The Sprawl goes Shadowrun

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
Ardens Ludere just released a supplement for the Sprawl called "Touched Prime" and it adds magic which of course opened up this, "The magic has seeped into the very fabric of humanity, splitting it into multiple kin groups: Dwarf-kin, Elf-kin, Human-kin, Troll-kin and Wild-kin." Seems like mission creep to me. Anyone know the backstory?? :smile:

Ardens Ludere just released a supplement for the Sprawl called "Touched Prime" and it adds magic which of course opened up this, "The magic has seeped into the very fabric of humanity, splitting it into multiple kin groups: Dwarf-kin, Elf-kin, Human-kin, Troll-kin and Wild-kin." Seems like mission creep to me. Anyone know the backstory?? :smile:

The Sprawl is a pretty tight game so I think a supplement this long after the intial release isn't excessive. Never a fan of Shadowrun's system so this may scratch that itch for me.

I had a great time running the Sprawl two years ago, and it was my first PbtA game.

Lessa silva has some great Shadowrun playbooks for the Sprawl, I'd be interested to see how they mesh with this supplement.

I'm glad the Sprawl is doing this since at this point I prefer PbtA over Shadowrun's game mechanics. I'm just surprised they did it so blatantly. LOL Oh well, I'm going to snag it.

Not sure how I feel about it. The Sprawl was a bit too focused on the Sprawl Trilogy experience so it could use some variety, but I could live without PbtA shadowrun, even if I would probably play better than actual Shadowrun.

I guess the run-up to a new Shadowrun edition is a good time to launch something like this, even if it would obviously have been in production for a long time anyway.

Tell me how it runs--I like some of the flexibility of Shadowrun, and I'm not sure a class PBTA style game would work for me.
(I'm always wanting to make characters that don't fit a "class" mold, in some games.)

Not sure how I feel about it. The Sprawl was a bit too focused on the Sprawl Trilogy experience so it could use some variety, but I could live without PbtA shadowrun, even if I would probably play better than actual Shadowrun.
If what you really want is Shadowrun in the Sprawl, I suggest taking a look at the fan hack of same name that's floating around, or in my own hack. Touched Prime seems to bring fantasy/supernatural elements to The Sprawl but those won't make it Shadowrun (which can be a good thing for those who don't like Shadowrun, or want to explore possibilities beyond Shadowrun).

Can you share a fresh link to your hack Lessa silva? Both links in that thread say the pdf was trashed. Thanks!
That's weird.. anyway, test this one:

Oh and I must say I couldn't properly playtest most of the magical archetypes with the exception of the Shaman (which we played a lot in our recent story). So if you have any feedback I appreciate.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back