Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I own the action figure and it has legs.

Yep. The figure has legs, but allegedly the original design for the character didn't. It was a case where Kenner changed the design for the sake of the toy.

I suspect it's a case of them simply making the puppet without legs, because why would you?

Yep. The figure has legs, but allegedly the original design for the character didn't. It was a case where Kenner changed the design for the sake of the toy.
All other action figure and toy lines also gave the character legs.

Wookieepedia said:
Behind the scenes Ortolans have been inconsistently depicted with and without arms in several pieces of Disney canon media, with some Ortolans resembling the armless depiction described in Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know while others resemble their original Legends design.

There was this hilarious article on Something Awful about 10 years ago. It was a complaint report of a contractor building a 40K Imperial ship. Stuff like whining about acquiring 10,000 skull doorknobs. Hilarious.

That sounds so much better than what we got. But then again, good becomes great in the details (and direction), and though I'm not one that disparages the prequels overall, they fell flat in too many places to be considered greater than what had come before.

qvyc6gdshcm61.jpg

I haven’t seen those classics since they first aired on TV all those years ago.

Authentically excited although I will be watching them thoroughly stoned.
I watched these on Amazon Prime recently. So not exactly new to streaming. But very low budget and featuring Ewoks with eyes like sharks, all dead and glassy.

I actually liked the highly anticipated Ewok eyelids in the updated Return of the Jedi.

Seems like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the ewoks in RotJ. I thought they made a fun contrast with the fairly dark mood of certain parts of the film.

The ewok movies are pretty bad, though, but can still be fun to watch, if you're in the right mood.

Seems like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the ewoks in RotJ. I thought they made a fun contrast with the fairly dark mood of certain parts of the film.

The ewok movies are pretty bad, though, but can still be fun to watch, if you're in the right mood.
Savage little man eating Teddy bears? Whats not to like?

I would have liked them a lot better if they weren't made to be merchandised, but they actually commit to them being primitive teddy bears and threats. Once they were domesticated, they were just a merchandising hook.

I would have liked them a lot better if they weren't made to be merchandised, but they actually commit to them being primitive teddy bears and threats. Once they were domesticated, they were just a merchandising hook.

They ATE PEOPLE. This is not 'fun' or 'lighthearted'!

They ATE PEOPLE. This is not 'fun' or 'lighthearted'!

The problem was, they glossed this over with a Yub Yub song. If you ask anyone about them, the cannibalism, or the fact that they're using Stormtrooper helmets for their drums won't be the thing that sticks with them. It will be that stupid Yub Yub song and the dancing along. And the fact that they looked so pitiful when the Empire was slaughtering them, so anything else is just AOK.

Cannibalism: noun - the practice of eating the flesh of one's own species. So not a problem experienced by Ewoks as far as I know. :thumbsup:
Pedantically you're right. But in getting the point across, it's shorter than always saying that people are food, not friends.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back