The Orville

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
No official reason was ever given. Rumor is that Halston Sage (the actress that played Lt. Alara Kitan) wanted to move on to start filming movies. There's also another rumor going around that she was dating Seth MacFarlane and that they had a falling out. Who knows.

No official reason was ever given. Rumor is that Halston Sage (the actress that played Lt. Alara Kitan) wanted to move on to start filming movies.
I'd recommend she take some acting classes first. :hmmm:

The Orville has been renewed for a third season, but it won't be back until sometime next year.

From Comic Book:

On Saturday, FOX renewed Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville for its third season. Today, FOX released its 2019 primetime schedule. The Orville isn’t slotted anywhere on it. Instead, the schedule confirms that The Orville will not return until 2020.

This is familiar based on how things progressed between The Orville’s first and second seasons. The show debuted in September 2017. It’s first season finale aired on December 7, 2017. The show didn’t return for its second season until more than a full year later, on December 30, 2018.
Considering the amount and fidelity of the visual effects on the show, it makes sense that it may take extra time in pre and post-production.

So, bad news. It was announced today that The Orville's third season will not be shown on broadcast television nor cable television. It will now be exclusive to Hulu. Frak.

So, bad news. It was announced today that The Orville's third season will not be shown on broadcast television nor cable television. It will now be exclusive to Hulu. Frak.
Eh, won't be watching it then. That's too bad since my kids liked it, but there are plenty of better things to do with our time instead of watching TV.

I didn't want to like The Orville, thinking it would be a parody of Star Trek but my wife likes it so I watched with her. I was pleasantly surprised to find that The Orville was Seth Mcfarlane's love letter to Star Trek.

I like this show. It's half parody, half homage so I really shouldn't like it, but I like it anyway.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back