Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Necrozius

Legendary Member
Reaction score
There was this hilarious article on Something Awful about 10 years ago. It was a complaint report of a contractor building a 40K Imperial ship. Stuff like whining about acquiring 10,000 skull doorknobs. Hilarious.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score

That sounds so much better than what we got. But then again, good becomes great in the details (and direction), and though I'm not one that disparages the prequels overall, they fell flat in too many places to be considered greater than what had come before.

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Reaction score
qvyc6gdshcm61.jpg

Endless Flight

Swo Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven’t seen those classics since they first aired on TV all those years ago.

Stevethulhu

Studiously Indifferent
Reaction score
Authentically excited although I will be watching them thoroughly stoned.
I watched these on Amazon Prime recently. So not exactly new to streaming. But very low budget and featuring Ewoks with eyes like sharks, all dead and glassy.

Endless Flight

Swo Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually liked the highly anticipated Ewok eyelids in the updated Return of the Jedi.

3rik

(ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣﹏ᵕ̣̣̣̣̣̣) R.I.P. Hana Kimura (1997 - 2020)
Reaction score
Seems like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the ewoks in RotJ. I thought they made a fun contrast with the fairly dark mood of certain parts of the film.

The ewok movies are pretty bad, though, but can still be fun to watch, if you're in the right mood.

Stevethulhu

Studiously Indifferent
Reaction score
Seems like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the ewoks in RotJ. I thought they made a fun contrast with the fairly dark mood of certain parts of the film.

The ewok movies are pretty bad, though, but can still be fun to watch, if you're in the right mood.
Savage little man eating Teddy bears? Whats not to like?

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score

I would have liked them a lot better if they weren't made to be merchandised, but they actually commit to them being primitive teddy bears and threats. Once they were domesticated, they were just a merchandising hook.

Chris Brady

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I would have liked them a lot better if they weren't made to be merchandised, but they actually commit to them being primitive teddy bears and threats. Once they were domesticated, they were just a merchandising hook.

They ATE PEOPLE. This is not 'fun' or 'lighthearted'!

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score
They ATE PEOPLE. This is not 'fun' or 'lighthearted'!

The problem was, they glossed this over with a Yub Yub song. If you ask anyone about them, the cannibalism, or the fact that they're using Stormtrooper helmets for their drums won't be the thing that sticks with them. It will be that stupid Yub Yub song and the dancing along. And the fact that they looked so pitiful when the Empire was slaughtering them, so anything else is just AOK.

chuckdee

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Cannibalism: noun - the practice of eating the flesh of one's own species. So not a problem experienced by Ewoks as far as I know. :thumbsup:
Pedantically you're right. But in getting the point across, it's shorter than always saying that people are food, not friends.

3rik

Reaction score
Cannibalism: noun - the practice of eating the flesh of one's own species. So not a problem experienced by Ewoks as far as I know. :thumbsup:
I've been saying this for years!

3rik

Reaction score
The problem was, they glossed this over with a Yub Yub song. If you ask anyone about them, the cannibalism, or the fact that they're using Stormtrooper helmets for their drums won't be the thing that sticks with them. It will be that stupid Yub Yub song and the dancing along. And the fact that they looked so pitiful when the Empire was slaughtering them, so anything else is just AOK.
That Yub Yub song was still far superior to the stupid and stupidly unfitting pseudo-Andean panflute thing they replaced it with.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com