The more I study Ladybug...

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
Wow. The more I study Ladybird, Ladybug Fly Away Home the more impressed I am. The author is a genius. You guys should check this out if you’re into sandboxey, suspenseful CoC scenarios!

I don't (or haven't) played CoC, but I do have the Delta Green game and I'm always seemingly injecting horror elements into the fantasy games I run. Do you have a link or short synopsis?

I will type up something tomorrow. I thought about playing this scenario with Delta Green. I think it’s more suited to Delta Green than CoC!

It's the first adventure in the 7e CoC compilation 'The Things We Leave Behind'.
It does seem more like a Delta Green sort of scenario... since it involves rogue FBI agents and such (the kidnappers struck me as a bleak alternative Mulder and Scully).

Maybe I missed something in my quick once-over but it didn't really grab me. The endangered child angle and the overall threat weren't to my taste... but then I usually prefer smaller-scale situations rather than world-wide plagues.

There was a campaign frame included with the KS where the scenarios in the book are linked by having the investigators be blacklisted journalists working for a sensationalist news programme which works really well in adding a scruffy and disreputable edge to things on the player side. It makes for a different take on the organisational side of things.

Looks like I’ll have to move The Things We Leave Behind up on my to-buy list.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back