Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It's a shame about Phasma. Great look, great actress in the armour. Utter lack of anything resembling a character to go with it.

So, pretty much Boba Fett until the EU got ahold of him

Edit: beat to it by Necrozius

So, pretty much Boba Fett until the EU got ahold of him

Edit: beat to it by Necrozius
To be fair, Boba Fett was just a goon initially. It was after the fact that he became a big deal. Phasma charted the exact opposite course. Sold as a big deal, turned out to be nothing of the sort.

To be fair, Boba Fett was just a goon initially. It was after the fact that he became a big deal. Phasma charted the exact opposite course. Sold as a big deal, turned out to be nothing of the sort.

Boba Fett was given a pretty significant build up - his animated introduction in the Holiday special (the only reason anyone sought that out), along with his inclusion and build-up in the Drids cartoon, and even in the films themselves - he was the only Bounty Hunter Vader personally spoke to, everyone knew his name ("Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?), and had a significant stage presence both in Empire and the beginning of RoTJ until....he got hit in the back and flew screaming into the Sarlacc pit. Even before RoTJ came out, the character was a fan favourite, and he had one of the most popular toys.

He was an unsufferable little shite trying to play big man in papa's armour - granted, the show details how he had quite an unfortunate and violent upbringing, and while initially he commanded some respect due to his 'father' he was quite skilled for his age. Overall he was still a good character, just not 'cool'.

Boba Fett was given a pretty significant build up - his animated introduction in the Holiday special (the only reason anyone sought that out), along with his inclusion and build-up in the Drids cartoon, and even in the films themselves - he was the only Bounty Hunter Vader personally spoke to, everyone knew his name ("Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?), and had a significant stage presence both in Empire and the beginning of RoTJ until....he got hit in the back and flew screaming into the Sarlacc pit. Even before RoTJ came out, the character was a fan favourite, and he had one of the most popular toys.
Considering Droids came out a good two years after Jedi...

Vader spoke to Fett to tell him that he'd get paid off if Solo died. The no disintegration lone was to the group. That's it,thats Fett's dialog. He's on screen for maybe 3 minutes.

If you watch Empire and Jedi with the director commentary, Lixas freely admits he had nonidea how popular Biba Fett was. Which was down to the Holiday Special and a cool action figure. The character was written as just a no name bounty hunter.

That toy was why everyone knew the name Boba Fett. I'm 95% sure he doesn't even get named on screen until just before he dies stupidly. Which was down to Lucas not realising how iconic the character had become.

And don't get me started on the armour thing. Fett wasn't even a Mandalorian originally. He wore Mandalorian Supercommando armour, but was just a bounty hunter originally.

Star Wars, thy name is retcon.

Considering Droids came out a good two years after Jedi...

Yes, well before the EU as a concept existed.

Vader spoke to Fett to tell him that he'd get paid off if Solo died. The no disintegration lone was to the group. That's it,thats Fett's dialog. He's on screen for maybe 3 minutes.

I'm not sure what "no disintegration lone was to the group" was meant to mean, but Vader addresses the Bounty Hunters as a group, but the only one he directly speaks to is Boba Fett. This was significant enough to be specifically mentioned in media at the time, and is addressed in the WEG game. Fans took note.

If you watch Empire and Jedi with the director commentary, Lixas freely admits he had nonidea how popular Biba Fett was. Which was down to the Holiday Special and a cool action figure. The character was written as just a no name bounty hunter. That toy was why everyone knew the name Boba Fett. I'm 95% sure he doesn't even get named on screen until just before he dies stupidly. Which was down to Lucas not realising how iconic the character had become.

I don't know who "Lixas" is, but the behind the scenes info clearly contradicts the notion the character was a "no name bounty hunter". You can find video on youtube that shows the development of the armour and character, the influences (he was based originally on a Safari big-game hunter), and his name was established very early in pre-production. If your point is Lucas didn't know how popular and iconic a character he was, yeah, that was my point , hence his rather abrupt and unceremonious demise. But that's atypical of Star Wars - coming up with cool, instantly iconic characters and then just as quickly killing them off. Like that four-armed cyborg guy in Attack of the Clones and like (hence the comparison) Phasma.

And don't get me started on the armour thing. Fett wasn't even a Mandalorian originally. He wore Mandalorian Supercommando armour, but was just a bounty hunter originally.

Star Wars, thy name is retcon.

I believe you're the only one to mention "the armour thing", so if you "get started on it", that's all on you

Last edited:
The fact that Vader singles out Fett with the 'No Disintegrations.' line often all that needed for a kid to make an entire story for a character. Its how Fandoms work, by imagining.

It's why the Prequels are a bit of a disappointment when it comes to Darth Vader, the OT told the story JUST ENOUGH to make him seem badass and interesing, and Vader never needed more. The prequels took that mystique away from him. Now, that may be fine for some people, but for a good chunk of us, we were disappointed.

So... I'm seeing a lot of complaints about how all the blaster fire always hits the beskar when there are gaps between the plates. Are these the same people complaining about how the Skywalkers are the chosen ones, and why? And how the force works? Because, I'm sure there's a reason for why the beskar takes all of the incoming bolts that could be worse that midi-clorians...

Why not just leave some things to dramatic license? Because it could always be worse...

So... I'm seeing a lot of complaints about how all the blaster fire always hits the beskar when there are gaps between the plates. Are these the same people complaining about how the Skywalkers are the chosen ones, and why? And how the force works? Because, I'm sure there's a reason for why the beskar takes all of the incoming bolts that could be worse that midi-clorians...

Why not just leave some things to dramatic license? Because it could always be worse...
Morons having a nerd fight on the net? With other words, nothing new.

However, due to my way of GM'ing I want to understand how a setting works, which tend to mean quite a bit of fan-patching and head canon.

In my own head canon, Anakin later mentions the tiny life-forms inside him to Obi-Wan. To which Obi-Wan rolls his eyes and mutters something about Qui-Gon trying to explain midi-clorians in an age appropriate fashion. Not enough to fan patch out making force aptitude a blood test, but at least removing parts of it.

Explanations coming from Lucas or Abrams is definitely a hard pass for me. I'm not sure I would like any explanation from Johnson either, but I only know I didn't like what he did for Star Wars (and that wasn't to my taste), but haven't seen anything else he have made. Things that Filoni have been involved with seems to be much better in that regard, so an explanation in the series might have worked quite well. My own head canon there is that the electronics on the inside is not just dampeners, but helps by slightly attracts blaster bolts to the Beskar (or repel it from the gaps) as it can take the hit.

My own head canon there is that the electronics on the inside is not just dampeners, but helps by slightly attracts blaster bolts to the Beskar (or repel it from the gaps) as it can take the hit.

My personal head canon is that beskar isn't just in the plates- that there is a lattice in the bendable exposed parts that disperses energy weapons to the larger plates- they are more vulnerable to physical damage (which also explains Boba Fett's misadventure), though still provide some protection from those also.

It's weird how people make stormtroopers not hitting main characters an issue when it comes to Star Wars when you see the same thing in almost every American action movie ever. Especially as Star Wars even gives stormtroopers some time to shine, taking Leia's ship in Star Wars and winning the battle on Hoth.

Last edited:
It's weird how people make stormtroopers not hitting main characters an issue when it comes to Star Wars when you see the same thing in almost every American action movie ever. Especially as Star Wars even gives stormtroopers some time to shine, taking Leia's ship in Star Wars and winning the battle on Hoth.

Stormtroopers are nasty to deal with as long as you aren’t the hero. I submit the case of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

ACtC-3dXptRXST7ee-7gYPqzbjbz5l35OV4o4RvAGTAISia2sDY1dcF3G_jW4IyfbkRYu31s5qI_Ca0ZP7JmFszTO__mN9-WQBfThQRXv_3v9J6k2QHoEdCc8wh5kii6ybJWO339S1Shiqtfxyv1vhEBzwBmsQ=w1140-h1250-no

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back