The Pet Thread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Agemegos

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was out walking my dog today, and we were threatened very vociferously by a masked plover that was defending a small clutch of eggs that were resting on the grass verge of the street only a little way from the curb. I hope things go well when the householder next mows his lawn.

IMG_0621.jpeg

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
20220909_204634.jpg
Following our folk tradition I keep pigs. Granted, those are Guinea pigs...but it still counts:thumbsup:!

Three out of four were rescued by adoption. Their former owners (two different families) couldn't take care of them any more, so their livelihoods were threatened. We adopted them basically for free. Which means that Leia is the daughter of Ashoka...and Jenny is the hairy one.
The fourth we bought, for reasons that aren't clear to me to this day, though I stll like the little Chewy. He's the only boy among them, but we keep them in separate cages to avoid having to give away lots of Guinea piglets.
Well, we might get them together some day...when we have the time to deal with presenting Guinea piglets for adoption. Chewy deserves his chance, too:angel:!

BTW, I was wondering why they call the poor rodents "pigs"...until I got to know their habits. Yeah, pigs is fine!

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Reaction score
My daughter got a Hedgehog (African Pygmy). She really, really loves bathtime -- it's the only time she isn't a hissing little prickleball when touched.
As a species we seem determined to make pets of things that want nothing to do with us. I'm pretty sure the first interstellar war will be started by an incident of non-consensual scritchies.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com