The Pub: Five Years On and What I’m Thinking…

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
iu

Hmm this could be interesting. Reviews and… opinion columns perhaps? RPG advice beyond the usual tripe out there these days.

like old school White Dwarf magazine!!

No politics can be followed, perhaps, by just ignoring the attention that we might receive (refusing to play the game, have some ‘Pub boilerplate messaging that we all stick to when challenged). Like the Pub’s brand?

No politics can be followed, perhaps, by just ignoring the attention that we might receive (refusing to play the game, have some ‘Pub boilerplate messaging that we all stick to when challenged). Like the Pub’s brand?
Politics are only likely to be raised by those with an axe to grind, accusing us of being in whichever camp they're not.

Stick to our guns, face down the allegations with a Clint Eastwood stare and all will be good.

So what I think I would like to do is see who might be interested in forming up what we might call the Article Group. This is something that people who are interested in writing or editing articles (news/reviews/stories) would be interested in. Serious inquiries only. I will probably end up setting up a private forum for the group.
I know I'm not a frequent poster, but I really like this place, so perhaps I too could do a few articles or reviews every now and then. Better yet, if I can dodge an annual 5$ forum posting privilege fee for a small article/review... Hell yeah!!

Makes me think of a story… I live in the US but in a previous job I occasionally travelled to Brazil and Argentina. On my last trip to Argentina I was with a small party of Americans and we went to a local restaurant for a quick lunch. I ordered a hamburger and when I received it, it was truly a burger made out of ham. Next time I will ask what’s on it…

Makes me think of a story… I live in the US but in a previous job I occasionally travelled to Brazil and Argentina. On my last trip to Argentina I was with a small party of Americans and we went to a local restaurant for a quick lunch. I ordered a hamburger and when I received it, it was truly a burger made out of ham. Next time I will ask what’s on it…
I'll never forget the time i was in Germany and asked for pepperoni on my pizza and got chili peppers instead. To be fare my German was(is) pretty atrocious.

They probably thought you were Italian. Peperoni is the plural form of peperone, the italian word for bell pepper.
It was a very funny exchange, as me an a companion tried to explain tat I didn't want the peppers, but the waiter didn't understand. We gave up after he brought us a pepper shaker. This actually was one of the first times I started to like spicy food, as I forced myself to eat the pizza so I didn't offend the waiter and found that I didn't mind its spiciness.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back