Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
One of my best friends had the Death Star playset. I loved that thing. Between Star Wars, G.I.Joe, MEGO, Masters of the Universe, MASK and others that era was the greatest to be in if you loved toys.

I never had more than a handful of figures and Jabba the Hutt. But that's because I grew up just as Star Wars was fading out for the first time, so my real passion was--and remains--Masters of the Universe, where indulgent relatives wound up providing me with what turned into a 100% complete US release vintage collection. :grin:

So there's this:

That cgi version of Rey with the twin sabers looks terrible and presumably is a weird force vision thing because what the fuck

Why is Vader breathing in the trailer?

Perhaps Kylo does at the end and reappears to rey as Hayden Christiansen

Let's hope so

I think that I believe in red Letter media’s prediction that this will be a fucking time travel movie. JJAbrahms said something along the lines of “fuck it, I’m going to blow everything up”. I wouldn’t be surprised. That and Rei is the magical chosen one of the Force and lightsaber fights and whoo this is Pod Racing!

Edit: The Resistance are going to undo the effects of Order 66 and bring everyone back for a mega battle like at the end of Avengers Endgame. Massive Jedi vs Sith super war!

I’m silently vomiting at my own thoughts here.

giphy.gif

One of the shots from the trailer everyone is speculating about. Is C3P0 going to become an assassin droid like C3PX from Legends? Maybe he’ll have an “instant kill” mode.

DFF75A3B-741B-4EDA-875A-41474B1155C4.jpeg

SO it's a Star Wars Autumn/Winter/Festivus season. Aside from the new movie there's Clone Wars season 6 (or 7 depending on your chronology) and the Mandalorian. Is there anything else in case all of these turn out to be shit?

It’s set to take place eight years after Revenge of the Sith.

It looks to me that some of the rumours, which sounded lame, are true after all.

It looks to me that some of the rumours, which sounded lame, are true after all.
The whole thing just looked dreary. I know it's only a trailer, but make it look like more that just people running with loghtsabers, whooping and having a sword fight in an exotic location.

I said after TLJ, Star Wars isn't made for me any more. This trailers just threw that thought into sharp detail.

I actually had an uplifting feeling watching the trailer. Seeing Leia hug Rey does that anyway, but there’s a few other shots in there that give me goosebumps.

The whole thing just looked dreary. I know it's only a trailer, but make it look like more that just people running with loghtsabers, whooping and having a sword fight in an exotic location.

I said after TLJ, Star Wars isn't made for me any more. This trailers just threw that thought into sharp detail.

"Too old and not hip enough are we to begin the retraining." ;)

That Threepio line is fucking awful. "I just want to say good bye to my friends". The new characters you've barely interacted with, or the people that are already dead with whom you had no contact with before they died. It's just so sad.

So Palpatine has been sat at the bottom of the ocean waiting for Kylo to appear. Presumably he will cosplay vader from that one scene (assuming that's Vader's gear).

The force will be with you...ok that's Mark Hamill. Who is the voice saying "always"? Surely not Hayden Christiansen? Doesn't sound throaty enough to be Frank Oz.

EDIT: it's Leia. Oh who cares

I can sum up the new films in three lines

"who is (insert new character?"
"Doesn't matter"
The end

Watched this trailer last night.

This trailer makes me feel very old. It not only makes me feel unwanted, but also unwelcome. The trailer seems to be saying, "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."

I hope the target audience enjoys it; I freely admit I may be too anchored in the old EU and old Star Wars overall to be fair to the new stuff.

My son will be all over this. He loves all the new Star Wars movies. It's not my thing, but I'll take him to see it if he wants to go.

I grew up with old Star Wars (Pre Remastered) and played most Lucas arts and west end games versions of Star Wars games. Loved them all, love the new stuff too.

It's been too long to capture Original Star Wars anymore, the actors have aged out of the roles and a new cast with new ideas is needed. I would rather more Star War than no Star Wars.

So a lot of people have been mentioning this, and I have to echo. What's the plot of the film? A trailer, especially a 2+ minute one, usually gives a direction, but all we got was flash and size comparisons.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back