Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Okay, just learned this is a thing and now 100 percent believe the decision to burn down the EU was the right move.

I've had 'Rick's Jizz Bar' sitting in the background of sooo many campaigns now.

Thinking further about the first episode of Book of Boba Fett, one of my favorite things about The Mandalorian was how complete every episode felt. Yes, there was a story arc over each season, but each episode felt solid and satisfying by itself. It was refreshing in the streaming era where most episodes involve a bunch of things happening over multiple plot lines for an hour. The Book of Boba Fett is closer to the latter than the former. That might be a reason that the episode didn't get as strong a response.

Another observation: They do the standard trick you have in superhero movies of having a character famous for wearing a mask/helmet spend most of their time not wearing it. I get it. It's hard to act behind a mask. But then they stick Boba in a plotline where he is surrounded entirely by characters wearing immobile masks that don't even have human voices.

I'll admit, some of the scenes of Tuskens talking to each other gave me flashbacks to the family discussions in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I thought it was okay, but slow. Nowhere near as strong as the first Mando episode.

If they’re going to spend so much time on flashbacks, the bits in the present need to be really interesting. Unfortunately, they weren’t great. I also felt the choreography in the fight scene was pretty awkward in a few places.

I’ll give it another episode or two, but it’ll need to really up its game to keep my interest. I’ve already got too many things I want to watch in the limited time I have for TV.

Another observation: They do the standard trick you have in superhero movies of having a character famous for wearing a mask/helmet spend most of their time not wearing it. I get it. It's hard to act behind a mask. But then they stick Boba in a plotline where he is surrounded entirely by characters wearing immobile masks that don't even have human voices.
That's a contractual thing, agents demand that the actor's face must be visible, as that's how they market their 'product'. How else will the stupid plebs know who they should stare at if they cannot see the actor. And no, I'm NOT saying it makes sense, just how Hollywood does things.
I'll admit, some of the scenes of Tuskens talking to each other gave me flashbacks to the family discussions in the Star Wars Holiday Special.
Why did they give the most badass Bounty Hunter, the one that could confidently talk back to Vader ("He's no good to me dead."), any trouble?

This is a pattern I've noticed with Filoni/Favreau's take on Star Wars, their main Bounty Hunter leads have really weird skill jumps. One episode, they're super badass, the next they can barely hold their own against goombas. Maybe next time don't right plots that require your hero to be inept to move the story forward?

Okay, just learned this is a thing and now 100 percent believe the decision to burn down the EU was the right move.

They included it in the New Canon as well - Which is an utterly boneheaded move.

5108994552_345866a4ea_b.jpg

The real Sy Snootles & the Rebo Band: Droopy McCool, Max Rebo & Sy Snootles. Vintage Kenner action figures.

Last edited:
I saw the second episode of The Book of Boba Fett.
So when do we get a Dune style Boba Fett leading the Tusken Raiders on a planetary conquest?

Man I wish I had today's money back then! I'd have whole fleets of TIEs and X-Wings. I'd also pick up enough of those Death Star sets to build a larger version of it!
FB_IMG_1641764548355.jpg

I had all of those other than the blaster. I remember the trash compactor!
Most of my stuff is in the attic at my mother's house. There are several pieces of the Death Star scattered throughout her house as they were used by my nephews and several cousins as parts in their imaginative endeavors. At least we got our $16 bucks out of it, and then some!

The one toy I wish I could have convinced my mom to get me back then was the remote control Jawa sandcrawler. I've seen some completely intact ones on eBay going for insane amounts. I'll just stick with my lost wishes for now...

Most of my stuff is in the attic at my mother's house. There are several pieces of the Death Star scattered throughout her house as they were used by my nephews and several cousins as parts in their imaginative endeavors. At least we got our $16 bucks out of it, and then some!

The one toy I wish I could have convinced my mom to get me back then was the remote control Jawa sandcrawler. I've seen some completely intact ones on eBay going for insane amounts. I'll just stick with my lost wishes for now...
All of my stuff was in a large wooden box at my parents' house. Then they gave it away without asking me. :shock:

In the end, I should have figured out something to do with them when I moved out.

Bit of an overreaction, don't you think? They're still your parents.
The best part about this post is that several months ago I shared on a Facebook group that I finally had someone suggest I’m too old for gaming. I asked the group what was the best way to disown them. Dozens of people found the post hilarious and commented on it.

A few days later my post disappears. A few days after that an admin sends me a novel chastising me for my post, apparently being the only person in the group who didn’t get it was a joke.

I left the group. My only regret is I didn’t send him the “WTF I’m not reading that wall of text” meme.

All my Star Wars stuff is in boxes in our attic.

I watched episode 3 of Boba Fett. I'm beginning to think the writing process for a Star Wars Tv episode is just the writers playing a ttrpg and taking meticulous notes.
The chase scene felt really silly to me. I think it was the combination of the mayor's aid being unmenacing, the smoothness of the speeders and the seemingly low speed of the chase. Still good fun!
I can't wait to see Chekhov's Rancor ride.

I watched episode 3 of Boba Fett. I'm beginning to think the writing process for a Star Wars Tv episode is just the writers playing a ttrpg and taking meticulous notes.
The chase scene felt really silly to me. I think it was the combination of the mayor's aid being unmenacing, the smoothness of the speeders and the seemingly low speed of the chase. Still good fun!
I can't wait to see Chekhov's Rancor ride.
When they all pulled up in front of the mayor's office those bikes reminded me of hover rounds for old folks. They also sort of resembled kiddie carnival rides with those colors!

I'm going to watch today... I know we were doing something before, but can I ask as many people can't watch on the day that we spoiler stuff until at least the weekend after the episode? This is a general Star Wars thread, not one about Boba Fett, so I don't really expect to see spoilers by nature of the thread...

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back