Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
78CBDAE5-5AE7-4836-BFB3-FEAD6F0E95D3.jpegI have a 40th anniversary TESB calendar hanging in my office. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I took a picture of December and sent it to my younger brother. I told him that many moons ago I had this Burger King exclusive poster hanging on my closet door. He was about a year old in 1980, but I kept it on my door for quite a while, so he says he remembers. By Boris Vallejo and I still love it forty years later.

So apparently Harrison Ford will be appearing in at least one more Star Wars film/series. Speculation is that he'll be in one of the Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett episodes.

View attachment 39500I have a 40th anniversary TESB calendar hanging in my office. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I took a picture of December and sent it to my younger brother. I told him that many moons ago I had this Burger King exclusive poster hanging on my closet door. He was about a year old in 1980, but I kept it on my door for quite a while, so he says he remembers. By Boris Vallejo and I still love it forty years later.
That's beautiful, but I hate it when calendars have the images "bleed" over into the next page, prohibiting the chance of saving and framing them.

So apparently Harrison Ford will be appearing in at least one more Star Wars film/series. Speculation is that he'll be in one of the Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett episodes.

That's really going to give Disney's de-aging software a workout. But I suppose they've already done both Luke and Leia that way, might as well go for the trifecta.

GiantFreakingRobot is known for their unsubstantiated 'exclusives' though, aren't they?

269825498_4687624618018631_8968653065914421045_n.jpg

I love how they turned the allegedly most badass bounty hunter, the one that everyone feared into a big cuddly crime lord with a heart of gold.

I watched the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett last night. It was pretty good but it needed to be about ten minutes longer.

I liked the pulp feel and then saw at the end it was directed by Robert Rodriquez and it all made sense.

Did feel like the flashback structure didn't have enough room to breath, I wonder if Rodriquez's original cut was closer to feature length for the pilot.

Saw the first episode of Boba Fett. Liked it! Ashamed to admit that I’m also enjoying the rage of Extended Universe fans.

As a kid, the Sarlac monster pit really freaked me out. Even today, the concept sends unpleasant chills down my spine. So the flashback scene inside the Sarlac stomach kind of traumatised me LOL! Really fucking creepy, especially seeing the dead stormtrooper. To me that whole sequence was as disturbing as a horror movie!

It wasn't bad, but they spent too much time on the flashbacks and not enough on getting people invested in the story going forward. People tuned in to see Boba's attempt to take over Jabba's empire, and they got a show that constantly steered away from that to fill in background details that nobody was demanding.

I'm guessing the point of the flashbacks is to set up a connection between Boba and the Tuskens that will be important later, but I don't think they needed to spend so much time on it. They spent at least half the episode on backstory and still haven't finished telling it. If they wanted to spend so much time on this story, I think they should have moved the bulk of the flashback to a later episode, after we had time to get invested in what is happening the present of the show.

Okay, just learned this is a thing and now 100 percent believe the decision to burn down the EU was the right move.

Okay, just learned this is a thing and now 100 percent believe the decision to burn down the EU was the right move.

So much of the EU is filled with stupid.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back