The Pet Thread!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
A very sad thing happened yesterday. After a short illness which took us by surprise, unfortunately Jasmine is no longer with us. We were just happy to spend one more Christmas with her.

DB36DD75-E9F5-48FE-9F1D-76786793953F.jpeg

Now she will be enjoying herself in kitty heaven, which also happens to be small rodent hell...

What a beauty of a kitty. Sorry to hear she isn't with you anymore ;_;.

Reactions: dbm
A very sad thing happened yesterday. After a short illness which took us by surprise, unfortunately Jasmine is no longer with us. We were just happy to spend one more Christmas with her.

Sorry dbm. We've lost several fur gods over the years and its been the same story. Cat fine, cat sick, cat dead (often next day). In many ways, that sudden movement between "I'm All Good" and "Rainbow Bridge" is a blessing as nobody wants their beloveds to suffer. I've been "that guy" furious with the vet about how terminal cancer went unnoticed in what we believed was a perfectly fine cat, but apparently cats can go from perfect to terminal without any noticable behavior or eating changes...until that day, and then its done.

My only advice is to get thee to a shelter ASAP for an adoption. Jasmine cannot be replaced and will always remain unique, but the next kitten will be awesome in their own kickass way. And if there is an afterlife for pets, I hope our past pets would be proud of us for showering our affection (and deference) upon another of their needy brethren.

Thanks everyone, we appreciate your kind words.

There will be another furry baby in our lives, for sure. Jasmine was the first pet my wife and I had together, and the first we have been responsible for saying good bye to.

She still watches over me in my home office, this was a present from my wife last Christmas:

38C49AC7-EF35-45FB-8710-FEE240AE4730.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 14632

Now she will be enjoying herself in kitty heaven, which also happens to be small rodent hell...
Having lived through several generation of my parents' cats, my sister's cats and my own household's cats, losing a cat is always sad but one will always outlive the family moggy. It's sad now, but you will move on just like any grieving process. When you're ready, bring another cat or two into your home. While they're not the same cats - cats all have their own personalities - they're all a bundle of joy in their own way and I've known more than a dozen cats in my life at one point or another. It's never easy but you will always move on and cherish fond memories of moggies past.

To paraphrase a well-known movie featuring a feline protagonist, it is very much the circle of life.

D'aaw kitties! I wish I wasn't allergic (not sure what my dogs would think, but still.)

We are still sans pets at the moment, but we have furry and feathered friends who visit us regularly...

We have a bird feeder just outside our lounge window, though this guy isn’t a bird...

3FC5F2E6-1C05-4B93-AFE9-EE435D70060D.jpeg

And whilst we are used to small birds, some new regular visitors have appeared this week...

476BCE34-5F5F-4818-BBFE-45F55EBF692B.jpeg

We are still sans pets at the moment, but we have furry and feathered friends who visit us regularly...

We have a bird feeder just outside our lounge window, though this guy isn’t a bird...

View attachment 16598

And whilst we are used to small birds, some new regular visitors have appeared this week...

View attachment 16599

2as6nxz02t841.jpg

received_1500189493426976.jpeg
My avatar and pictured: Leia, our little Golden Retriever princess. This picture is a few years old now so she's much more white in the snout, but no matter her age she's retained a puppy-esque personality.

So I got jealous of all the sweet cats and I decided to get a cat for myself. I let it run around in my backyard... but he decided the the pack the greyhounds were too scary and jumped the fence. Oh well.

1585837613931.jpeg

View attachment 16601
My avatar and pictured: Leia, our little Golden Retriever princess. This picture is a few years old now so she's much more white in the snout, but no matter her age she's retained a puppy-esque personality.
When I were a wee lad our neighbours had a golden retriever. He was a lovely critter - very friendly and laid back. If I ever get to living somewhere with room for a big dog I'd think seriously about getting one.

When I were a wee lad our neighbours had a golden retriever. He was a lovely critter - very friendly and laid back. If I ever get to living somewhere with room for a big dog I'd think seriously about getting one.
I have never met a GR which isn't a lovable, family-friendly pet and loves humans irreversibly. Terrible guard dogs, though!

So I got jealous of all the sweet cats and I decided to get a cat for myself. I let it run around in my backyard... but he decided the the pack the greyhounds were too scary and jumped the fence. Oh well.

View attachment 16602
All the likes on this post make me feel like there's a joke in here that I'm missing.

All the likes on this post make me feel like there's a joke in here that I'm missing.

Heh as Dumarest pointed out. Yeah that's a bobcat. Apparently it's been hunting my neighborhood's cat/toy-dog/opossum/squirrel/rabbit/population.

It came sniffing around the yard when I saw it... Beautiful animal.

Dumarest has set up his Catfighting Gladiatorial Arena as his new stay-at-home pastime. I dig it.

Five bucks on the black one. I can see he's got that killer instinct.

cat.jpg
Not really a pet, but this cat has been hanging around my neighborhood for a while now. Lately its been staring in my window every time I open the blinds. I swear it's caseing my apartment.

Here’s my knuckleheads.
C5F0E487-EE35-40DF-8DE9-5901683385C2.jpeg
Kodi’s a 5 1/2 year old black Pomeranian, Jake’s a 3 year old Deerhead Chihuahua possibly mixed with something lightning fast.

Can you have it groomed like this?

Rofl, he’s getting hot, so I’ll have to have him cut. Will probably do the Bear or Puppy cut. He had Allopecia-X when his puppy coat came out, so now that it’s all grown back, I don‘t want him to lose patches of hair again.

Rofl, he’s getting hot, so I’ll have to have him cut. Will probably do the Bear or Puppy cut. He had Allopecia-X when his puppy coat came out, so now that it’s all grown back, I don‘t want him to lose patches of hair again.
The "Pokemon cut" in the video looks incredibly cute, but maybe it "works" better on puppies. Is that the bear cut or the puppy cut?

The "Pokemon cut" in the video looks incredibly cute, but maybe it "works" better on puppies. Is that the bear cut or the puppy cut?
That’s the Bear cut.

Dude, offer it some food already. You know you want to!
Ok so here's the thing...
The guy that lives in the house next door leaves out food, water and a blanket for the cat.
Also, the cat uses the patch of gravel next to my car as its bathroom. It is terribly perilous getting into the passenger side of my car.

Just half-an hour ago I said goodbye to my ten year old cat Olfert.
He had been sick for a short while, but after a visit last week from the vet, he was actually recovering it seemed.
He got some medication that seemed to help. Today the vet was actually here again, for the check up and she said he looked much better.
But during the day he just got worse and worse. Tonight he was just lying on the floor and hyperventilating.
I lay myself down beside him for an hour, until it was all over. I'm completely devastated right now, so should maybe have waited to write in here, but I just needed to tell someone.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back