The Portable Wargame

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

ZDL

Well-Known Pubber
Reaction score
As I've said else-thread, I'm not personally a huge fan of wargames (board or miniature). I generally find them exceptionally fiddly and tedious. This is a bit frustrating for my SO since he's an avid fan of them (from his university years in Canada). Our hobbies overlap in many ways (we're both fans of card games: traditional or commercial; of traditional board games like Xianqi; of so-called "Euro" board games; and RPG players, though me to a far greater extent), but in this one key place, the overlap is so small that we hardly ever bond over something that's been a major part of his entertainment for decades.

Thus it is that we celebrate a lot when we find a wargame I can stomach, whether that be a "simple" board wargame like The Battle for Julu 207 B.C. or the subject of this thread.

IMG_20210930_082621 (Custom).jpg

I'd be interested in how many people know of this game. I got it (at stupid expense) for SO as a possible game we'd play together and ... thus far it has been amazing in that role. Is anybody else out there a fan of it? What hacks or alterations have you made to suit your play style?

I've seen it advertised on TMP but that's about it. The Perrys have a napoleonic travel battle game.

Yes, I dabbled with it. It's a good, simple wargame.
There are a bunch of different versions on Amazon. I think the author is eventually going to add these other titles on Wargame Vault.

Sadly Amazon.cn doesn't have any of them and Wargame Vault is not an available option to me. :blah: (They don't take payment in RMB via AliPay or WeChat Wallet.) I have to go for hard copy at stupid prices.

That's pretty cool. I was in a similar situation with my SO, but I ended up with the Tombstone Tinderbox

I've been a 13mm convert ever since.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back