The Pet Thread!

dbm

G-Man
Reaction score
A very sad thing happened yesterday. After a short illness which took us by surprise, unfortunately Jasmine is no longer with us. We were just happy to spend one more Christmas with her.

DB36DD75-E9F5-48FE-9F1D-76786793953F.jpeg

Now she will be enjoying herself in kitty heaven, which also happens to be small rodent hell...

EmperorNorton

Legendary Member
Reaction score
What a beauty of a kitty. Sorry to hear she isn't with you anymore ;_;.

Reactions: dbm

Spinachcat

Legendary Member
Reaction score
A very sad thing happened yesterday. After a short illness which took us by surprise, unfortunately Jasmine is no longer with us. We were just happy to spend one more Christmas with her.
Sorry dbm. We've lost several fur gods over the years and its been the same story. Cat fine, cat sick, cat dead (often next day). In many ways, that sudden movement between "I'm All Good" and "Rainbow Bridge" is a blessing as nobody wants their beloveds to suffer. I've been "that guy" furious with the vet about how terminal cancer went unnoticed in what we believed was a perfectly fine cat, but apparently cats can go from perfect to terminal without any noticable behavior or eating changes...until that day, and then its done.

My only advice is to get thee to a shelter ASAP for an adoption. Jasmine cannot be replaced and will always remain unique, but the next kitten will be awesome in their own kickass way. And if there is an afterlife for pets, I hope our past pets would be proud of us for showering our affection (and deference) upon another of their needy brethren.

dbm

G-Man
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, we appreciate your kind words.

There will be another furry baby in our lives, for sure. Jasmine was the first pet my wife and I had together, and the first we have been responsible for saying good bye to.

She still watches over me in my home office, this was a present from my wife last Christmas:

38C49AC7-EF35-45FB-8710-FEE240AE4730.jpeg

Last edited:

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Reaction score

View attachment 14632

Now she will be enjoying herself in kitty heaven, which also happens to be small rodent hell...
Having lived through several generation of my parents' cats, my sister's cats and my own household's cats, losing a cat is always sad but one will always outlive the family moggy. It's sad now, but you will move on just like any grieving process. When you're ready, bring another cat or two into your home. While they're not the same cats - cats all have their own personalities - they're all a bundle of joy in their own way and I've known more than a dozen cats in my life at one point or another. It's never easy but you will always move on and cherish fond memories of moggies past.

To paraphrase a well-known movie featuring a feline protagonist, it is very much the circle of life.

Silverlion

Legendary Member
Reaction score
D'aaw kitties! I wish I wasn't allergic (not sure what my dogs would think, but still.)

dbm

G-Man
Reaction score
We are still sans pets at the moment, but we have furry and feathered friends who visit us regularly...

We have a bird feeder just outside our lounge window, though this guy isn’t a bird...

3FC5F2E6-1C05-4B93-AFE9-EE435D70060D.jpeg

And whilst we are used to small birds, some new regular visitors have appeared this week...

476BCE34-5F5F-4818-BBFE-45F55EBF692B.jpeg

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
We are still sans pets at the moment, but we have furry and feathered friends who visit us regularly...

We have a bird feeder just outside our lounge window, though this guy isn’t a bird...

View attachment 16598

And whilst we are used to small birds, some new regular visitors have appeared this week...

View attachment 16599
2as6nxz02t841.jpg

Smith

Legendary Member
Reaction score
received_1500189493426976.jpeg
My avatar and pictured: Leia, our little Golden Retriever princess. This picture is a few years old now so she's much more white in the snout, but no matter her age she's retained a puppy-esque personality.

Nobby-W

Far more clumsy and random than a blaster
Reaction score
View attachment 16601
My avatar and pictured: Leia, our little Golden Retriever princess. This picture is a few years old now so she's much more white in the snout, but no matter her age she's retained a puppy-esque personality.
When I were a wee lad our neighbours had a golden retriever. He was a lovely critter - very friendly and laid back. If I ever get to living somewhere with room for a big dog I'd think seriously about getting one.

Smith

Legendary Member
Reaction score
When I were a wee lad our neighbours had a golden retriever. He was a lovely critter - very friendly and laid back. If I ever get to living somewhere with room for a big dog I'd think seriously about getting one.
I have never met a GR which isn't a lovable, family-friendly pet and loves humans irreversibly. Terrible guard dogs, though!