, and probably some states I've forgotten and maybe even some locales I never found out where the player was actually from. Play by Post gaming adds some other parts of the world players are from.

Heck, I even ordered a print on demand copy of 1st edition RuneQuest so I would have a backup copy. I still play from the original (I also wound up with a backup of 2nd edition POD because they sent that by accident). So I absolutely understand a desire to have things in print. I have PDFs of most all of the RQ 1/2 line (I still need to get the Gateway Bestiary, and I might have PDFs of things that don't have an official PDF). I also have all my RuneQuest stuff proudly sitting on a shelf (also my Traveller and D&D stuff).

There's also the false assumption, that even when everyone is at the same physical table, that PDFs aren't being used.
Yea... Of course we could flip and go with how old school my first Cold Iron campaign was...

My spell reference book for my first campaign, at least the first several months was a composition book with hand written spell descriptions...

But yea, IF I was to run certain games in person, I would likely have the PDF handy on my laptop, or maybe I'd actually invest in a good tablet for PDF reading.

PDFs give me access to WAY more games than I can afford to have anymore. I used to have a huge game collection, but my wife made it clear I could not have all my Lego AND all my gaming stuff. And while virtual Lego is just as possible as virtual gaming, physical media is way more important to me for Lego than for gaming.

Yea... Of course we could flip and go with how old school my first Cold Iron campaign was...

My spell reference book for my first campaign, at least the first several months was a composition book with hand written spell descriptions...

But yea, IF I was to run certain games in person, I would likely have the PDF handy on my laptop, or maybe I'd actually invest in a good tablet for PDF reading.

PDFs give me access to WAY more games than I can afford to have anymore. I used to have a huge game collection, but my wife made it clear I could not have all my Lego AND all my gaming stuff. And while virtual Lego is just as possible as virtual gaming, physical media is way more important to me for Lego than for gaming.
Wait, you've got legos?

Me TOO!!!!!

I still have my first set from about 1967 or 68.

Legos would suck as a PDF.

And I play online sometimes and I use real books! I even insist my players roll their own real dice.

Wait, you've got legos?

Me TOO!!!!!

I still have my first set from about 1967 or 68.

Legos would suck as a PDF.

And I play online sometimes and I use real books! I even insist my players roll their own real dice.
I have just a few Lego bricks...

Here's my office from a couple years ago (you can see my gaming stuff too...):

And here's my huge Lego castle display from 2013:

And my most recent castle stuff (that will eventually set up along with the 2013 stuff when I have the capability to bring it all and have help setting it up):

When I run online games, I don't "insist" that my players use real dice, but they usually do. I tend to buy dice for new players, so each of my Friday night players has a full set of polys, a set of D6, and a set of FUDGE dice, in their favorite color, provided by me. We use online dice rollers (that is to say, The Crawler's Companion) for DCC, though.

I also use PDFs when playing online, as all of my groups are spread across several states. Also, it keeps my precious books looking new and fly af.

I don't think anyone here is gonna change SoB's mind. I get where he's coming from, however, I think there is a youth market for historical rpg content.
1667330770085.png

There's also the false assumption, that even when everyone is at the same physical table, that PDFs aren't being used.
Right? I tend to bring my core DCC rpg book and my Surface Pro with "All" my pdfs to potentially use when I need to find something that someone needed. Why? Because fucking books get heavy and i'm old now and my ego isn't fragile that I can't go "smart". Something all those years in the military taught me. lol

I have just a few Lego bricks...

Here's my office from a couple years ago (you can see my gaming stuff too...):

And here's my huge Lego castle display from 2013:

And my most recent castle stuff (that will eventually set up along with the 2013 stuff when I have the capability to bring it all and have help setting it up):

It's funny how what I thought were a lot of bricks back in the 70's are now a very meager collection.

You have a house built around a house made of lego. LOL

Your toys are on a grand scale and truly epic. Cool castle scene.

My collection is a jeep from the 60's. A single grey plate and 1/2 plate basic set from the 60's. A couple of the steerable trucks. An old train set. I think I have one of the crappy mid 70's era sets with gears by Samsonite. And also lots of the little vehicles from before the people came on the scene. Likely some other odds and ends. Every few years i'll buy a set just for kicks and it is also funny how often I will just find random legos on the street while walking.

SO my collection is TINY!!!

But when I was a kid I didn't know many kids with bigger collections. Things change a lot.

I do have one really odd set that may be a bit rare. It is a light with little cables to go with the old battery motors. It has some colored pieces to shine the light through.

My other bad addiction is model trains and I do sometimes pine for the newer Lego trains, but I just spent 300 dollars on some old lionel O scale trains, so I have to moderate my toy habit.

Funny story. I had a friend who's dad worked at the Samsonite factory. His dad would bring home all the free badly molded legos. Most of what he had were like half blob legos. Talk about making some weird Lego stuff!

Now, for those who do not hate me and might go for a cheaper edition we just dropped the $30 Mass Market paperback version.

grrr... can't seem to post the direct link.

Is that still too expensive?

If in the future we did do a PDF what would we have to set the price at?

It's funny how what I thought were a lot of bricks back in the 70's are now a very meager collection.

You have a house built around a house made of lego. LOL

Your toys are on a grand scale and truly epic. Cool castle scene.

My collection is a jeep from the 60's. A single grey plate and 1/2 plate basic set from the 60's. A couple of the steerable trucks. An old train set. I think I have one of the crappy mid 70's era sets with gears by Samsonite. And also lots of the little vehicles from before the people came on the scene. Likely some other odds and ends. Every few years i'll buy a set just for kicks and it is also funny how often I will just find random legos on the street while walking.

SO my collection is TINY!!!

But when I was a kid I didn't know many kids with bigger collections. Things change a lot.

I do have one really odd set that may be a bit rare. It is a light with little cables to go with the old battery motors. It has some colored pieces to shine the light through.

My other bad addiction is model trains and I do sometimes pine for the newer Lego trains, but I just spent 300 dollars on some old lionel O scale trains, so I have to moderate my toy habit.

Funny story. I had a friend who's dad worked at the Samsonite factory. His dad would bring home all the free badly molded legos. Most of what he had were like half blob legos. Talk about making some weird Lego stuff!
Oh I have model trains also…

I'd say a $30 print option is an adequate response to any complaints about elitism. It does still possibly keep international backers away due to shipping, and I think not having a pdf option is a poor business decision, but you can't be held responsible for every inconvenience people might encounter.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back