The One Ring 2E - Gauging Interest

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Reaction score
So the summer is almost gone, and I'm trying to decide what I want to run come September. I haven't had a chance to run TOR yet, so I thought I see how much interest there was in a campaign. We'd be playing evenings in EST, probably over Discord. I'm looking into a VTT, but haven't decided yay or nay there. So, let me know if TOR might be something you'd like to play.

I'd be interested if my schedule allows. (My schedule will change in unknown ways soon so I don't know which night works.)

I don't think I am in the right timezone for this but I just wanted to say, having played a few times with Fenris and Stan, I can already tell this is going to be a lot of fun!

Come to think of it, I have a feeling I may have played ICONS with Silverlion a long time, before the Pub. Small world.

I would love to play. I backed the KS and have the books, but haven't read any of them yet.

I'm in the UK and would be interested in playing but the time zone difference may scupper that.

I'm in the UK and would be interested in playing but the time zone difference may scupper that.
Despair not. We can wait and see what kind of interest we get and who is in what time zone. I'm in EST but I manage to play with folks from the UK semi-regularly.

Despair not. We can wait and see what kind of interest we get and who is in what time zone. I'm in EST but I manage to play with folks from the UK semi-regularly.

That reminds me, I have a semi-regular to prep for us guys this Sunday. Eek!

Of, missed this but Amazon's ROP has definitely made me think I want to dig out my TOR2e books and give them a proper go. I'm GMT/CEST though.

As I read through the rules and get prepped for this I'm producing something like an SRD for the system. Anyone who's interested can have a copy when I'm done (playing or not). I probably won't post it to resources as it leans a little too far into copyright infested waters.

As I read through the rules and get prepped for this I'm producing something like an SRD for the system. Anyone who's interested can have a copy when I'm done (playing or not). I probably won't post it to resources as it leans a little too far into copyright infested waters.
Heck yeah! I'd love to take a look at it.

Heck yeah! I'd love to take a look at it.
Fair warning, I'm not really designing it as a document to be read by anyone other than me. :grin: Caveats aside, your excitement is my excitement. I should have something useful this weekend sometime I think. I only have the Journey Phase left and maybe some shit about scenes and obstacles. Most of it looks something like this:

1663951596453.png

So lots of short forms and the like.

They really did massively alter the Hope mechanic in 2nd edition; moving from a dwindling and precious resource to something far more easily recoverable and therefore more dynamic. I think I prefered the old way on this as it felt more in keeping with the source material. Its a very different thing now.

They really did massively alter the Hope mechanic in 2nd edition; moving from a dwindling and precious resource to something far more easily recoverable and therefore more dynamic. I think I prefered the old way on this as it felt more in keeping with the source material. Its a very different thing now.
I haven't actually run the game yet, so I'm going to reserve judgment. I certainly think there's room more a more dynamic player resource, but we'll see.

Fair warning, I'm not really designing it as a document to be read by anyone other than me. :grin: Caveats aside, your excitement is my excitement. I should have something useful this weekend sometime I think. I only have the Journey Phase left and maybe some shit about scenes and obstacles. Most of it looks something like this:

View attachment 49933

So lots of short forms and the like.
It's on my to-play list, so your efforts will be appreciated!

I haven't actually run the game yet, so I'm going to reserve judgment. I certainly think there's room more a more dynamic player resource, but we'll see.

Absolutely, it's just different to previous. I think it loses something at the table but it's still a great system.

I'd be curious to hear how people prep for 2E. Given the structure of the intro adventures one might guess its quite linear, but I suspect that's an artofact of the 'intro' nature there and not the system.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back