The Pub Turns Five!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just a hair over year later and I have no regrets at all following the Fenris-77 Fenris-77 vapor trail from EN's web site. :shade: Ok that's a lie, I just happened to enjoy his posts there as well and was amused to find him here as well when I blundered onto the Pub from a Google search about something I no longer recall. Like others I feel like I arrived late to the party but have found my home. Thank the Swo you all have not booted my ass.

Audience composition can reveal a site's current market share across various audiences. rpgpub.com's audience is 66.97% male and 33.03% female. The largest age group of visitors are 25 - 34 year olds. (On Desktop)
Similar Web has the Pub with a bigger female audience than any of the other large RPG forums. Most are between 20-25% female. The Pub also skews slightly older than the other forums because we aren’t as 5e heavy.

Similar Web has the Pub with a bigger female audience than any of the other large RPG forums. Most are between 20-25% female. The Pub also skews slightly older than the other forums because we aren’t as 5e heavy.

Seems quite at odds with the demographics of the posters, who mainly seem to be old farts like me, although there might be some availability bias in that as I don't follow all the threads.

Seems quite at odds with the demographics of the posters, who mainly seem to be old farts like me, although there might be some availability bias in that as I don't follow all the threads.
These are visitors but they may not be posters. Most people who visit forums never post.

According to Similar Web our traffic is coming from…

Canada
31.02% up 50.42%

Hm. The geese are watching . . . plotting . . .

[ . . . ]
Brazil
8.86% up 50.11%

Hm. @TheButcher is quite the busy boy, isn't he?

[ . . . ]
Australia
3.54% down 8.16%

Drop bears must have got them. If not the box jellyfish.

Please let us know what the Pub means to you and share some of your favorite moments in Pub history. Thank you all!

It's a nice place to chill and discuss some of my favorite hobbies.

Some favorite moments: SWO, Bunch Bunch saying I'm a goose, how kind everyone was when my brother passed away last summer (although I didn't take anyone up on their offers to chat privately, those offers are greatly appreciated), and the "What are you listening to?" thread.

My favorite recent pub moment is when a new member came here, tried to be a shit-starter, was met with a collective shrug, and left.

It's a nice place to chill and discuss some of my favorite hobbies.

Some favorite moments: SWO, Bunch Bunch saying I'm a goose, how kind everyone was when my brother passed away last summer (although I didn't take anyone up on their offers to chat privately, those offers are greatly appreciated), and the "What are you listening to?" thread.

My favorite recent pub moment is when a new member came here, tried to be a shit-starter, was met with a collective shrug, and left.
You are a goose. Note however I did not confirm or deny your Canadian heritage.

I would be curious how the non posters view this place. Do they feel welcome to post? As much as I love our GenX safe space I'd like to think it doesn't push people away.

I would be curious how the non posters view this place. Do they feel welcome to post? As much as I love our GenX safe space I'd like to think it doesn't push people away.
I just hope they enjoy reading. Sometimes I view forums as like watching a favorite TV show. Sometimes you just like catching up on your favorite characters. We are those characters.

Fenris-77 and a poster to be named later...
iu

People would have to pay attention to Gen X to be pushed away from a Gen X safe space. It was not lost on me how the popular generational struggle has been between Boomers and Millennials. As per the now well established pattern Gen X is off in a corner watching the drama, and thinking whatever.

Gen X is the Eeyore generation, thanks for noticing me. :tongue:

People would have to pay attention to Gen X to be pushed away from a Gen X safe space. It was not lost on me how the popular generational struggle has been between Boomers and Millennials. As per the now well established pattern Gen X is off in a corner watching the drama, and thinking whatever.

Gen X is the Eeyore generation, thanks for noticing me. :tongue:
We can't hide forever. Can we? I mean if so that is one hell of a super power for a whole generation. Is it still Boomers and Millennials? Don't we have a few more in play that can add to the dumpsterfire? I know no one talks about my parents generation aptly named the Silent Generation. Thats stealth!

We can't hide forever. Can we? I mean if so that is one hell of a super power for a whole generation. Is it still Boomers and Millennials? Don't we have a few more in play that can add to the dumpsterfire? I know no one talks about my parents generation aptly named the Silent Generation. Thats stealth!

Sure we can :grin:

Maybe it skips generations, Greatest generation (bet I know which generation named themselves), Silent generation ('nuff said), Boomers (there are lots of us), Gen X (whatever), Millennials (Ok Boomer), and Gen Z aka zoomies ( :music: no emoji staring at a phone so this will work).

Canada, however, has no doubts about you....
...nor any other emotions, for that matter:angel:.

I feel there's a tag line here - The Pub: Better dramatic amounts of silliness than silly amounts of drama.
Good catch:thumbsup:!
Though as an editor, I'm compelled to suggest what (I believe...) are improvements:

"The Pub: Dramatic amounts of silliness instead of silly amounts of drama".
OR
"The Pub: Dramatic silliness beats silly drama!"

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back